South Korea makes game modding illegal

zMeul

This. Is. A. Drastic. Overreach.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 hour ago, cesrai said:

Definitions again :? really ? And by "rules" which get made or changed on the fly ? can we get some examples please. And which sport governing bodies do you mean ?

we are governed by definitions, if "something" is not defined it does not exist

examples? there are numerous examples in ESL ran competitions - and these are only the ones I know of

google it

9 minutes ago, zMeul said:

examples? there are numerous examples in ESL ran competitions - and these are only the ones I know of

google it

I mean you didn't forget our conversation right ? where by definition "e-sports" are sports.

I did google it and came with nothing. I've not seen an ESL tournament having it's rules changed on the fly.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

25 minutes ago, zMeul said:

google it

How does an organization that changes it rules matter at all in this discussion? Most major sports organizations haven't changed their rules much because they've already been well established for years or decades or even centuries.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

How does an organization that changes it rules matter at all in this discussion? Most major sports organizations haven't changed their rules much because they've already been well established for years or decades or even centuries.

that's exactly the point of a governing body

there are examples in ESL ran competitions where rules that would've instantly disqualify a team were changed on the sport to allow them to continue in the competition

11 minutes ago, zMeul said:

that's exactly the point of a governing body

there are examples in ESL ran competitions where rules that would've instantly disqualify a team were changed on the sport to allow them to continue in the competition

If I'm not misunderstanding I think you mean when ESL let VP get into the pro league after their terrible performance and lose to penta ?

Please give me an example of ESL doings instead of saying they did this and this.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Better ban the Elder Scrolls, Fallout, heck, all of Bethesda Games!

They always were focused primarly on allowing modding of the games, to create the ultimate experience afterwards!

Groomlake Authority

5 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Better ban the Elder Scrolls, Fallout, heck, all of Bethesda Games!

They always were focused primarly on allowing modding of the games, to create the ultimate experience afterwards!

You only can't make mod which companies forbit. So they're targetting more towards hacks.

Beth supports the modifications of certain games.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Oh South Korea! Why man, why? -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

2 hours ago, Pohernori said:

You only can't make mod which companies forbit. So they're targetting more towards hacks.

Beth supports the modifications of certain games.

I can see this law banning not just hax in games like StarCraft/2 (DevCodes like "poweroverwhelming" do NOT work in MP games in SC/BW or SC2, and using DevCodes in SC2's campaign locks you out of achievements) or OverWatch, but also banning UI and gameplay mods/tweaks like M.E.U.I.T.M for Mass Effect or MEHEM for Mass Effect 3.

~~~~

Diablo & Diablo II/Lord of Destruction had a clear split between Offline/LAN characters (ones affected by Trainers/Character editors) & Online/BattleNet characters (stored on Blizzard's servers), where even if you could exploit glitches in the game's code online (Stone of Jordan dupes anybody? ;P) you couldn't bring characters (clean OR hacked) from LAN games online to BNet.

Diablo 3/Reaper of Souls on the otherhand? You're stuck in perma-BNet as part of their methods to minimize out-and-out cheating (though you can still Min-Max, Twink and Power Level) which also let them experiment with things such as the Real Money Auction House (that was eventually removed).