HELP, Sleeved Modular Cables ???

killthekarma

Starting to Upgrade my PC into a new case, I want it looking quite clean like any other try hard.

Wishing to invest into some Sleeved Modular Cables or my PC, not really wanting to spend a whole not of money.

QUESTION

What Sleeved Modular Cables do I need to acquire? I see there's a few different cables with different numbers of pins.

Does anyone know of a decent company that sells these products that you would recommend?

thanks!!!

here's a picture of my PC incase you need to see to tell me which cords I need to invest in, theres also a 5.25 drive to the top right that you can't see (don't know if you need to know that) xD

My PC.jpg

Image result for cablemods logo

1 minute ago, killthekarma said:

Starting to Upgrade my PC into a new case, I want it looking quite clean like any other try hard.

Wishing to invest into some Sleeved Modular Cables or my PC, not really wanting to spend a whole not of money.

QUESTION

What Sleeved Modular Cables do I need to acquire? I see there's a few different cables with different numbers of pins.

Does anyone know of a decent company that sells these products that you would recommend?

thanks!!!

here's a picture of my PC incase you need to see to tell me which cords I need to invest in, theres also a 5.25 drive to the top right that you can't see (don't know if you need to know that) xD

As far as what cables you need to get, obviously it is whatever cables you are trying to replace. If you don't even know what cables that you want to replace I would suggest not spending money on custom lengths of sleeved cables until you know exactly what it is you're planning to replace..

Most people use Cablemod, their new configurator is really nice, but custom sleeved cables at custom lengths are going to be expensive because that's just how it is. If you want to get them cheap you would have to sleeve them yourself

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

4 minutes ago, killthekarma said:

QUESTION

thanks!!!

ALSO I just realized that your power supply is completely not modular..which means you are severely limited in the amount of cables you can even replace in the first place

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

5 minutes ago, killthekarma said:

In all honesty while trying not to come off as a dick. I would pause on getting custom cables for now, and take the money you would spend on them and put that money in to your system..getting some nicer looking/better performing parts, spend some time getting the cables you already have managed better...buying sleeved cables will not give you any tangible upgrade, theyre just pretty to look at.

Project Hephaestus

I just ordered a 650 PSU, a new case, and a 1050.

was wanting the cherry on top.

I want to replace all the cables?

Well firstly you can't replace most of the cables because you have a non modular power supply. You are currently limited to...the SATA cable I think. and like i mentioned above, there's really no point in getting sleeved cables until the rest of your system is on point 

Project Hephaestus

Oh well you didn't mention that :P what 650W PSU, what Case and what 1050?

Also when going custom sleeved cables not only is cost a factor but there's also your color scheme you have to keep in mind, like what aesthetic you are going for

Project Hephaestus

8 minutes ago, killthekarma said:

If your new PSU is a modular PSU you can replace all the cables with modular cables. If the PSU is semi-modular, you can replace all the cables EXCEPT the main ATX power cable. If your new PSU is not modular or semi-modular, you won't be able to replace any of the cables.

WIth non-modular PSU's (the cables are soldered into the PSU), your only options are to sleeve the cables yourself (I have done this, NOT fun) or use cable extensions.

Cable extensions do not replace your PSU cables, they are attached to the business end of the cables and basically make the cables longer. You can get sleeved cable extensions to make your cabling pretty but you do wind up with a lot more wire hidden behind the backplate of your case.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

Just now, gcubed said:

If the PSU is semi-modular, you can replace all the cables EXCEPT the main ATX power cable

This is almost true. My last semi modular PSU had the 24pin and 2 6+2's and a 4 piece Molex as mandatory. Pain in the ass PSU..

Project Hephaestus

25 minutes ago, killthekarma said:

Just out of curiosity what is the make and model of your new PSU and case?

I may be wrong but I don't believe any 1050 has a supplemental power requirement so you probably won't need a cable for that.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

36 minutes ago, killthekarma said:

Corsair Certified RMx Series RM650x &&& AZZA Titan (CSAZ-240)

Ok, the RMx series is fully modular, so modular cables would work. I would suggest a full set of cables instead of just getting the ones you need for your case swap. The reason is that the RM650x will last you quite a few years (ten year warranty) and should be going strong when you swap out motherboards, gfx cards and CPU's. When that happens you will probably need some more cables if you only get the ones you need now.

Others have mentioned CableMod. These are the people that I got my cables from. High quality product.

If you go with CableMod, you will want their C-Series (NOT CM-Series) cables FULL SET (made for Corsair PSU's), I would also suggest a couple of sets of Cable Combs (again, C-Series). Keep in mind that if you buy direct from them, they are based in Hong Kong, so it will be a week or two before you see your order (depending on your shipping option). Newegg also sells CableMod cables.

I don't have any experience with the case so can't tell you what it is like to build in.