Inno3D iChill GTX 1060 X3 6GB

Hey guys,

when the first GTX 1060 3rd party cards have been realeased on the german market, I replaced my "turn off the heater, I'll game now"-GTX 690. I wanted a quiet card and stumbled apon the Inno3D iChill GTX 1060 X3.

1060ichill.png

The cooler is taken from Inno3Ds GTX 1080 and it's absolutely no problem to keep it's little-little-brother cool and quiet.

Build quality is really good, actually I was amazed how well everything is built together and how good it feels.

It's overclocked from factory, but as the GTX 1060 is a pretty good overclocker, I wanted some more. Now it's running absolutely fine at 2100 MHz with temps at max. 64°C and low noise. I'm sure it could do more, If I only could raise the voltage (max 1080mV) a little bit more. I also have left some headroom, of about 20MHz to make sure it's 100% stable. Memory clock is at 4500 MHz, I didn't try to push that further.

When I'm not gaming, the fans turn off below 48°C (custom fan curve, but it's doing a Fan Stop by factory settings, too).

Benchmarks

Furmark 1080p: 5228points (87 FPS)

FireStrike Extreme: 6925 graphics score

Heaven (Preset: Extreme): 2310 points (avg: 91,7 - min: 26,8 - max: 197,7 fps)

I know that this isn't the best fps/money GTX 1060, but as it runs cool and quiet I'm perfectly happy with that. It runs all the games I play (GTA V, Watch Dogs 2) on almost highest settings at 1080p without any problems over 60fps, which is all I need.

What are your thoughts on this card?

Greets,

Andy

Update: I overclocked it even further, running stable.

GPU: 2114 MHz

Memory: 4550 MHz

I tried 4600 MHz on memory, but 3dmark Firestrike Extreme cancelled itself all the time - maybe because it detected some bad behavior.

New Firestrike Extreme score: 7030.

Which means, my rig is the best one of all the others with my CPU (FX 8350 @ 4.8 GHz) + GPU. Firestrike Extreme result ^_^