Request timed out on several websites

Go to solution Solved by bbpb,
3 hours ago, Flobberknock said:

Ah yes TAP adapters are usually VPN's

I've noticed you're using LMI Hamachi. Any chance you can disable that and check if you still experience the same problem?

Sadly nothing changed, I'm thinking about closing the topic because it looks like I should contact my ISP and thats not possible since they shut down the costumer support department, I know it sounds crazy but it's true and actually very very sad.

Hi, I'm having issues and I'm no sure if it is my ISP, my internet modem or a virus on my pc, I already ran Malwarebytes, I don't know if you recommend it but it has worked for me in the past.

I have tested 2 internet modems and they are both having the same issues with different websites

In the image the error traduces to a request timed out as it shows on the cmd when I run the command ping.

I don't know what can be causing this s:

EDIT : I'm adding a picture of the TCP/IPv4 properties window so you can see the DNS server that I'm using

wtf lttF2.png

wtf lttF3.png

lttf 1.png

If you've ruled out DNS issues by using a different DNS (try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if you haven't), and tried other devices, you'll need to contact your ISP.

Desktop i7-5820K @ 4.7GHz | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 64GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Titan X (1st Gen) | 256GB 950 Pro SSD + 8TB WD Red HDD | Corsair AX860i | Lian-Li PC-O8 | macOS Sierra + Win10

Audio HD800 + Magni2/Modi2 | Keyboard WhiteFox/ErgoDox | Mouse G502 | HMD HTC Vive

Things I know about: Computer Building, Software Development, Headphones, Mechanical Keyboards, Cosplay, ?

Agree with above... rule out DNS being the problem first, switch your DNS to either google's or openDNS servers and see how that goes.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Forgot to say as well, flush the DNS cache too... you can do this other ways, but as I use it anyway, I just use ccleaner to do it at the same time I clean cookies etc.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

9 minutes ago, MarieKirya said:

If you've ruled out DNS issues by using a different DNS (try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if you haven't), and tried other devices, you'll need to contact your ISP.

I'm already using those but thanks :)

11 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Forgot to say as well, flush the DNS cache too... you can do this other ways, but as I use it anyway, I just use ccleaner to do it at the same time I clean cookies etc.

It didn't work D: , but thanks for the feedback

1 minute ago, bbpb said:

You have to select the option in ccleaner under windows, system DNS cache, tick the box.

Just in case you thought ccleaner did it by default.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

15 hours ago, bbpb said:

What happens if you traceroute to wikipedia and linustech? 

"tracert wikipedia.org"

"tracert linustechtips.com" 

Both without quotes, can you post the results?

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

15 hours ago, Flobberknock said:

What happens if you traceroute to wikipedia and linustech? 

"tracert wikipedia.org"

"tracert linustechtips.com" 

Both without quotes, can you post the results?

Sure! here it is.

I read a little about the "tracert" command after running it, does this means that this is a problem with my ISP?

lttf.png

8 hours ago, bbpb said:

Sure! here it is.

I read a little about the "tracert" command after running it, does this means that this is a problem with my ISP?

lttf.png

So what that's telling me, is that your computers default gateway is 190.201.64.1, which is surprising to me as that is an external IP and you would usually hit your router first which would be internal. Can you run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) and send the screenshot?

Anyway to carry on what I was saying, what that's telling me is that traffic is hitting your default gateway, which then passes it onto its own gateway which will be at your ISP's end, and you can see these are different as they will route their way around the world using the best path available, but for wikipedia it then gets no further than that. You can sometimes expect a timeout or two along the way as some routers don't respond to ICMP requests (ping/tracert are ICMP). It would certainly be worth picking up with your ISP and providing them the screenshot above, as they can then investigate the IP address in question (172.16.182.33) and find out why it's not routing the traffic onward properly. 

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

38 minutes ago, Flobberknock said:

So what that's telling me, is that your computers default gateway is 190.201.64.1, which is surprising to me as that is an external IP and you would usually hit your router first which would be internal. Can you run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) and send the screenshot?

Anyway to carry on what I was saying, what that's telling me is that traffic is hitting your default gateway, which then passes it onto its own gateway which will be at your ISP's end, and you can see these are different as they will route their way around the world using the best path available, but for wikipedia it then gets no further than that. You can sometimes expect a timeout or two along the way as some routers don't respond to ICMP requests (ping/tracert are ICMP). It would certainly be worth picking up with your ISP and providing them the screenshot above, as they can then investigate the IP address in question (172.16.182.33) and find out why it's not routing the traffic onward properly. 

Here, before taking the screenshots I also saw and unninstalled all these tap adapters (It's not the first time I uninstall them, I'm talking about the ones with the red 'x') and ran it again, from what I have gathered on the internet these were left of of failed attemps creating a VPN a while back... but the problem started months after that so I don't see a direct connection between these two events although I thought it would be worth mentioning.

lttf3.png

lttf2.png

3 minutes ago, bbpb said:

Here, before taking the screenshots I also saw and unninstalled all these tap adapters (It's not the first time I uninstall them, I'm talking about the ones with the red 'x') and ran it again, from what I have gathered on the internet these were left of of failed attemps creating a VPN a while back... but the problem started months after that so I don't see a direct connection between these two events although I thought it would be worth mentioning.

lttf3.png

lttf2.png

I've noticed you're using LMI Hamachi. Any chance you can disable that and check if you still experience the same problem?

3 hours ago, Flobberknock said:

Sadly nothing changed, I'm thinking about closing the topic because it looks like I should contact my ISP and thats not possible since they shut down the costumer support department, I know it sounds crazy but it's true and actually very very sad.