AMD Preparing Crimson ReLive Driver Update - Comes with ShadowPlay Alternative

HKZeroFive

Now if only AMD could match NVidia toe-to-toe on high-end GPU releases. Undoubtedly the 1080 Ti will beat Vega to market. Maybe someday if AMD can ever match the pace of NVidia's cadence to release GPU's, I may consider them. I'm most likely getting a G-Sync monitor for Christmas so it may not matter anyways.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Nvidia set the bar extremely low with Geforce Experience. If this program can be booted without it taking 30 seconds to load it from the tray, and not repeatedly crash (or use obscene amounts of resources) then it has my blessings. I don't even download GFE anymore when downloading drivers due to how awful it is. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

15 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Nvidia set the bar extremely low with Geforce Experience. If this program can be booted without it taking 30 seconds to load it from the tray, and not repeatedly crash (or use obscene amounts of resources) then it has my blessings. I don't even download GFE anymore when downloading drivers due to how awful it is. 

It is still bad yes, but GFE3.0 improved it a lot. Boot time alone is like 10x better than with 2.0. It's quite fast now

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

42 minutes ago, cesrai said:

So what's the performance hit form their shadowplay alternative  ?

We have to wait for independent testing when it releases.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'm liking RTGs software and driver team. They've been really on the ball since crimson. Meanwhile the guy in the shed clearly lied on his CV and is heading up the Nvidia division. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

It is still bad yes, but GFE3.0 improved it a lot. Boot time alone is like 10x better than with 2.0. It's quite fast now

I would give it a shot, but I dislike the fact that a login is required now. Seems unnecessary if one does not intend to use the additional features (twitch uploads, broadcasting, etc). 

24 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I would give it a shot, but I dislike the fact that a login is required now. Seems unnecessary if one does not intend to use the additional features (twitch uploads, broadcasting, etc). 

I still don't understand what the point of that is. Did they ever say why that stuff requires a login now?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

7 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I still don't understand what the point of that is. Did they ever say why that stuff requires a login now?

Well, back when I owned an Nvidia Shield, it required it on one of the beta builds as a means of storing what you paid for on the shield device, and helped make remote gamestream more secure (requiring you to sign in on both the device and computer, and use a passcode when connecting) but in my honest opinion, it should be an opt-in feature. You should be allowed to use GFE for automatic drivers and game optimization WITHOUT signing in. If you want to use the social media/broadcasting features, then have them blocked until they sign in. One would think this would be the obvious solution, but they seem to disagree.

So what does this mean for me with my RX 460? I might get more frames in certain games?

What's this about Linux drivers? I've been putting off trying Linux for a long time, but more and more games have been becoming available on it.

I do use skype occasionally so cool stuff.

I don't use the Plays.TV it downloaded when I got my drivers, then again I don't usually record my gameplay often. I'll make sure to give this ReLive thing a try, oh and that reminds me...

When does this actually go live?

2 hours ago, Okjoek said:

When does this actually go live?

Tomorrow.

Anyway AMD released a teaser video.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

If you read the fine print on the HDR slide, it'll be featured on the 380 and 390 series as well.  How strange, those are HDMI 1.4a and DisplayPort 1.2 cards, neither of which support HDR.  You need HDMI 2.0a or DP 1.4 for that.  In place updates were done to the older PS4's to give them 1080p HDR support.  Even the PS3 had a firmware update that upgraded it's HDMI 1.2 ports to allow stereo/3D support in the PS3.  So is AMD going to be updating the feature set of it's older 380/390 series cards?  I just find this super interesting.

3 hours ago, lightningterror said:

Tomorrow.

Anyway AMD released a teaser video.

Well gosh I feel dumb. I paused everything I had going to in the background to watch an informative video and I get a 6 second banner flash.

16 hours ago, Nup said:

Nice to see all this. The gains for pro's look pretty fantastic too. 

Can anyone here comment on that side of the situation?? 

My understanding is that this release is the first release which publicly includes the Developer SDKs in the Radeon Software.

This will make it super easy for devs to use it straight away.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 12/7/2016 at 5:17 AM, Dackzy said:

Lets hope this is going to work well. Sadly I only have a HD 7950.

High Five me dude. Send me your when you upgrade. I gotta make my wall of 7950's/7970's.

18 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

I'm going to wait for others to beta test it, lol.

Just downloaded the relive drivers. Nothing has crashed so far , that's always a great sign .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

CustomUI.JSON contains this 

[{"id":"Polaris","DID":"67C0,67C1,67C4,67C7,67DF,67E0,67E3,67E8,67EB,67EF,67FF"},
    {"id":"Veg10","DID":"6710,1234,6710"}
]

17 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

CustomUI.JSON contains this 

Success Train - all aboard  the hype train

1 hour ago, Starelementpoke said:

High Five me dude. Send me your when you upgrade. I gotta make my wall of 7950's/7970's.

oh dude I might be getting a saphire 7950 so I can CF that with my XFX 7950 black. When next gen is here I am going to put them on display, because they have both been OCed a lot and pushed to the limet and still lasted longer than the 780ti's I once had, so they deserve to be put on display.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

oh dude I might be getting a saphire 7950 so I can CF that with my XFX 7950 black. When next gen is here I am going to put them on display, because they have both been OCed a lot and pushed to the limet and still lasted longer than the 780ti's I once had, so they deserve to be put on display.

Fair. Was planning to do that with my HIS 7950 and Asus 7970.