Help selling my graphics card

ivan134

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this, but I want to sell my r9 390 on eBay or Craigslist. For people who have done this before, what are important things I should know/do?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

-The condition 

If the condition is not good, nobody will buy it.

-Choose the right price

Don't make it too big or too small or else you can lose a big advantage. Rank it by the quality and type.

-The Right Choice

There can be a lot of people who want the card, so it's important to find the greatest price a person offers.

Don't just sell it to the first person who offers first. There can be another person that wants it, who can potentially offer more money than that person. Therefore, patience is also required.

-Scams

Make sure no one is scamming you. Don't take I O U's or anything because it's kind of obvious they won't pay you back.

Be careful

During meetup with the buyer, go to public place like a food court or even a Police Station to do the transaction.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

15 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this, but I want to sell my r9 390 on eBay or Craigslist. For people who have done this before, what are important things I should know/do?

Definitely clean the card first, and some people may want to see the card working at load, take a video of the card working while running a benchmark or something.

Also advertise it as VR Ready, let people know they have that option if they get a headset in the future, or have a headset and are looking for a card.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

6 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

During meetup with the buying, go to public place like a food court or even a Police Station to do the transaction.

I don't know what canadian culture is like in the second hand market. In NZ it is not uncommon to do a transaction in the sellers garage. We go into the transaction with the assumption no one is there to rip anyone off and the price and product is as advertised. The garage is good because they dont see inside your house or get involved with your family. Your state might be different and have gun toting rednecks everywhere i dont know?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I don't know what canadian culture is like in the second hand market. In NZ it is not uncommon to do a transaction in the sellers garage. We go into the transaction with the assumption no one is there to rip anyone off and the price and product is as advertised. The garage is good because they dont see inside your house or get involved with your family. Your state might be different and have gun toting rednecks everywhere i dont know?

I'm American, not Canadian. Every Tom, dick and Harry owns a gun here so we have to take extra precaution here.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I'm American, not Canadian. Every Tom, dick and Harry owns a gun here so we have to take extra precaution here.

that sounds like london. if you bring a gun to a business transaction are'nt you just robbing the guy?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

that sounds like london. if you bring a gun to a business transaction are'nt you just robbing the guy?

I don't own one, but you never know if the person buying from you owns one. So it's better to set up meetings in public spaces.

14 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I don't own one, but you never know if the person buying from you owns one. So it's better to set up meetings in public spaces.

no wonder so many of youse are moving down under

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

usually i do trades at train station where there is a lot of ppl and also the security camera helps to record the transaction in the case you need video evidence to press police charges.

always always put a disclaimer stating the condition of the product in a honest manner.

a formal letter which both parties sign as an agreement with a copy for both you and the buyer will solve any disputes if the buyer changes his mind and want the money back

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

almost forget

Always do trades in cash only.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yeah, like several people here have mentioned, do the meet up at some public place with cameras. I don't like dealing with craigslist so I'll usually resort to ebay / amazon's used section or even here on LTT's classified section. Oh, make sure you leave after the buyer leaves. Just make sure the buyer isn't like following you out to your car...that's never a good sign.

LOL, not eveeryone who owns a gun is a criminal. I would bring a gun to a craigslist deal on the assumption that I was being baited into a robbery, of either my money or property. It's interesting the ignorance of non gun owners and teenaged children on internet forums.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

5 hours ago, ivan134 said:

I sold a 960 on ebay. I took pictures of the front, back, all the connectors, how I was packing it (I put it in the box I got my 390 in) and posted a bid price of 50, and a buy it now price for 100. 

Generally when selling stuff on ebay provide as many pictures you can of what seems important (ie for GPU the connections, plugs, ports, and a picture of the entire item)
Then see what the other GPUs are priced at, and if you want to be sure to sell it, put it lower than the other 390s. 

Make sure you get the money before you ship it, and write a payment deadline in the description. ie "User must pay within 3 days of winning the bid, or buying it now, or they forfeit the purchase." 

1 hour ago, asand1 said:

LOL, not eveeryone who owns a gun is a criminal. I would bring a gun to a craigslist deal on the assumption that I was being baited into a robbery, of either my money or property. It's interesting the ignorance of non gun owners and teenaged children on internet forums.

Judging by what you just said, you are the child. You want me to meet someone in a non public area who might be a gun owner and take the chance that they are not a criminal? Hilarious that you are calling someone else ignorant.

1 hour ago, asand1 said:

And why are you taking your gun if not all gun owners are criminals? Good job contradicting yourself.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Judging by what you just said, you are the child. You want me to meet someone in a non public area who might be a gun owner and take the chance that they are not a criminal? Hilarious that you are calling someone else ignorant.

I don't own a gun currently, but I have owned at least four different ones in my lifetime. I am no criminal, and would never use a gun for evil purposes, but thank you for judging me.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

And why are you taking your gun if not all gun owners are criminals? Good job contradicting yourself.

Because I would be more worried about a tweaker with a knife than a legal gun owner.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

2 minutes ago, asand1 said:

I don't own a gun currently, but I have owned at least four different ones in my lifetime. I am no criminal, and would never use a gun for evil purposes, but thank you for judging me.

Lol judging you? I did no such thing. You are actually the one who assumed I'm an ignorant teenage child despite the fact that you contradicted yourself. Don't pick fights you can't finish.

2 minutes ago, asand1 said:

Because I would be more worried about a tweaker with a knife than a legal gun owner.

ROFL. Nice mental gymnastics.

Just now, ivan134 said:

Lol judging you? I did no such thing. You are actually the one who assumed I'm an ignorant teenage child despite the fact that you contradicted yourself. Don't pick fights you can't finish.

Just now, asand1 said:

No contradiction. Think before you speak.

You assume because I have a gun, I am a criminal. That is judging. Dont bother replying again because you are blocked. I cannot argue with ignorance.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

3 minutes ago, asand1 said:

No contradiction. Think before you speak.

You assume because I have a gun, I am a criminal. That is judging. Dont bother replying again because you are blocked. I cannot argue with ignorance.

Please point to where I assumed anyone with a gun is a criminal you cretin. I said that is a risk I'm not going to take. Stop reading meaning into where it doesn't exist kid. Good job living up the stereotype of paranoid gun owner. Moron comes to my thread to talk shit then tells me he blocked me. Funny shit.

Sorry the topic was derailed there.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

- Meet in a public place

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

make sure the person have the right skin color, that he practices the good religion and also is of the good sex. you really dont want to be meeting up with a stranger not meeting those requirements, it is very dangerous.