Samsung S8 will NOT have a HeadPhone Jack

goodtofufriday

Source: http://www.sammobile.com/2016/12/06/exclusive-galaxy-s8-is-not-going-to-feature-a-3-5mm-headphone-jack/

montenegro-018.jpg

If you were cross with Samsung for ditching removable batteries with the Galaxy S6 then you might not like what it’s going to do with the Galaxy S8. We can exclusively confirm that Samsung is going to remove the standard 3.5mm headphone jack from the Galaxy S8. This means that all of your existing headphones will not be compatible with the upcoming flagship unless you use a USB Type-C adapter as the Galaxy S8 will feature a USB Type-C port. This also means that you won’t be able to plug in the Galaxy S8 and use wired headphones at the same time.

Removing the 3.5mm headphone jack enables Samsung to make the Galaxy S8 thinner while also freeing up more space inside for a bigger battery. Samsung may also integrate stereo speakers which some believe will be made in collaboration with Harman, a company that Samsung is acquiring for $8 billion. Perhaps the company will try to convince customers that this is a trade worth making.

Good thing I've never liked samsung phones to begin with.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Samsung devotes though good luck with that. I just hope Sony and HTC wont follow suite (i doubt they will).

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

this is stupid. i liked samsung because they stuck with the headphone jack while their biggest competitor apple didn't. now they're going along with the trend. what the fuck samsung.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

"Removing the 3.5mm headphone jack enables Samsung to make the Galaxy S8 thinner while also freeing up more space inside for a bigger battery"

Or keep the 3.5mm jack, make it thicker, while putting a bigger battery?

We don't need extremely thin phones >_<

Shamesung has become the apple of android... 

Also fix the software, even if you add a larger battery there are numerous 3k MaH phones that can't last to 2k MaH phones cause of shitty optimization.

I use Bluetooth headphones, so I'll not be bothered by this.

Edit: For those curious, I'm using a Jabra Move Blue Over-Ear. It's usable wireless via Bluetooth and wired via 3.5mm.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Now, this I am okay with. They're actually moving forward somewhat by using USB type C, unlike Apple who use a proprietary connector, simply forcing users further into their ecosystem. 

What we need now is for them to use 2 USB C ports so we don't need adaptors to charge and listen to music at the same time. 

Im fine with it, I enjoy wireless. And as the person above me said usb type c so yay

Okay, go ahead and make it final from some rumors. And if you look at that phone anyways, it looks more like it would be a new Note Edge..

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

11 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Well, they saw the hate against Apple, I highly doubt that they want the same hate towards them, especially after the Note 7 fiasco. 

however, iphone7 still sold a ton. So hate or no hate? customers buy iphone7 regardless, so where is the hate comes from? I am sure samsung marketing research team wont go in tech forums for market response.

I am against removing the headphone jack and shiit, but damn, majority of the market says different.

5 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

customers buy iphone7 regardless,

Cause they are the blind iSheep that follow the Shepard everywhere.

Average consumers only care about the new "gimmicks and features" and know nothing else.

they don't stop and think "hmm is this phone the BEST bang for the buck phone"

No they think "gotta get the newest apple product cause my contract is going to let me upgrade nether less"

1 minute ago, Devin92 said:

however, iphone7 still sold a ton. So hate or no hate? customers buy iphone7 regardless, so where is the hate comes from? I am sure samsung marketing research team wont go in tech forums for market response.

I am against removing the headphone jack and shiit, but damn, majority of the market says different.

As weird as this may sound, there are many more Apple fan boys than Samsung's, in my opinion. 

Well, I guess I am the only one waiting for 2017 to see what Nokia has to offer... \(._.)/

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

It's not a deal breaker for me, but I don't really like the lack of compatibility. 

One of the reasons I went with Android phones originally was that they were much more compatible with accessories like wireless charging, micro sd cards, non-proprietary cables, batteries, etc.

And now I can't even hook my headphones up directly to a phone without an adapter. I might consider myself a minimalist but losing functionality at the cost of looks/design is a negative for me. 

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Cause they are the blind iSheep that follow the Shepard everywhere.

Same thing with Android.

Average consumers only care about the new "gimmicks and features" and know nothing else.

I've yet to encounter a situation where eMMC memory is fast enough to allow the "octa-core" Androids to do more than their lower-end counterparts.

they don't stop and think "hmm is this phone the BEST bang for the buck phone"

Best bang for buck doesn't mean much when the experience won't be enjoyable. Not everyone buys a Honda Civic or Chevy Cobalt because it's price/performance is high vs a Hummer.

No they think "gotta get the newest apple product cause my contract is going to let me upgrade nether less"

I use prepaid. Buy a burner phone for the minutes and the year of service for $80. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

Flip phone that can Mobile hotspot and tablet it is.  Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Kek Ops said:

It's not a deal breaker for me, but I don't really like the lack of compatibility. 

One of the reasons I went with Android phones originally was that they were much more compatible with accessories like wireless charging, micro sd cards, non-proprietary cables, batteries, etc.

And now I can't even hook my headphones up directly to a phone without an adapter. I might consider myself a minimalist but losing functionality at the cost of looks/design is a negative for me. 

USB Type C is going to become the standard, though. It just needs the big companies like Samsung to take the plunge and fully adopt it. There's going to be a transition period of dongles and adaptors, yes, but eventually most things should use USB Type C. 

I had no issue with Apple removing the headphone jack, but I did have an issue with them using their own proprietary connector. It seriously damages the adoption of universal standards like USB. 

What I am hoping is that companies will start including multiple USB Type C ports on devices so we don't need to use dongles if we want to charge and listen to music. That, or maybe more manufacturers can actually start implementing wireless charging. 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Lightning headphones, USB type C headphones, 3.5mm headphones

how many headphones one should carry around?

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Lightning headphones, USB type C headphones, 3.5mm headphones

how many headphones one should carry around?

One. Bluetooth has come a long way since its inception millenia ago.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Samsung, I will fucking stab you. I bought an s7 recently because I WANTED A HEADPHONE JACK. That was my only reason to buy the s7 instead of the ip7 now I have no reason to buy either.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

One. Bluetooth has come a long way since its inception millenia ago.

Fucking this, times like a million. No one sees this, and it irritates me. Do I personally prefer 3.5mm jacks over Bluetooth? Yeah, Bluetooth has its fair share of issues. But not only is Bluetooth viable, in terms of audio quality, it's close to fucking lossless now. For the average consumer, if Samsung plays their cards right, I don't really see a downside to this.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Fucking this, times like a million. No one sees this, and it irritates me. Do I personally prefer 3.5mm jacks over Bluetooth? Yeah, Bluetooth has its fair share of issues. But not only is Bluetooth viable, in terms of audio quality, it's close to fucking lossless now. For the average consumer, if Samsung plays their cards right, I don't really see a downside to this.

Only problem is that most PC desktops doesn't come with bluetooth for free. Why would I want to buy two different products in order to use it for two different devices?

Also, didn't Samsung's phone explode because they did not give room for the battery? Why would they then try to make it thinner?

Just now, zMeul said:

bluetooth is still a piece of trash for audio quality 

Not really. If you compare similar quality wired and wireless headphones, they come out to be about the same. To adhere to a silly notion of a jack making things better is exactly how tech won't develop.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler