New Monitor

Cankatsa

Hi all, with Christmas coming up i'm looking into buying another monitor. Currently I'm looking at:

www.ncix.com/detail/asus-mg248q-24in-gaming-monitor-13-130608.htm

Preferably, I'm looking for:

144hz

Displayport

1ms

1920x1080 or higher

G-sync

TN/IPS isn't a huge deal to me

24" or higher

All under 400$

What would you recommend?

Thanks!

1ms is for TN panels only, so if that's a requirement then you'll be going for that. And V-Sync isn't something you look for in a monitor. Do you mean G-Sync (NVIDIA) or Freesync (AMD)?

14 minutes ago, Cankatsa said:

Hi all, with Christmas coming up i'm looking into buying another monitor. Currently I'm looking at:

www.ncix.com/detail/asus-mg248q-24in-gaming-monitor-13-130608.htm

Preferably, I'm looking for:

144hz

Displayport

1ms

1920x1080 or higher

V-sync

TN/IPS isn't a huge deal to me

24" or higher

All under 400$

What would you recommend?

Thanks!

V-Sync is not a monitor technology.  It's an Nvidia graphics card technology... so it works with ALL monitors.  Perhaps you were saying it should be GSYNC compatible???  That IS a monitor technology that is required if you want to use that feature on Nvidia cards.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

This is probably one of the best, along with your choice: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/HPX2FT/acer-monitor-xb241hbmipr

Unlike your choice, this one supports G-sync which is better for your setup considering that you are connecting it to the gtx960 in your profile. The Asus MG is a Freesync monitor which isn't helpful unless you are connecting it to an AMD card.

It doesn't have G-sync, but it's way cheaper than the other options. LG 24GM77

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN.