rumor has it id just removed Denuvo DRM from Doom (2016)

zMeul
15 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Let's say I'm a minimum wage employee, I now have to work 3 more hours to get a AAA title game because the canadian dollar tanked. Obviously I dont do that because I wait for sales but it's still more expensive. I have pirated things to try them and then acquired them when I liked the game. Example: Fallout New Vegas, Civ6, the first Witcher.

3 hours of work for 100+ hours of enjoyment? Seems reasonable. As I mentioned above, i know a family who makes well below minimum wage and who managed to get plenty of games. Also, games arent a need. You are in no way entitled to it, and if you cant afford it then maybe the best course of action is to simply not get the game. There are plenty of cheap indie games out there. If you cant afford a AAA title, then don't get it! Save up for 6 months, and then buy it at the summer sale when it is 50% off. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

On 08/12/2016 at 1:50 PM, laminutederire said:

Are you saying morality isn't worth the effort to think about it, making people like me obnoxious because we want an ideal in our life?

(By the way, I'm a warrior yes, but I tend to fight for my values

everywhere, so keyboard warrior isn't accurate)

They lose the value you consume. If it isn't worth anything, you wouldn't consume it.

It's like exactly like a physical product in the sense that it is equivalent to a service, which in economics can be seen as a product,  whether it is physical or not. That product has a value, and someone getting without paying is stealing that value from the content creator.

If they act like dicks, do like people like me, don't buy their products and don't pirate them. Just ignore them, they'll die on their own.

When you think about it, it's a vicious circle, you think they're ripping people off so you pirate their software, making them know they have to rip off even more people who actually pay in order to sustain themselves and so on. The more people in general will pay, the less expensive it'll get for everyone.

Well okay,  I admit that legally it may be gray since it is not technically a theft while still sharing every principle of it which is to take away a value from its rightful owner in a non consenting way. My bad for that, thank you for pointing it out.

i have a problem with people obnoxiously cramming THIER morality down my throat and some how thinking that they are better than me.

its not a vicious circle at all because the answer is not to be more of a dick. the fact that you think that shows how naive your thinking is.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

On 8/12/2016 at 1:50 AM, deXxterlab97 said:

Are we allowed to talk about piracy in the forum?

If the thread was "here's how to crack denuvo" or "here's where you can find a pirated copy of doom" it wouldn't be allowed. "piracy is a thing" and "game x has been pirated" are perfectly acceptable topics.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Piracy will always be a thing now because of dlc's and the fact that there is no proper way to refund games that you don't like. So until you can at least invest in buying a game were you can easily return it if you don't like without the bs stipulation of not playing over 2 hours  to be able to refund it, people will pirate the games first.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

19 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Piracy will always be a thing now because of dlc's and the fact that there is no proper way to refund games that you don't like. So until you can at least invest in buying a game were you can easily return it if you don't like without the bs stipulation of not playing over 2 hours  to be able to refund it, people will pirate the games first.

this.

the 2h/2weeks rule on steam is only good for people who want to test if the game runs well, but gameplay etc is had to test within 2h cuz thats barely the tutorial for non-fps games.

i pirated metal gear solid 5 shortly after the game came out, even played about 10h and still bought it for full price 2 months after release.

even witcher 3 wasnt perfect at launch cuz nvidia hairworks etc made it run like shit,  but they patched it real quick and made free dlc for everyone.

then we have games like NMS and batman arkham knight.

23 minutes ago, apm said:

this.

the 2h/2weeks rule on steam is only good for people who want to test if the game runs well, but gameplay etc is had to test within 2h cuz thats barely the tutorial for non-fps games.

i pirated metal gear solid 5 shortly after the game came out, even played about 10h and still bought it for full price 2 months after release.

even witcher 3 wasnt perfect at launch cuz nvidia hairworks etc made it run like shit,  but they patched it real quick and made free dlc for everyone.

then we have games like NMS and batman arkham knight.

2 weeks is plenty of time to figure out if you like a game or not, but 2 hours ? That's barely enough time to even get any where in some titles.Heck I've been stuck in certain parts of games for over 2 hours because the tutorial sucked so much that it' didn't teach all of the basic stuff well enough or some of the basic features aren't implemented well enough for you to progress fast enough.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

On December 7, 2016 at 6:50 PM, SCHISCHKA said:

and DRM has a history of being bad for security. I think it was SecuRom that installed a rootkit.

Anyway if you are really against it head over to http://www.defectivebydesign.org/

I thought securom was a rootkit?  Or at least that it functioned like a rootkit to a degree where it may as well be considered a rootkit?

8 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

The difference is that you can't steal algebra since it has never been produced with an intellectual property. It has been thought of then transmitted as public knowledge, there it is economics-wise free.

They are not the same yes, but the end result remains the same since some people are deprived of a wealth they're entitled to. It's just that for me, I want to make the abstraction to the value whether it is real or hypothetical. In the case of piracy it is hypothetical, it is the money developers would get if they would be paid for every game being played illegally.

Piracy isn't plagiarism though, since the game are modified but passed on as the real game.

Even if we don't agree in semantics, can we at least agree piracy is depriving our world of hypothetical wealth because of the vicious circles it can create can lead to developers not making some contents etc. And that it is immoral as well.

4 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

(...)

Frankly, after reading your post I couldn't find anything to agree to (except that it isn't plagiarism, which is what I said before as well). But at this point I've explained everything I had to say, so I won't bore everyone by just repeating myself.

I still think it's good the exchange is there for others to read and use as food for thought :)

43 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I thought securom was a rootkit?  Or at least that it functioned like a rootkit to a degree where it may as well be considered a rootkit?

yea im pretty sure thats the one that went to a lawsuit coz it had some vulnerability

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

On 12/7/2016 at 6:48 PM, bgibbz said:

This is something i can totally agree with you on. As much as I dislike piracy, grey market is even worse. At least piracy has the tag of "illegal" and many people view it as immoral. So many people view grey market sites as being a perfectly okay, legitimate way of purchasing game, with little knowledge that they are screwing over the devs. I know a kid who drives a Tesla p90d, has a $3,000 computer, and buys every one of his games off of g2a. While he doesn't intend to do wrong, he genuinely believed that grey market sites are no different than buying on steam. While i dislike piracy and all, at least its illegal. 

This is something I can totally agree with you on. As much as I dislike [stealing cars], [used car dealerships] are way worse. At least [stealing cars] has the tag of "illegal" and many people view it as immoral. So many people view [used car dealerships] as being a perfectly okay, legitimate way of purchasing [cars], with little knowledge that they are screwing over the [car manufacturers]. know a guy who [lives in a million dollar house], has a $3,000 computer, and buys every one of his [cars] [used].. While he doesn't intend to do wrong, he genuinely believed that [used car dealerships]  are no different than buying [from the manufacturers]. While i dislike [stealing cars] and all, at least its illegal. 

Witcher 3 > all action rpg games.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

14 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

I wonder if this means the 60 FPS lock will be lifted now.

I hope so. While DOOM looks breathtakingly good, I would love to be able to take advantage of my 75Hz Freesync display.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I hope so. While DOOM looks breathtakingly good, I would love to be able to take advantage of my 75Hz Freesync display.

Glad to have found someone else with this problem. No matter what I do, I can't remove the lock, apart from on one occasion which I can't replicate.

11 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

Glad to have found someone else with this problem. No matter what I do, I can't remove the lock, apart from on one occasion which I can't replicate.

Even when I attempt to set framerate to "Adaptive", it flat-out refuses to exceed 60, no matter what I do.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

apparently Crytek has removed the Denuvo DRM from The Climb (VR)

I'm not citing any sources because there isn't one, only "reports" and "rumors"

On 12/8/2016 at 6:08 AM, zMeul said:

hearsay on why Denuvo was removed from DOOM: 

Inside also used Denuvo and got cracked shortly after release

Playdead, the developer, dropped Denuvo from the game http://www.pcgamer.com/playdead-drops-denuvo-from-the-hit-indie-platformer-inside/

I would not rely on that comment for accuracy, the poster regularly posts on /r/The_Donald about how they work in foreign policy.

Otherwise, that does seem to be the case.

On 12/7/2016 at 8:05 PM, bgibbz said:

That is very flawed logic. If you dont want to pay for the game, dont get it! I for one know many people who would have bought a particular game, but instead chose to pirate. If you wanted a coke, you wouldnt just walk in to a store and steal it. You would either buy it or live with not having it. Piracy is no different from theft. 

LOL comparing something physical to something digital.

if piracy is theft then id be stealing from ammo makers when i reload.