I regret buying Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse

I knew this was coming, but after reading so many positive reviews about it, I was sure this is the best all around gaming/everyday use mouse.

The problem is that annoying sniping/dpi button on the side. Everytime I swipe the mouse to the right I accidentally click that button, it is extremely frustrating having spent so much money on a mouse and to have such a silly problem. Everytime I use the mouse I have to make a conscious effort not to hold the mouse too tightly so I wouldn't click that button. I know it can be easily disabled in the software, but it won't solve the problem I'll still be clicking that frickn' button. 

jeez...I should've went with the mx master... What a disapointment...

I'm thinking of riping it out with a knife..

Why doesn't disabling it solve the problem?

Peripherals are down to preference. You have to try it out before you can know whether it's for you or not.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Why doesn't disabling it solve the problem?

Peripherals are down to preference. You have to try it out before you can know whether it's for you or not.

But why is it so easy to click that button, haven't the logitech think this through?

Just now, Lazarus23 said:

But why is it so easy to click that button, haven't the logitech think this through?

I don't have that issue at all. It's down to how you prefer to hold the mouse.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It really depends on your grip .. my finger is never on the button when im using it. The thumb is below the sniper key. 

Magical Pineapples

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

I don't have that issue at all. It's down to how you prefer to hold the mouse.

So you must be using fingertip grip so your thumb is barely reaching that button. I'm using palm grip and my thumb is right on that button, so everytime I swipe right or lift the mouse the button clicks..

2 minutes ago, Lazarus23 said:

So you must be using fingertip grip so your thumb is barely reaching that button. I'm using palm grip and my thumb is right on that button, so everytime I swipe right or lift the mouse the button clicks..

Yep, I use a relaxed fingertip grip. As far as I know, my friends who palm it still don't have an issue with the button though.

I  have the mouse too and I really love it, but the middle mouse button is so smooth that my finger frequently slips when I try to press it.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

18 minutes ago, Lazarus23 said:

I knew this was coming, but after reading so many positive reviews about it, I was sure this is the best all around gaming/everyday use mouse.

The problem is that annoying sniping/dpi button on the side. Everytime I swipe the mouse to the right I accidentally click that button, it is extremely frustrating having spent so much money on a mouse and to have such a silly problem. Everytime I use the mouse I have to make a conscious effort not to hold the mouse too tightly so I wouldn't click that button. I know it can be easily disabled in the software, but it won't solve the problem I'll still be clicking that frickn' button. 

jeez...I should've went with the mx master... What a disapointment...

I'm thinking of riping it out with a knife..

I have that button rebound to use for push to talk on discord/TS3 and I can say I never click it by accident.  That said there's no one best mouse for all everyone has different hands sizes and grip styles.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Maybe you guys are right, maybe I just have to get used to it, but for now it's really awkward to use it for me..

I actually regret buying it for the scroll wheel, its crap and the click button doesn't work anymore. The braided cable is stupid too as it gets matted when you are constantly wrapping the cable up (I travel with it)

Maybe you guys are right, maybe I just have to get used to it, but for now it's really awkward to use it for me..

You can disable G-Shift in LGS

I also use palm grip, but just the tip of my thumb is on the button, just how big are your hands D:

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

The problem might be that I was used to holding this mouse tightly with tips of my thumb and pinky+ring fingers, so now my instant reflex when I lift up the new mouse is to press my fingers against the sides.

m100-gallery.png

You must be a really tall person with long thumb. 

I guess disabling the button in the software doesnt help you and button itself (physical presence) worries you.

Well, u can return it or modify it (disasamble the mouse, cut it out and cover the hole).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 hours ago, Lazarus23 said:

No you DONT have to get used to it, Mice are all down to personal preference, Don't let people force you into "getting used to" a mice just because its good/popular.

Look for alternatives, Give me a grip style and I can find you some. You also seem to have large hands?