M50x or Cloud II

MickG139

Hey im new to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong section.

So I have been looking to buy new headphone and my two choices are the cloud 2 or the m50x's. I play games a lot but I listen to music when I play and will like to listen to music while traveling or even going at school. What pair you guys think I should get?

Are the m50x worth the extra money or should I get the cloud's

Why are those your two choices?

I'd get the M40x's over the M50x's/Clouds between those choices as the m40x is pretty close to the m50x but much less. But there are a lot of other options in the recommendation thread: 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

10 minutes ago, MickG139 said:

Are the m50x worth the extra money or should I get the cloud's

The Cloud 1's are cheaper than the Cloud 2's. The difference is that 2 has a better mic. That's about it. It should sound exactly the same as the originals if you don't plan on playing competitive games (which you don't anyway if you're looking at headphones as an alternative).

m40x or Cloud, whichever is cheaper then get that. They're both good quality.

M40x or cloud core/1

cloud 2 comes with a usb dongle which is not that good.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Clouds are decently V-shaped

M50x are stupidly V-shaped

M40x are slightly V-shaped

M40x maybe are a tiny bit better in terms of raw quality than the clouds. M50x probably are too but they hurt too much to listen to.

Stock pads on the M?0x are trash, clouds are okay if you're not used to stuff like ZMF pads or even Beyer pads.

For portable use, I'd get M40x and HM5 pleather pads, or even M50x and HM5 pleather pads and an EQ unless you don't mind the highs.

Only because they look nicer and are able to be folded which is good for portability.

Don't tread on me. I squish, and white liquid comes out. It's icky, trust me.