Does this seem like a good build?

vohh

Hello, my name is Kikouda.  My goal is to buy this pc and put it together on christmas day or the day after.  But i need to know if im getting the biggest bang for my buck.

build link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VFrstJ

Budget & Location   

The budget for my pc is $600.  I am also buying $150 in peripherals that I dont have yet.

On the list is a Razer Ornata Chroma.  I know people think corsair or other brands are better but I find Razer's products aesthetically pleasing.

Also on the list is a NZXT S340W case.  Yet again, I find it aesthetically pleasing so please don't  try to coax me away from it.

I live in south Minnesota.

Aim   

I play TF2, CSGO, and Skyrim which I think will be able to run pretty well with the build.

I plan on buying Overwatch and Dishonored 2.

I also hope to do some music composing and video editing sometime in the future.

Monitors   

I already bought the monitor.  It is a Dell S2316M which has 23" and ynow what heres what some thingy says "Dell S2316M Black 23" 6ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 250 cd/m2 DCR 8,000,000:1 (1000:1)"  i got it new for $100, its normally $170

I wouldnt mind branching out to a second monitor but my financial situation wont allow for one right now.

im just fine with 1920 x1080

Peripherals   

As I said above I can spend $150 on peripherals.  All I need right now is a keyboard, speakers (although i dont use speakers i thought i should still get them), and a mousemat (i have a razer one but I dont like the graphic on it and im going for a black / white theme.

On the list is a Razer Ornata Chroma.  I know people think corsair or other brands are better but I find Razer's products aesthetically pleasing. (every corsair keyboard is ugly af)

Also on the list is a NZXT S340W case.  Yet again, I find it aesthetically pleasing so please don't  try to coax me away from it.

Why am I upgrading?   

very low graphics, 30 fps

Other   

Dont put in some insane red motherbaord with extreme red leds etc.  im going for a black / white build.

also do I need to buy a windows oem key?

video link to explanation for superclocking pcs and monitors?

anyone want to share some dope ass music??

Something like this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($41.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 4GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($199.48 @ Amazon)
Case: Enermax Thorex ATX Mid Tower Case  ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ B&H)
Total: $582.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-07 21:46 EST-0500

I can't do white black with that small budget sorry

Music:

@deXxterlab97 i forgot to put my link in the post, i just updated it. please make revisions to my list instead of a whole new list.

2 minutes ago, Kikouda said:

@deXxterlab97 i forgot to put my link in the post, i just updated it. please make revisions to my list instead of a whole new list.

How do you suppose I do that mate

My life

Dude there's an RX 470 for $140. That's a card in a whole new level of performance. You can't not get it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RvjWGX/powercolor-radeon-rx-470-4gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-470-4gbd5-3dhoc

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

How do you suppose I do that mate

4147c99c67e745a5300fc9be4014f1e5.png
this lil button right here sir

Just now, Kikouda said:

4147c99c67e745a5300fc9be4014f1e5.png
this lil button right here sir

And once I finish editing what do I do

My life

And once I finish editing what do I do

send me the link to the list 

32e71448527ce56879270ff676bc9db8.png

Thats exactly what @deXxterlab97 did

??

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Dude there's an RX 470 for $140. That's a card in a whole new level of performance. You can't not get it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RvjWGX/powercolor-radeon-rx-470-4gb-red-devil-video-card-axrx-470-4gbd5-3dhoc

i would be all over that but the 1050ti allows me to get shadowplay.  i know there are other screen recorders but i like shadowplay because you dont always have to be recording.  are there other programs that are nearly identical to shadowplay and are they free?  how much better is the 470 compared to the 1050ti?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

??

8 minutes ago, Kikouda said:

You stated "Please make revisions to my list isntead of a whole new list."

In PCPartPicker, that is not possible. Only the creator of the list can make changes to the specific list. But another user can copy the list, and save it as their own, then give the link as another parts list. You will have to combine the lists yourself as you only have edditing access to lists you create.

Computers r fun

2 minutes ago, Kikouda said:

i would be all over that but the 1050ti allows me to get shadowplay.  i know there are other screen recorders but i like shadowplay because you dont always have to be recording.  are there other programs that are nearly identical to shadowplay and are they free?  how much better is the 470 compared to the 1050ti?

Edit: My numbers are off, 25-30% faster.

There's OBS, it takes a bit to set up but once it's set up it's a press of a button to start, and a press to stop.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Thats exactly what @deXxterlab97 did

he made a completely new list,  if you read it said i didnt have my link in the original post.  if youre not going to help me out on this then please go elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

You stated "Please make revisions to my list isntead of a whole new list."

In PCPartPicker, that is not possible. Only the creator of the list can make changes to the specific list. But another user can copy the list, and save it as their own, then give the link as another parts list. You will have to combine the lists yourself as you only have edditing access to lists you create.

oh, i never realized.  ive made posts before and people have responded with only 1 or 2 things changed.  yeah make a different list but with the same parts as the orignal

1 minute ago, Kikouda said:

he made a completely new list,  if you read it said i didnt have my link in the original post.  if youre not going to help me out on this then please go elsewhere.

The thing with the pcpartpicker link is that it's a hash generated by a function of all the components in your system. A change in one component will change the link to the new build. The one you have in your computer is stored in your computer only.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

The thing with the pcpartpicker link is that it's a hash generated by a function of all the components in your system. A change in one component will change the link to the new build. The one you have in your computer is stored in your computer only.

ok i dont mean keep the link exactly the same but the parts in the list the same (except what parts you are switching out)  and to clarify, in obs you need to press record and then play,  in shadowplay you play and then once you frag you press the button and it goes back and saves it (i think i dont have it)  the reason why i want one like shadowplay is because id probably forget to record every time i play and it would take up alot of memory to record some 3hour sessions.

Are you willing to ditch the costly keyboard and color scheme?

And yes amd has a shadowplay alternative. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Kikouda said:

ok i dont mean keep the link exactly the same but the parts in the list the same (except what parts you are switching out)  and to clarify, in obs you need to press record and then play,  in shadowplay you play and then once you frag you press the button and it goes back and saves it (i think i dont have it)  the reason why i want one like shadowplay is because id probably forget to record every time i play and it would take up alot of memory to record some 3hour sessions.

Interesting. Isn't there a way to set a hotkey to stop recording in OBS? Even if there isn't in the vanilla program, some googling should reveal an addon that does it, or a hidden setting.

If you really really need shadowplay, you'll be paying up quite a bit for it (The equivalent in performance of a RX 470 costs $200 for Nvidia, it's the 1060 3GB which is a bit better only).

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

Oh I'd forgotten they bundle recording software with their gaming evolved app. It may do what OP needs, but I haven't used it (haven't even needed shadowplay)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Are you willing to ditch the costly keyboard and color scheme?

nope i want to stick with the ornata and black / white theme.  if any color then carmine, purple, or pink.

what is the amd recording tool called?

18 minutes ago, MadOrc said:

This won't affect performance, but be mindful that your mATX motherboard will not fill the S340 completely.

so theres just going to be extra space?  any benefit to getting a mid atx motherboard instead?

Just now, Kikouda said:

nope i want to stick with the ornata and black / white theme.  if any color then carmine, purple, or pink.

what is the amd recording tool called?

Its in raptr. It uses AMD dvr. Their proper solution is coming in the next big update.

Shame that you have to stick with it.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Its in raptr. It uses AMD dvr. Their proper solution is coming in the next big update.

Shame that you have to stick with it.

well if i do buy the red devit i could always just paint the red part white and remove the red sticker.  but of course id need to look into it to make sure im using the right type of paint.

alright i did some research and found out that is HAS to be a nvidia card,  for some reason i thought it was any geforce card.  silly me. If the cheapest nvidia card thats on the 470s level is $200 then im going to have to use raptr instead.  but raptr also works on intel cards.  im not sure why i lean more towards intel over amd. i guess i wouldnt mind getting intel as long as its the best option