Skyrim VS Skyrim SE

lovingGamer

Okay, Skyrim SE is shit for modding... 

no SKSE... = shit, if no SKSE = no SkyUI and that = No good modding...

What do you guys prefer ? Normal Skyrim or this SE? 

Also for some reason when i try to add ENB to skyrim.. for some reason i break the game..

May i know what ENB do you use if you play Skyrim and please Normal Skyrim xD

Normal, mainly because the only real advantage with SE that you can't get easily with mods is it's 64bit. And I just use RealVision.

Just now, doomsriker said:

Skyrim SE really was not built for modders TBH.

its made for ps4 and xbox one they just ported for the pc so the community will not get outraged. 

1 hour ago, lovingGamer said:

Okay, Skyrim SE is shit for modding... 

no SKSE... = shit, if no SKSE = no SkyUI and that = No good modding...

Bullshit: Sky UI is about the only significant mod that's not already ported to SE.

The mere fact that the game is now a true 64 bit app and can address a lot more memory without hacks and be a CTD prone nightmare makes it better for mods.

Finally SKSE is coming for SE it's just taking longer but devs said they will try and port over. Please go back to the Nexus or Loverslab to spout this nonsense, bye.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If you're not really experienced with modding and you want a click and install modding experience with hardly any fuss, Skyrim SE is the way forward really, you won't be using ENB's or really detailed mods or anything but it's far less complex time consuming and annoying as Skyrim classic, but if you want the true modding experience and crush your PC with some of the mods then classic Skyrim is the best! 

Se won't be 100% of what oldrim is. Probably nothing worthwhile for someone who has a full blown setup.

Though if HDT SMP is the new standard for hdt pe in sse. That's worth a consideration.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I modded Skyrim alot. No need for the other Version atm.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

52 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Se won't be 100% of what oldrim is.

Yeah it's less buggy, more stable and already looks better at it's base state so doesn't needs as many mods (and the ones it DOES needs like texture or mesh ones guess what? Already available)

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah it's less buggy, more stable and already looks better at it's base state so doesn't needs as many mods (and the ones it DOES needs like texture or mesh ones guess what? Already available)

Nah. Enb isn't that developed for sse at its current state. All sse setups pale in comparison to what my oldrim is.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

5 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Nah. Enb isn't that developed for sse at its current state. All sse setups pale in comparison to what my oldrim is.

Your old set up also pales in comparison when it comes to stability: have fun CTD every half hour. Oh and I can't wait for you to deny this is a real problem that plagued modded skyrim for years by saying "works fine for me!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

10 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Edit: lol dat double post

Edited by Pohernori

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Your old set up also pales in comparison when it comes to stability: have fun CTD every half hour. Oh and I can't wait for you to deny this is a real problem that plagued modded skyrim for years by saying "works fine for me!"

Eh eh, this is the part where it gets different. I don't "play" skyrim anymore. I don't have many script mods to cause me instability. 

Quite an exaggeration to be saying it crashes every half an hour. I easily have 3-4 hours per sessions and it rarely crashes. Of course beyond that ctds start coming in. 

Ctd is a big problem defenitly. But sse also suffers from it. It just does better than oldrim unmodded. There's no denying that both versions still ctd. You can't fix poor coding by just giving it a 64bit exe and new compression tech.

Having proper installation and keeping it neat so that you know what cause the crash is pretty much a must for a less problematic oldrim. 

Its not only my opinion that sse will never reach 100%. Its an opinion shared by many modders as well. We already have boris to thank for that. 

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

Eh eh, this is the part where it gets different. I don't "play" skyrim anymore.

I do, so maybe play it again or abstain from commenting then.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

I do, so maybe play it again or abstain from commenting then.

And what's the difference between a normal gameplay and one of my sessions? 

I load new cells, maps and animations just like a normal game would. 

Go fix your save files if ctds are bothering you. Don't be that person that has an entirely fucked up install and whines that the ctds are a pain.

3 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

And what's the difference between a normal gameplay and one of my sessions? 

I load new cells, maps and animations just like a normal game would. 

Go fix your save files if ctds are bothering you. Don't be that person that has an entirely fucked up install and whines that the ctds are a pain.

I've reinstalled the old version like 6 or 7 times, always without reusing old saves. The point is that SE is more stable (you can even admit that) and some people here say it's "bad" for modding when you can already find most of your favorite mods ported over. That was an astonishingly short period of time considering how modding on SE is already better than things like modding for FO4.

About the only argument that you could conceivably make is that this advantages and disadvantages are not needed for what's essentially buying the same game but again, number of people actually buying SE is rather tiny most of us got it for free anyway since it's been years of heavy discounts to own Skyrim and the DLC that was needed to qualify (not to mention the legendary edition).

So if you never tried Skyrim and are willing to use a lot more mods and jump to a lot more hoops you could get the older version but the question for most boils down to "Do you want to navigate CTD, load orders and multiple reinstalls to play or would you rather play this other much stable version that already has most mods available, looks good (not as good as the best ENB but close enough) and was fucking free anyways?"

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I've reinstalled the old version like 6 or 7 times, always without reusing old saves. The point is that SE is more stable (you can even admit that) and some people here say it's "bad" for modding when you can already find most of your favorite mods ported over. That was an astonishingly short period of time considering how modding on SE is already better than things like modding for FO4.

About the only argument that you could conceivably make is that this advantages and disadvantages are not needed for what's essentially buying the same game but again, number of people actually buying SE is rather tiny most of us got it for free anyway since it's been years of heavy discounts to own Skyrim and the DLC that was needed to qualify (not to mention the legendary edition).

So if you never tried Skyrim and are willing to use a lot more mods and jump to a lot more hoops you could get the older version but the question for most boils down to "Do you want to navigate CTD, load orders and multiple reinstalls to play or would you rather play this other much stable version that already has most mods available, looks good (not as good as the best ENB but close enough) and was fucking free anyways?"

And my point being was that you exaggerated how unstable oldrim is. 

Yes many mods are already ported over but not mods that require skse. Where is racemenu? Ece? And we don't have mcm without skyui which so many mods depend on. 

Right now to get your own characther to not look like shit is to port your own face preset from oldrim. 

You don't need multiple reinstalls of skyrim unless of course you like fucking things up. Do the same for sse and you'll need to reinstall the same thing.

You'll only see a handful of people giving up their full blown setups for sse at its current state. 

Current enb presets for sse still look like whack unfortunately.

14 hours ago, doomsriker said:

Skyrim SE really was not built for modders TBH.

funny, when I read reviews of skyrim SE people said that the only thing good about SE is that its easier to make mods for since its 64bit and more mods/better mods can be made now becase its 64 bit and not limited by 32bit.

again thats just what ive read, im not a modder.

Everyone should own a vive.

1 hour ago, Pohernori said:

And my point being was that you exaggerated how unstable oldrim is. 

Not really it depends a lot on hardware and mods. In this case since modding it a lot was the point variable stability is a valid point.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Not really it depends a lot on hardware and mods. In this case since modding it a lot was the point variable stability is a valid point.

Well duh. Even on sse if you have the wrong hardware  you'll crash. Have a problematic mod and you'll crash. SSE doesn't magically make all problems go away. Mods are also still ome of the main reason why your skyrim crashes, that won't change. You won't see ctd warnings disappear on sse mods. 

How often oldrim crashes depends on the player. Many modders over the years have done fixes and made oldrim fairly stable to not crash every half an hour like you claim. Though that may be true for your install. 

What did you even do to your install to make it crash every half an hour?

Please don't tell me you installed fnis XXL for those huge kinky animation packs ;)

52 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

SSE doesn't magically make all problems go away.

It's not magic it is coded on 64 bits and can address more memory henceforth mods are way less likely to crash it provided the specs of the system can back it up.

But while is not magic and can be explained, it does makes many problems go awayYour continued refused to acknowledge that a free update is positive is baffling.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

mods are way less likely to crash it

Your continued refused to acknowledge that a free update is positive is baffling.

Ayyye nice strawman. 

If you'd realized, I have not given my opinions on whether or not SSE is a positive or negative. So please go ahead and feel that anyone who criticizes SSE automatically thinks its a negative. 

You exaggerated on how oldrim crashes. That was the thing. You fucked up your install and thought that was normal. When it comes to the utmost stability, the player is in control. What mods you install on oldrim or SSE affects the stability. SSE doesn't automatically make unstable mods stable. It gives more leeway, yes. But how stable the mod is still depends on the modder.   

SSE isn't an update though, its an entire game. An update wouldn't have broken mod compatibility on this scale. 

You said this:

Se won't be 100% of what oldrim is. Probably nothing worthwhile for someone who has a full blown setup.

We established that someone with a full blown set up probably experiences CTDs (whatever the frequency is, it's greater on old Skyrim) and we also established that there's already a ton of mods (over 3000 of the most popular ones on the nexus alone) already within a few weeks of it's release.

So is it worthwhile? Seeing how it was free (and as I said before the edit I already qualified how) yes it is.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Not a straw man I explained this on a previous post:

Can you stop wasting time disingenuously pretending I did not specifically explained this point thoroughly already and conceded the exception of new comers preemptively?

And what are you on about now? 

My replies have been consistent in being against your statement of how crash prone oldrim is. Yet you continuously changed whatever point it that you've been making. 

- First it was how SSE magically fixes stability issues 

- Then it was how SSE is "basically free" 

- And now its "my ambition of how I think SSE is a negative" by not stating its a positive.

If anyone is wasting time here, its you. So would you just please stick to one point to talk about. If you want to discuss about the stability of SSE vs Oldrim please do. You don't have to add any of those lowly things just to support your rebuttal. 

Edit: We've discussed this. Even though SSE has load of mods, mods that utilize skse are missing. Even only in the mcm menu of SkyUI has so many other mods that is dependent on it. You can't find mods that have the same complexity as oldrim mods on SSE. 

Yes, SSE was free. That alone made the game itself worth it. But is it worth it to leave behind a full build just to mitigate a few ctds here and there to a build with an inferior experience? Not many will be willing. 

I only care about the looks of the game. And to this day there is NO sse build that comes close to mine. 

What's to say about someone else who want's more?