ips gaming

Rodriguez198

i have a inquiry about monitors , i wanted to know which IPS monitor would be optimal for gaming???

any ips with a 5ms response will do more than enough. maybe even some 8.6ms one i saw (not sure if its actually a thing)
you want to maybe send some specific links and im sure we can tell u specifically

i just thought there was a IPS monitor that was well known for good gaming performance 

Any IPS monitor that handles 60 fps and a 1080 resolution does it for me.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Unless you are a hardcore gamer which plays fast paced FPS games and/or on a tight budget then IPS is for you~ IPS monitors realistically do about 20ms(maybe more?) of response time and 60Hz refresh rate. Note that IPS will tipically be much more expensive than TN

If you have the money to spend then buy the largest screen size that will fit your need~2560X1440p and 4K res are usually 27+ inch monitors

Pretty much any IPS monitor is fine.  People get excited about response times and start talking about what's enough and not enough without even having any experience to see how different response times affect gameplay.  In my experience response time is not really something to worry about.  Any half decent IPS panel will do fine.

Yep, I love my Dell U2412m's. No idea about their response time. I certainly don't notice anything lacking in them. 

Besides, my shitty gaming skills are MUCH more likely to be my undoing rather than any tech based Response time bottleneck ;)

Yep, I love my Dell U2412m's. No idea about their response time. I certainly don't notice anything lacking in them. 

Besides, my shitty gaming skills are MUCH more likely to be my undoing rather than any tech based Response time bottleneck ;)

I totally agree, unless you are participating in a REAL competition where you want a best possible result then IPS is WAY better. a 20ms lag in response time is usually lower than average human reaction times~250ms so yeah..