c# coding for someone who know's nothing

GeorgeKellow

I have a college assignment due in for Thursday 15th to build a website in c#    

If someone can take time out their day to help me through this, I love you forever, and I'd legit pay you xD 

25 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

If someone can take time out their day to help me through this, I love you forever, and I'd legit pay you xD 

Look at https://www.codecademy.com/ I'm sure there are other sites. 

Look at books and online material. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Why were you given the assignment to make website using a language you don't know?

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

1 minute ago, OLS said:

Why were you given the assignment to make website using a language you don't know?

Yep 

10 minutes ago, OLS said:

why is this so shocking? I'm sure most people don't know a language when they go in to education hence the reason for being there.

44 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

What needs to be on the website?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

why is this so shocking? I'm sure most people don't know a language when they go in to education hence the reason for being there.

Need to make a website for a 'sandwich company' I have 8 slides on what its going to look like but I have no idea how to code and our teacher doesn't teach us lol 

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

Not shocking, of course he would have to start somewhere. But asking on a forum and saying no experience also means he hasn't been taught anything at school. Normally you would go through a process of learning at school then making something out of what you've learnt.

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

2 minutes ago, OLS said:

Not shocking, of course he would have to start somewhere. But asking on a forum and saying no experience also means he hasn't been taught anything at school. Normally you would go through a process of learning at school then making something out of what you've learnt.

Our college is shit 

1 hour ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Need to make a website for a 'sandwich company' I have 8 slides on what its going to look like but I have no idea how to code and our teacher doesn't teach us lol 

Then maybe you should have posted the slides?

1 hour ago, OLS said:

That is true, however, @GeorgeKellow knew that an assessment was forthcoming should have taken steps to self-learn. While I was in uni I was taught very little in terms of coding and was a lot of theory. I had to take my own time to  learn.

By any account, you should start https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k4cbh4dh.aspx there. Most of the website will be in HTML and CSS for styling and c# will be used for the "functionality" of your given spec. You have a little over a week so I would get going :P post back here if you need help with parts. I wouldn't worry about the looks and just get a functional wireframe working you can style it later.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

3 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

I'd legit pay you xD 

How much?

3 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

I'm seriously sick of people using this as a defacto suggestion... Even when it does not currently cover the language being discussed. Did you not read this thread properly or was it perhaps that you didn't research the list of topics covered by that resource. Which one was it?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

Then maybe you should have posted the slides?

That is true, however, @GeorgeKellow knew that an assessment was forthcoming should have taken steps to self-learn. While I was in uni I was taught very little in terms of coding and was a lot of theory. I had to take my own time to  learn.

By any account, you should start https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k4cbh4dh.aspx there. Most of the website will be in HTML and CSS for styling and c# will be used for the "functionality" of your given spec. You have a little over a week so I would get going :P post back here if you need help with parts. I wouldn't worry about the looks and just get a functional wireframe working you can style it later.

I'm not at college atm so don't have the slide but I could PM you. I have tried to learn but I am not good at coding, it doesn't make sense to me, I have had individual tutoring and still don't get it, maybe a thing I will never get? 

1 hour ago, Nuluvius said:

How much?

I'm seriously sick of people using this as a defacto suggestion... Even when it does not currently cover the language being discussed. Did you not read this thread properly or was it perhaps that you didn't research the list of topics covered by that resource. Which one was it?

How much would you want xD If you could guide me through it (Not necessarily do it for me) 

4 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

How much would you want xD If you could guide me through it (Not necessarily do it for me) 

Well the statement:

8 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

build a website in c# 

Is pretty clear. Perhaps have a look at ASP.NET MVC. There'll be some Pluralsight courses to quickly get you started. An example of a nice modern and industry relevant course could be: Building a Web App with ASP.NET Core, MVC 6, EF Core, and Angular (April 2016). One can often build up the examples/demos as they go with those kind of courses. I'd bet that if you spent a few hours going through something like that then you'd likely have something up and running by the end of a day!

Also have a look at Bootstrap and maybe also Introduction to Bootstrap to give it a killer style.

Unfortunately I probably wont have the time to hand hold you though it as I'm having a few teeth out in the morning and I'll likely be out of commission for the rest of the day.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Looks like the assignment wants an asp.net website. C# is used for the backend of that thing. Using asp label lets you do styling from the code behind as well. Its pretty neat.

But you can do much more in the code behind.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case