I modded my Logitech G710+ to have Cherry green switches instead of browns. Very happy with the result.

goodtofufriday

So you painted brown to green? 

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

So you painted brown to green? 

No. Had to desolder 110 brown switches and 110 leds and resolder 110 green switches and 110 leds. Every switch color has a different mechanical actuation. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Pretty awesome job, I've never used Browns or greens :D only reds.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

1 minute ago, Trav_X said:

I never used mech rip

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I never used mech rip

RIP :( they're pretty nice, you should try sometime

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I never used mech rip

I highly recommend. Though they do take getting used to especially if you get a cherry red or brown keyboard.

3 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

I make wayy too many typos with reds and browns were still too light for my liking. 

4 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I highly recommend. Though they do take getting used to especially if you get a cherry red or brown keyboard.

I make wayy too many typos with reds and browns were still too light for my liking. 

If you're typing a lot, have you tried Blues? What's the difference between Blues and Greens? I'm not super familiar with all the Cherry switch differences

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

4 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

If you're typing a lot, have you tried Blues? What's the difference between Blues and Greens? I'm not super familiar with all the Cherry switch differences

They are similar but greens need more pressure to fully press they key, which I prefer. 

21 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

They are similar but greens need more pressure to fully press they key, which I prefer. 

Interesting, maybe I'll look into those switches more :) . Sorry if you said it already in this thread, but what exactly do you do mostly on PC? Are you a writer who types a lot, or do you do some gaming here and there? Forum browser? Frequent redditor?

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

9 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

Interesting, maybe I'll look into those switches more :) . Sorry if you said it already in this thread, but what exactly do you do mostly on PC? Are you a writer who types a lot, or do you do some gaming here and there? Forum browser? Frequent redditor?

I'm an IT admin who types a lot. Even at home. Forums crawler, redditor, things of that nature. I do a lot of gaming but nothing that needs quick responses, just RPG or stealthy games. On reds and browns I mis-typed way too often but i really enjoyed the look of the g710+. it was also cheaper to just replace the switches. 

54 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I'm an IT admin who types a lot. Even at home. Forums crawler, redditor, things of that nature. I do a lot of gaming but nothing that needs quick responses, just RPG or stealthy games. On reds and browns I mis-typed way too often but i really enjoyed the look of the g710+. it was also cheaper to just replace the switches. 

nice :) yeah, you don't seem to have a new for anything like Speeds or Reds. I'm unsure if I even want to get a new keyboard, I had a mech a while back but unfortunately it was broken beyond repair so I resorted back to the only membrane Razer keyboard I bought a LONG time ago for really cheap. Maybe this Christmas I'll pick up something new ;) just not sure which one yet

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6