ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ram slots crapped out?

So....

My girlfriend's computer has one of the aforementioned motherboards, an i5 3570k, and xfx 850w gold power supply.  I bought it off of ebay a year ago, had no issues at all with it until recently.  I even showed it lots of love, put it in a phantom full tower kitted out with noctua fans, recently delidded the CPU (a couple weeks before this incident), and I keep her computer super clean thanks to this "compu-clean" device I have that's like canned air on all sorts of steroids.

I come home from work a few days ago and she says "I have really bad news, my computer crashed today and keeps restarting when I try to turn on".  By the way, it crashed while she was browsing the internet.... not gaming or anything like its used for almost 24/7. 

It was getting error code 55, which points to ram, so I tested every possible configuration, even with different brands of ram I had lying around, and no matter what I did, slots a1 and a2 will not work, so no more dual channel mode :(

My question is basically, how the hell can this happen?  I mean I get pretty much anything is possible when it comes to electronics breaking, but I've built at least 20 different pcs for friends/family and a few strangers, and I have only seen 1 part fail, POWER SUPPLY, and that was ONE time. (While I'm thinking about it I even tried putting an 850w EVGA platinum power supply and it still had the same RAM problem)  I'm a big believer in low temps and airflow for longevity, and this particular CPU never got above 55c after delid under load (and that was the hottest core, really never went above 50c).  And its also the same ram that's been in the PC since day 1 (g.skill).

Forgive my fragmented thoughts, and I get that this is more of me venting then a question, but if anyone could share any knowledge related to ram slots crapping out I would appreciate it, and if anyone has any suggestions to try and fix that would be really awesome, although I've tried everything from removing cmos battery, updating bios, booting with/without sata drives, with/wo vga card, etc. 

This will definitely be my first and last time with ASROCK, I already didn't like the bios, HATED the fan control (was like something from 2000....), and now this....

Link to mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295

Update: I'm sure at least someone will ask for this:

Voltage (under load) 1.35v

clock speed (under load) 4.6ghz

Bus speed: 100mhz (stock)

Yes, I tried with nothing plugged into USB.

Sole Proprietor of Pinnacle Gaming, forging record breaking PCs at an unbeatable (literally) value feat: M2 drives, "delidded" cpus & gpus, record breaking speeds (hwbot), platinum PSU (always tier one),  premium motherboards, now with RGB LIGHTING, and all at a budget price, dare to compare even vs building yourself 

This is a long shot, but have you tried cleaning the contacts on the RAM slots and the RAM Modules themselves with Deoxit?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

This is a long shot, but have you tried cleaning the contacts on the RAM slots and the RAM Modules themselves with Deoxit?

No, the contacts still look super clean though, and I blasted air through channels.  Luckily single channel is actually better for gaming (fractionally), but its just so weird how it happened...  If her PC was running hot or had a crappy power supply or was full of dust, I at least would have something to blame lol.  Well I guess I still kind of do (ASROCK)

Sole Proprietor of Pinnacle Gaming, forging record breaking PCs at an unbeatable (literally) value feat: M2 drives, "delidded" cpus & gpus, record breaking speeds (hwbot), platinum PSU (always tier one),  premium motherboards, now with RGB LIGHTING, and all at a budget price, dare to compare even vs building yourself