Can I have two routers + modem on a switch?

Munich

Hey guys, need a little help here. I have two wifi routers in my house. A Verizon FiOS G-1100, and a Netgear R6300. I've installed OpenWRT on the R6300, and setup a wireless bridge between the two routers, but their signals are too far apart and it didn't work well. So I ran an 100ft cat5e cable from the R6300 through my basement.

ca881441e849d2508b284ae44add5aec.jpg

The white/amber cat5e goes from my Verizon ONT/modem to the Verizon wifi router upstairs. The blue cat5e is the cable coming from the R6300. Ideally I would connect the blue cable to a LAN port on the Verizon router, but I don't want to make more holes in my wall and floor. 

Instead, if I get a switch and connect the ONT, and both routers to it, would I be able to have them in the same network with internet access?

Thanks

Pretty sure he means something like this. 

0qseQYG.png

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

50 minutes ago, Steven9595 said:

Pretty sure he means something like this. 

0qseQYG.png

this would not work unless you had a business plan with multiple static IPs. The ONT will only give out one IP address at a time (technically it's not the ONT giving out the IP, there is a DHCP server somewhere else, that only gives out one IP per ONT).

Since you can only get one IP from verizon, everything has to be connected behind a router. What you could do is instead of getting a switch, you could get a router to install in the basement, and then both of your other devices would be APs. You would be looking to get something like a Mikrotik hEX or a Ubiquiti ER:L (EdgeRouter Lite). That being said, I'm not sure if the Verizon G1100 can be put into AP mode, and this would cause you problems if you have FIOS TV (because the set top boxs actually get their guide data via the router and some other functions as well - it's a little bit complicated)

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: