Cryorig H7 Making Weird Noise

ROBERT115

My H7 makes a non-smooth noise where it doesnt sound constant. It is kinda like a rattle, my i7 6700k temps are great 20c at idle, but why is it making that noise. Can anyone help? Thank you

I may be wrong here but 20C at idle would suggest to me that your heat sensors are faulty, an air cooler delivering sub-ambient temperatures is ludicrous. One would assume that your fan is the issue causing the noise however. I'd assume a faulty bearing or similar.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams

Are you sure it runs at 20c at Idle? that is below ambient? 

Possible Issues:

Heat Sensors are broken and you're not actually achieving that?

I may assume a faulty Fan

1 minute ago, Jekub said:

I may be wrong here but 20C at idle would suggest to me that your heat sensors are faulty, an air cooler delivering sub-ambient temperatures is ludicrous. One would assume that your fan is the issue causing the noise however. I'd assume a faulty bearing or similar.

Vouch

Are you sure that it's your H7? Does stopping the fan stop the noise?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.