Anyone playing FFXV?

Techicolors

I am too poor for a new game :(

I've literally played around 10 mins. Seems the vanilla PS4 experience aint great, either that or I'm spoilt by 1080 + Gsync

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I am too poor for a new game :(

you got a ps4?

Just now, stealth80 said:

I've literally played around 10 mins. Seems the vanilla PS4 experience aint great, either that or I'm spoilt by 1080 + Gsync

i've already beaten the game, but i can confirm that the vanilla ps4 really isn't that great at a PC gamer's perspective. but i have to admit the game is breathtaking 

Yes! I'm enjoying the game so far!  The story is getting interesting for what I've played, but I can see how it may be a bit confusing for those not familiar with the Anime/Movies/background related to the game.  The game's world is so expansive... I'm having a hard time just keeping to the main storyline. :-)

It's quite unfortunate that it's not available on PC though... at least not for a few years...  I'd double-dip for this game, especially if they allowed for true 4K on PC.  I'm playing on a PS4 Pro and I must say that it's one of the blurrier games that I've played (probably because of some anti-aliasing/blurring filters that they using).

I'm playing it on the PS4 Pro. It's not exactly mindblowing either if all you care about is graphics. Too much smudging, stuff popping in, frame rate drops if  things get remotely intense...

But I don't care about that. I'm only on Chapter 5 and I've already clocked in 20+ hours :3

10 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm playing it on the PS4 Pro. It's not exactly mindblowing either if all you care about is graphics. Too much smudging, stuff popping in, frame rate drops if  things get remotely intense...

But I don't care about that. I'm only on Chapter 5 and I've already clocked in 20+ hours :3

are you using the High (4k HDR mode i believe) or the Lite (non-HDR 4k) mode? 

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

are you using the High (4k HDR mode i believe) or the Lite (non-HDR 4k) mode? 

I'm using the High mode. It doesn't change the HDR because that's a separate option.

Either way I don't care about the nitpicky things on the graphics. I notice them, but I don't really care.

10 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm using the High mode. It doesn't change the HDR because that's a separate option.

Either way I don't care about the nitpicky things on the graphics. I notice them, but I don't really care.

how is performance? i'm playing on ps4 and i notice a lot of frame pacing issues, but nothing too serious. but it gets real hectic in places like lestallum or altissia 

Just now, Technicolors said:

how is performance? i'm playing on ps4 and i notice a lot of frame drops, but nothing too serious. but it gets real hectic in places like lestallum or altissia 

Unless I'm in a huge crowd or fighting lots of monsters, it stays at about 30 FPS.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Unless I'm in a huge crowd or fighting lots of monsters, it stays at about 30 FPS.

have you tried playing with HDR? 

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Yes, HDR doesn't affect performance.

not talking about performance. i'm talking about how well it looks 

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

The game's pretty dark looking without HDR.

very dark, i might say. it's hard to make out what i'm doing when i am in dark environments or during nighttime. or it could be the TV, don't know. how well does HDR mode blow out highlights and colors? 

10 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

very dark, i might say. it's hard to make out what i'm doing when i am in dark environments or during nighttime. or it could be the TV, don't know. how well does HDR mode blow out highlights and colors? 

It doesn't. It looks pretty normal to me. It's when you look at the screenshots on a normal display it looks like that:

FINAL FANTASY XV_20161201212557.jpg

FINAL FANTASY XV_20161207212418.jpg

FINAL FANTASY XV_20161129211920.jpg

I'm not playing it yet but I'll likely pick up a copy in the next few weeks. I have a new 4K HDR TV so it'll be nice to see how it looks. I've been so excited about this game for a long time but since hearing about the upcoming story fixes I figured I might try to hold off. I'm glad I held held off from getting it on day 1 so I could see reviews.

I've only clocked up an hour or two on this on PS4, as I'm prioritising exploring Alola region...

I don't have any complaint on graphics, but I might not have gone anywhere that stressful yet as I'm still in the starting areas. I'm still not sure about the combat system compared to past FF games.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Already beat the game about a week back.

The battles are fun and some bosses are a challenge and fun to fight.  Large darn map too.

My grips is the short story, and the button smashing crap fest of the last boss (seriously....last boss is a joke).  I mean the story is very short at lest to me for a JRPG main story line.  Beat the main story line in under 30 hours and that doing quite a few hunts and 20+ side quests.  Plus, the game gets super linear after the Leviathan boss fight (....neat battle, but button smash fest as well).

Hope the secret boss is a challenge.  Got to find the stinker now.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

Beat the main story line in under 30 hours and that doing quite a few hunts and 20+ side quests.

I decided to do Pokemon Moon first as it was released first and have spent 35 hours on that so far... so I could have finished FFXV in a similar amount of time? :) 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

13 minutes ago, porina said:

I decided to do Pokemon Moon first as it was released first and have spent 35 hours on that so far... so I could have finished FFXV in a similar amount of time? :) 

Pretty much, the battle system is fun, but not super challenging.  Especially if you get the hang of the dodging mechanic.  Once you do, pretty much nothing can touch your butt unless its an area attack or one that is not dodge able.  Then again you can phase attack through those, or use a tech skill that makes you immune during those attacks.  Reason I beat the main story with lv38-40 characters.  Yep, I kicked a lv44 Raven butt with a lv40 character with my other three guys dead.  Talk about dodging and phase attacking none stop.

Oops, I actually beat Pokemon Sun in under 25 hours.  :P   I consider the game super short since I have put over 60+ hours on Xenoblade Chronicles, and I'm not done yet.  Then Tokyo Mirage #FE has over 55+ hours on it too (love its battle system to death).

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

21 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Oops, I actually beat Pokemon Sun in under 25 hours.  :P   

Don't want to drag this thread off topic, but did you just breeze through the main story? I gotta catch them all along the way...

5 hours ago, porina said:

Don't want to drag this thread off topic, but did you just breeze through the main story? I gotta catch them all along the way...

I pretty much smash through main story lines in games then go back for side events.

Though, the main story in Sun is not super hard.  Think hardest stinker was the gal in the Elite Four who used ghost Pokemon.  I tend to not go catching all the Pokes, just my favorites.

Almost bought a console just for this game. . . But my better judgement said no. . .

Will there be a PC version? I will 100% buy for pc, if so.