Apple touchbar, keyboard and temperature problems

Dackzy
58 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Maybe not, but those are the peak temperatures and is only achievable by pushing it to absolute limits. And besides no else seems to complain about this issue, so it's nonsense as of now

People never talk about temps in a laptop. Every single macbook has had hig temps when you push it. If people and youtube "reviewers" talked about temps, then they would all see how shitty a Razer Blade is. You can blaim youtube "reviewers" that don't know how to review a laptop and yes I also just called out Linus.

Even if it is just peak, then it is still SUPER BAD, a intel skylake CPU starts to thermal throttle at 85c, basically everyone that knows anything about laptops will tell you that you should aim to have max temps around the 80-82c mark, because anything above that, WILL shorten the life time of the laptop.

This happens all the time. Whenever something new and different comes up it will have bugs. Apple is not perfect and so is no company. It's ridiculous if you expect them to be. You can expect products to be mostly bug free after 2-3 iterations but this is first gen and they're probably still learning their mistakes. And again, this is an issue that can easily be solved by a software update

No they are not perfect, BUT you expect a company that sells a 1700$-5k laptop, to not have any huge problems. This is not first gen, not in any way. It is having first gen problems, but it isn't first gen.

Apple adapters? Wtf, you can use any adaptors. And FYI, Type C is a universal standard and I completely favor this movement. Sure it's annoying at first, but it's only a matter of investing on a temporary hub that has everything like the recent Kickstarter. If you can't deal with it don't buy but because of solely Apple, we can have our future in like 2-3 years instead of decades. But nope, people are too short sighted to see that

Yes you need Apple adaptors, because they use a texas 2. gen TB3 controller, which does not work properly with the first gen controller products. Guess what most adaptors are... FIRST GEN

There is basically no need for this push. A mouse and keyboard is not going to benefit, a big business will not go out and buy new projectors, screens and what ever they need for this "upgrade". FFS many still use VGA. The only things that will benefit from this is external storage and eGPU (which is a huge fail). Have you even seen how expensive some of those usb SSDs are? They cost a lot more than a normal SSD, which you then can just buy a external cover for. USB 3.0 can handle the speeds of a normal SSD, which means that only M.2 NVMe SSDs are going to really benifit from this.

Yes we would get a port that could basically do everything, but the business world would not get into this for a long time, which means that it comes down to the every day user, a lot still use a SD card, a lot of people own normal USB 3.0 sticks, so that means that they have to go out and buy adaptors that cost a lot, that will slow down the spread of this.

They should have given you the basic adaptors, like USB A to USB C, SD card reader, Displayport to USB C, HDMI to USB C and maybe even VGA to USB C, instead if you want their adaptors that has the texas 2. gen controller in it, then you can easily spend 200$, just to get a 1700$-5k laptop to do the same things as a 500$ laptop would do...

Another bullshit issue that no one has. Can you seriously come up with something widespread rather this some random idiot on the internet saying so. Where are the sensible people

So you are calling a man that lives of fixing MacBooks and just generally Apple products a idiot? You see how idiotic that is? He knows far more than you do, he knows far more than Linus does.

If you knew what you were even talking about, then you would see that it makes a lot of sense, because their laptops use the 2. gen controller, while basically every single 3rd party adaptor uses 1. gen. Also if you even cared a bit and just didn't defend Apple no matter what, then you would also have seen that the USB C/TB3 drivers got updated while he had a live stream about it. This means that Apple KNOWS that there are problems with the ports.

Yeah, like all the products in the world are perfect. Maybe you might actually think so if you're only source is LTT, but if you do indeed open your eyes, pretty much every product has these weird bugs especially in the start. Dell XPS, razer blade, Surface Pro and book (it took like 4 generations to fix it up though and still they have issues)

LOL

Hah the Blade is one huge problem. No QC, shitty thermals, shitty build quality, useless support, bad keyboard for the price.

If you also have heard what Apple have said about their laptops. "We build working prototypes of ideas way before it becomes a product" They have said that they had a working macbook with a touch screen. This means that they should have seen all of these problems.

The things Apple were known for when steve jobs were here was that they had no big flaws at launch. So comsumers expect the same attention to detail as they had when Steve Job was still here.

There is no way around this, they cut corners, to earn more money. He also beleived that a proprietary connector only made sense, when it was usefull, like magsafe.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

23 hours ago, Dackzy said:

So, it is well known that this new gen of MacBook "Pros" are getting of to a rough start.

While I commend you for posting this useful news - you're bias is coming through a bit thick. Don't know what you're on about with "rough start" literally the top selling laptop...

11 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

While I commend you for posting this useful news - you're bias is coming through a bit thick. Don't know what you're on about with "rough start" literally the top selling laptop...

Probably rough start as in it's "another day, another problem". This is what, 7th-8th such topic on here?

28 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Even if it is just peak, then it is still SUPER BAD, a intel skylake CPU starts to thermal throttle at 85c, basically everyone that knows anything about laptops will tell you that you should aim to have max temps around the 80-82c mark, because anything above that, WILL shorten the life time of the laptop.

*looks suspiciously at his N550 with 4700HQ which doesn't throttle at 95C if we're to believe Real Temp and others".

1 hour ago, RedRound2 said:

This happens all the time. Whenever something new and different comes up it will have bugs. Apple is not perfect and so is no company. It's ridiculous if you expect them to be. You can expect products to be mostly bug free after 2-3 iterations but this is first gen and they're probably still learning their mistakes. And again, this is an issue that can easily be solved by a software update

Well to be fair, I for one can't remember a device that at launch had this many issues. Or anywhere close. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

19 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

While I know that this generation is kinda of a let down, do we need to post literally every issue for that line? It's getting boring already...

I disagree

634.MoviePopcornBox.mh.112812.jpg

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Not for their selling. The rough start is about all the problems that have showed up. A rough start doesn't automaticly equal few units sold, a hyped product can still sell well, even if it has a lot of problems. In this context a rough start is about all the problems that showed up.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Well to be fair, I for one can't remember a device that at launch had this many issues. Or anywhere close. 

Surface Pro. 1 & 2 were a flop, 3 was good but had problems, 4 still have some bugs here and there

Surface Book, so many problems from the very start

XPS 13/15. Do you know how many BIOS updates they had to roll out to fix it's issues?

Razer Blade. It also has a lot of thermal issues, etc like someone above said

And these issues are the case when the latter two doesn't even have anything new about them unlike Apple who does have four TB3 and Touch bar as new things to play with

People ignore these issues and there will mostly be 1-2 threads about it, but for Apple oh man, shit goes crazy. It's as if some haters get orgasm when they read about Apple faltering like @Sauron who finds this amusing (popcorn pic is a direct reply that he loves this)

12 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Surface Pro. 1 & 2 were a flop, 3 was good but had problems, 4 still have some bugs here and there

Surface Book, so many problems from the very start

XPS 13/15. Do you know how many BIOS updates they had to roll out to fix it's issues?

Razer Blade. It also has a lot of thermal issues, etc like someone above said

And these issues are the case when the latter two doesn't even have anything new about them unlike Apple who does have four TB3 and Touch bar as new things to play with

People ignore these issues and there will mostly be 1-2 threads about it, but for Apple oh man, shit goes crazy. It's as if some haters get orgasm when they read about Apple faltering like @Sauron who finds this amusing (popcorn pic is a direct reply that he loves this)

You clearly haven't seen my comments on the Surface Book, Surface Studio and others - or maybe you only care when I have Apple in my crosshairs, which would be ironic given the nature of your post.

The MBP 2016 is a product I wouldn't recommend to anyone, it's flawed in multiple ways that I consider essential to a good experience and the price point does nothing to redeem it, to the point where I'd rather have the older model if I had to use one. You may subjectively disagree, but frankly I'm tired of your campaign to dismiss any harsh criticism of Apple specifically as mindless hating.

The popcorn was a joke, one that you might have appreciated if this was about some other company like Samsung or nVidia. I don't specifically enjoy seeing Apple fail (not that they have anything to worry about financially), I just find things like these tragically funny.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

40 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

People never talk about temps in a laptop. Every single macbook has had hig temps when you push it. If people and youtube "reviewers" talked about temps, then they would all see how shitty a Razer Blade is. You can blaim youtube "reviewers" that don't know how to review a laptop and yes I also just called out Linus.

So you are just basically agreeing with me here. Even you know that Apple issues always get blown out of proportion

Then we should blame Intel for this. It's sad to see x86 progressing on snail's pace compared to ARM

No they are not perfect, BUT you expect a company that sells a 1700$-5k laptop, to not have any huge problems. This is not first gen, not in any way. It is having first gen problems, but it isn't first gen.

All first gen products are expensive if you haven't noticed. Same goes for Apple especially with Macs where there will be a huge price cut in subsequent generations. They have done this before with MBA, rMBP, 5K iMac and analysts have confirmed they're indeed going to do this with the new MBPs

Yes you need Apple adaptors, because they use a texas 2. gen TB3 controller, which does not work properly with the first gen controller products. Guess what most adaptors are... FIRST GEN

And again, it's Intel that you should be blaming for rolling out an incomplete standard. And if you reread what you wrote you are actually blaming Apple for adopting a newer standard over the one which had problems

There is basically no need for this push. A mouse and keyboard is not going to benefit, a big business will not go out and buy new projectors, screens and what ever they need for this "upgrade".

Actually, the adoption rate will skyrocket. Because of the infamous Apple ripple effect, every major Windows notebook will at least have two TB3 ports with some only having TB ports. This will force accessory market to adopt the new standard and there will be an exponential growth then onwards

FFS many still use VGA.

And hence why VGA still exist. Even some 2016 laptops offer VGA which is just pathetic

The only things that will benefit from this is external storage and eGPU (which is a huge fail).

It's an untapped potential which for some reason everyone is scared of doing. I wish Apple would do something and I know they would have but unfortunately, GPU isn't their game

Have you even seen how expensive some of those usb SSDs are? They cost a lot more than a normal SSD, which you then can just buy a external cover for. USB 3.0 can handle the speeds of a normal SSD, which means that only M.2 NVMe SSDs are going to really benifit from this.

I know they're expensive, but the value it brings to the professionals usually outweighs its one-time cost. Why do you think Linus invested thousands of dollars on 10Gb/s network and Thunderbolt 2? The cost benefits clearly outweigh the costs.

Also, you're forgetting that the new MB is a perfect laptop with a docking setup. With TB3 external SSDs it is definitely possible to video edit directly from the drive instead of transferring it to the laptop which can be a huge inconvenience. This wouldn't be possible with USB 3.0, heck even 3.1

Yes we would get a port that could basically do everything, but the business world would not get into this for a long time, which means that it comes down to the every day user, a lot still use a SD card, a lot of people own normal USB 3.0 sticks, so that means that they have to go out and buy adaptors that cost a lot, that will slow down the spread of this.

They should have given you the basic adaptors, like USB A to USB C, SD card reader, Displayport to USB C, HDMI to USB C and maybe even VGA to USB C, instead if you want their adaptors that has the texas 2. gen controller in it, then you can easily spend 200$, just to get a 1700$-5k laptop to do the same things as a 500$ laptop would do...

So you are calling a man that lives of fixing MacBooks and just generally Apple products a idiot? You see how idiotic that is? He knows far more than you do, he knows far more than Linus does.

If you knew what you were even talking about, then you would see that it makes a lot of sense, because their laptops use the 2. gen controller, while basically every single 3rd party adaptor uses 1. gen. Also if you even cared a bit and just didn't defend Apple no matter what, then you would also have seen that the USB C/TB3 drivers got updated while he had a live stream about it. This means that Apple KNOWS that there are problems with the ports.

LOL

Hah the Blade is one huge problem. No QC, shitty thermals, shitty build quality, useless support, bad keyboard for the price.

If you also have heard what Apple have said about their laptops. "We build working prototypes of ideas way before it becomes a product" They have said that they had a working macbook with a touch screen. This means that they should have seen all of these problems.

The things Apple were known for when steve jobs were here was that they had no big flaws at launch. So comsumers expect the same attention to detail as they had when Steve Job was still here.

There is no way around this, they cut corners, to earn more money. He also beleived that a proprietary connector only made sense, when it was usefull, like magsafe.

It won't slow down anything and will do exactly the opposite. Giving consumers options between new tech that doesn't affect them much vs an established tech is never a good idea. Why do you think VGA, DVI-D, PS/2, USB 2.0 still exist? Giving options is never a good thing and it's much better to rip out the band aid in one go than doing it slowly

LOL

Or you could just pay $99 ($79 right now) and get the hyperdock which pretty much covers everything. My point being adaptors are only going to get cheaper from this point onwards and you're completely blowing up the costs and inconvenience without measuring out the direct implications of this move in the future.  Except the $500 wouldn't have TB3 and be much inferior and things MBs excel at

Using a gen 2 isn't even Apple's problem and it's a good thing they went with it. Again it's like you're complaining about them adopting the new USB 3.0 instead of 2.0 (+ issues minus speed). You should blame intel for not making it backward compatible

He is a hater. How do I know this? Because of the recent LTT video about MBP RAM (which itself was the stupidest LTT video) where they had called out Louis. I for one expected him to correct the about the fact that Apple uses LPDDR modules but he completely chose to ignore that fact (which btw invalidated the entire video) and just went on bitching about Apple

Again refer above about your gen1 and gen 2 issues. What's wrong in updating firmware drivers. Do you know how many times Dell got their firmware updated to fix half of it's problems? He probably forced installed it or something as I've never encountered my MB updating while in usage unless you force it to

You're actually delusional if you actually think every issue will crop when they test 100 machines vs millions

Lol, who said Jobs was perfect. Remeber antennagate? That was a significant misstep Apple took under jobs. And again you're delusional if you think any product is perfect at launch when clearly all windows manufacturers have some or the other problem despite having years of expertise of the same damn shit

Where did they cut corners exactly? Putting 4 direct TB3 lanes is not a cheap task. Equipping the laptop with huge glass trackpad with force touch, beautiful DCI-P3 display and light years ahead in industrial design is no small feat. And since when is Type- C a proprietary connector? You need to get your facts straight before coming here for an argument

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You clearly haven't seen my comments on the Surface Book, Surface Studio and others - or maybe you only care when I have Apple in my crosshairs, which would be ironic given the nature of your post.

No, I don't bother to, because the top comments will be everyone gloating over a product for no apparent reason instead of mindless hating. And FYI, I dont go looking for your comments

The MBP 2016 is a product I wouldn't recommend to anyone, it's flawed in multiple ways that I consider essential to a good experience and the price point does nothing to redeem it, to the point where I'd rather have the older model if I had to use one. You may subjectively disagree, but frankly I'm tired of your campaign to dismiss any harsh criticism of Apple specifically as mindless hating.

My campaigning is harsh because it pretty much makes zero sense when no one looks at the bigger picture here, specifically about the ports. I'm not going to describe why I'm going on hating about the problems described as I've said enough in my previous two comments

The popcorn was a joke, one that you might have appreciated if this was about some other company like Samsung or nVidia. I don't specifically enjoy seeing Apple fail (not that they have anything to worry about financially), I just find things like these tragically funny.

I wouldn't have appreciated it for any company. But let's be realistic, how many MBP topics have been here on this forum? At least 2-4 times more than what any other product would've had even if it had double the number of problems. This is honestly getting boring and people need to have more to life than just hating on Apple in every angle possible

15 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

No, I don't bother to, because the top comments will be everyone gloating over a product for no apparent reason instead of mindless hating. And FYI, I dont go looking for your comments

My campaigning is harsh because it pretty much makes zero sense when no one looks at the bigger picture here, specifically about the ports. I'm not going to describe why I'm going on hating about the problems described as I've said enough in my previous two comments

I wouldn't have appreciated it for any company. But let's be realistic, how many MBP topics have been here on this forum? At least 2-4 times more than what any other product would've had even if it had double the number of problems. This is honestly getting boring and people need to have more to life than just hating on Apple in every angle possible

I don't care about "the bigger picture", I care about what is being sold right now. I'll criticize it when it has problems and praise it if and when it won't. As for the number of topics, please, go ahead and count the note 7 threads. And sure, that was literally blowing up - but at least a high thread count shows interest for the product and what it represents, if that is any consolation.

I'm sorry if your sense of humour doesn't appreciate that kind of joke, but in the end I can't please everyone.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So you are just basically agreeing with me here. Even you know that Apple issues always get blown out of proportion

Hell no, temps is a HUGE problem, the thing is that most youtube reviewers are so fucking stupid that they only look at surface temps and give zero fuck about how hot the CPU runs.

Then we should blame Intel for this. It's sad to see x86 progressing on snail's pace compared to ARM

LOL no, when did you get this stupid idea? That would be like blaming a sports car manufactor for not doing so their sports car cannot withstand driving off road all the time. We should blame Apple for making a shitty cooling solution.

All first gen products are expensive if you haven't noticed. Same goes for Apple especially with Macs where there will be a huge price cut in subsequent generations. They have done this before with MBA, rMBP, 5K iMac and analysts have confirmed they're indeed going to do this with the new MBPs

Yes first gen products are expensive, but this isn't really a first gen product and Macbooks have ALWAYS been more expensive than their windows counter part.

And again, it's Intel that you should be blaming for rolling out an incomplete standard. And if you reread what you wrote you are actually blaming Apple for adopting a newer standard over the one which had problems

Í know how you argue "apple can do no wrong" that is just PURE BS. Apple knew damn well that there would be problems with products that use 1. gen TB3 controller. They have not said that there would be a problem with 1. gen TB3 products and you can clearly see that they know that there are some problems, they have already updated their USB 3.1 (Type C)/TB3 driver.

Actually, the adoption rate will skyrocket. Because of the infamous Apple ripple effect, every major Windows notebook will at least have two TB3 ports with some only having TB ports. This will force accessory market to adopt the new standard and there will be an exponential growth then onwards

And hence why VGA still exist. Even some 2016 laptops offer VGA which is just pathetic

Yes the adoption will go up with the general consumer, but you clearly didn't read what I wrote, there are no real benefit for going with Type C USB 3.1, they could have gone with Type A 3.1 gen 2 and boom you would have a port with the same bandwith, but is compatible with older USB type A devices.

No it is not patheric, it is used a lot in the business world and in schools, because it is a connector that basically just works and companies have invested a LOT in things with VGA.  There is a reason why you still see VGA on high end business class laptops, that is so a company is more inclined to use buy it, because they wont have to upgrade screens and such.

It's an untapped potential which for some reason everyone is scared of doing. I wish Apple would do something and I know they would have but unfortunately, GPU isn't their game

Do you even know anything about eGPU over TB3? You basically loose 20-25% of your GPUs performance and then you have the bottleneck problem. A 6700HQ is basically 1060 max or bottleneck. Oh yeah and MacBook would thermal throttle, because they have so shitty cooling, so heck a 6700HQ would most likely bottleneck a 1060 in some games. This means that you might only get 40% of a 1060s performance with eGPU over TB3. GG 

I know they're expensive, but the value it brings to the professionals usually outweighs its one-time cost. Why do you think Linus invested thousands of dollars on 10Gb/s network and Thunderbolt 2? The cost benefits clearly outweigh the costs.

Also, you're forgetting that the new MB is a perfect laptop with a docking setup. With TB3 external SSDs it is definitely possible to video edit directly from the drive instead of transferring it to the laptop which can be a huge inconvenience. This wouldn't be possible with USB 3.0, heck even 3.1

I don't know any professionals that you even think about using this craptop as it is now. It thermal throttles, it has zero useful ports without adaptors or buying new of everything.

Yes for a person who needs to be able to load things from a external SSD faster than 550mb/s, it is good, but again they could have giving you a USB 3.1 gen 2 type A port. That would give you 10Gb/s.

It is such a small marked that would benefit from this, it is not even funny.

No it would not be good for a docking setup, because it has so shitty temps.

You do know that USB C is the type of port... Just like USB A and USB B....

It won't slow down anything and will do exactly the opposite. Giving consumers options between new tech that doesn't affect them much vs an established tech is never a good idea. Why do you think VGA, DVI-D, PS/2, USB 2.0 still exist? Giving options is never a good thing and it's much better to rip out the band aid in one go than doing it slowly

That is the most anti consumer thing I have ever read. That is worse than the idiots that think that it is good that there isn't different game services on consoles, because fuck lower pricing, because companies will compete...

PS/2 is one of the best ports for mouse and keyboard, when you look at latency, that is also why a lot of gaming motherboards still have PS/2, it is simply better than USB for latency.

VGA and DVI-D is here because a lot of companies invested a shit ton of money in products with those ports, it is out right idiotic to scare companies away by removing those ports, yes it will scare companies away, because they would need to upgrade basically every screen and projector that they own. So it isn't just the cost of new laptops it is also the cost of new screens and projectors.

USB 2.0 is here, because you basically need that when you build your own PC, since you often need to download a usb 3.0 driver, before those ports work.

Never said that it would slow down the adoption, just pointed out that it wouldn't be as fast as you think it would be.

Or you could just pay $99 ($79 right now) and get the hyperdock which pretty much covers everything. My point being adaptors are only going to get cheaper from this point onwards and you're completely blowing up the costs and inconvenience without measuring out the direct implications of this move in the future.  Except the $500 wouldn't have TB3 and be much inferior and things MBs excel at

The only hyperdock I can find is a 5$ program. If that "hyperdock" isn't TB3 gen 2, then sucks to be you, it would basically be worthless with this gen.

Yes adaptors will get cheaper, but they won't become nicer to use. It is still a fucking pain in the ass to remember x adaptor and if you don't have that adaptor with you, then you are fucked.

you can get a laptop that is around the 500$ with a USB C 3.1 port 10Gb/s and it still has all the normal ports.

You should blame intel for not making it backward compatible

They made it backward compatible, hence USB 3.1 gen 2 type A,, yeah so there went that blaming Intel for everything. Intel just made another type of connector that also work with USB 3.1 gen 2, heck you can get type C 3.0 usb sticks and such, they have the usb 3.0 hardware and the type C connector .

He is a hater. How do I know this? Because of the recent LTT video about MBP RAM (which itself was the stupidest LTT video) where they had called out Louis. I for one expected him to correct the about the fact that Apple uses LPDDR modules but he completely chose to ignore that fact (which btw invalidated the entire video) and just went on bitching about Apple

So you think it is okay for them to only give you 16gb of ram? 32gb would't take much more power...

Okay okay let me get this right. So he said something that wasn't right and didn't address it, that means that he is a hater? So linus is a razer fanboy? He never talks about the shitty temps the blade has, he always defend them.

LTT makes mistakes all the time and basically spread missinformation, so if you get all your knowledge from LTT, then you have a very flawed knowledge.

Again refer above about your gen1 and gen 2 issues. What's wrong in updating firmware drivers. Do you know how many times Dell got their firmware updated to fix half of it's problems? He probably forced installed it or something as I've never encountered my MB updating while in usage unless you force it to

Nothing wrong with a firmware update, I said it because that would show you that they know about issues with their ports. What MB do you have? This update looked like it were only for the newest gen of MBPs.

You're actually delusional if you actually think every issue will crop when they test 100 machines vs millions

Never said that, but you know how they always brag about having the best of the best? They have said that they have prototypes up and working a long time before they release the laptop. It is insanely rare that you see a company make a product with so many big flaws. Remember now, Apple were a company that wanted to make their products perfect or as close to perfect as they could, with a lot of atention to the little detailes.

Does not seem to be the case anymore.

Lol, who said Jobs was perfect. Remeber antennagate? That was a significant misstep Apple took under jobs. And again you're delusional if you think any product is perfect at launch when clearly all windows manufacturers have some or the other problem despite having years of expertise of the same damn shit

Nobody said he was perfect, but he was a hell of a lot better than the useless turd that is Tim cook.

Where did they cut corners exactly? Putting 4 direct TB3 lanes is not a cheap task. Equipping the laptop with huge glass trackpad with force touch, beautiful DCI-P3 display and light years ahead in industrial design is no small feat. And since when is Type- C a proprietary connector? You need to get your facts straight before coming here for an argument

They cut corners on

Cooling

Build quality, by using low quality glue and low quality screws.

Removing ports, you do know that they have to pay other companies for using some of their ports right? You know the thing called license fee..

The 13" model without the touchbar, cost more than the last gen 13", yet you only get two ports. And no I can already hear this coming from you, it has a better CPU, BUT GUESS WHAT, they cost the same. The CPU that is in the old 13" cost the same as the CPU in the new 13".

Also a aluminium shell does not equal good build quality. You need to look at each little part, to find out how the build quality is. You can have the best shell ever, but if it is poorly put together, then that doesn't help at all or if the motherboard in it is low quality, then what the hell is the feel of a laptop going to do about this?

9 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Apple sheeple should actually try something called logic sometime

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but there's literally an app made by Apple for macOS called Logic :D. It's an audio editing program.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Apple is so good at innovating. 

I love all these features nobody is asking for.

I also love how their new designs are relying on other companies to also innovate, when they're just trying to not get sued because of their dumb copyrights.

Spoiler

And here I thought you actually knew something

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Hell no, temps is a HUGE problem, the thing is that most youtube reviewers are so fucking stupid that they only look at surface temps and give zero fuck about how hot the CPU runs.

What is your point here?

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

LOL no, when did you get this stupid idea? That would be like blaming a sports car manufactor for not doing so their sports car cannot withstand driving off road all the time. We should blame Apple for making a shitty cooling solution.

Yes first gen products are expensive, but this isn't really a first gen product and Macbooks have ALWAYS been more expensive than their windows counter part.

They didn't make a shitty cooling solution. If all computers this thin throttles (which again isn't a very conclusive evidence because you're basing this entire thing on one guy) then I said intel is to be blamed. Nothing more, nothing less

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Í know how you argue "apple can do no wrong" that is just PURE BS. Apple knew damn well that there would be problems with products that use 1. gen TB3 controller. They have not said that there would be a problem with 1. gen TB3 products and you can clearly see that they know that there are some problems, they have already updated their USB 3.1 (Type C)/TB3 driver.

SO again what is your point. Did Apple make Thunderbolt 3? Nope. All they did is take up a new standard and put in the latest iteration of it. And for fuck's sake, how many TB3 peripherals are there?? You completely miss the point and you're arguing against the most insignificant shit

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Yes the adoption will go up with the general consumer, but you clearly didn't read what I wrote, there are no real benefit for going with Type C USB 3.1, they could have gone with Type A 3.1 gen 2 and boom you would have a port with the same bandwith, but is compatible with older USB type A devices.

Do you even what is the entire point of Type-C? Seems like you don't. It's a universal standard for future computers and smartphones. Get that into your head before arguing about Type-C vs Type-A which honestly no one else other than you have an issue with

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

No it is not patheric, it is used a lot in the business world and in schools, because it is a connector that basically just works and companies have invested a LOT in things with VGA.  There is a reason why you still see VGA on high end business class laptops, that is so a company is more inclined to use buy it, because they wont have to upgrade screens and such.

Lol, exactly. Since businesses are using VGA we'll use VGA for the next 200 years. Do you really think any business will ever upgrade their screens? Do you see how stupid your logic is? They will hold us back, and if businesses want new devices then they'll have to upgrade their ancient equipment. Other than the company resources everyone else will only be benefitted from this

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Do you even know anything about eGPU over TB3? You basically loose 20-25% of your GPUs performance and then you have the bottleneck problem. A 6700HQ is basically 1060 max or bottleneck.

TB1 had 10Gb/s, TB2 had 20 Gb/s, and TB3 had 40 GB/s and TB4 will have 80Gb/s. Technology improves and we're in a phase where we are moving from USB to thunderbolt (10 vs 40) but you don't seem to be able to grasp that fact. And I need proof that 6700HQ will bottleneck a 1080 because that sounds retarded as fuck

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Oh yeah and MacBook would thermal throttle, because they have so shitty cooling, so heck a 6700HQ would most likely bottleneck a 1060 in some games. This means that you might only get 40% of a 1060s performance with eGPU over TB3. GG 

I don't know any professionals that you even think about using this craptop as it is now. It thermal throttles, it has zero useful ports without adaptors or buying new of everything.

Another idiotic claim based on one guy. No one else seems to have this issue and no one is expecting a laptop this thin and light to cool like a desktop. There's a thing called physics that kind of put hurdles in our way to superconductors at room temperature

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Yes for a person who needs to be able to load things from a external SSD faster than 550mb/s, it is good, but again they could have giving you a USB 3.1 gen 2 type A port. That would give you 10Gb/s.

It is such a small marked that would benefit from this, it is not even funny.

Lol, we're using NVMe SSD and you're still talking about SATA. We've moved on stop hugging legacy shit and move on

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

You do know that USB C is the type of port... Just like USB A and USB B....

USB-C is future. Write that down somewhere so you wont forget it

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

That is the most anti consumer thing I have ever read. That is worse than the idiots that think that it is good that there isn't different game services on consoles, because fuck lower pricing, because companies will compete...

What the fuck are you even talking about. I'm talking about different standards and you're talking about competition. It's like me talking about Apples and you talking about chicken

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

PS/2 is one of the best ports for mouse and keyboard, when you look at latency, that is also why a lot of gaming motherboards still have PS/2, it is simply better than USB for latency.

Yeah, so that's why gamers use PS/2 /s

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

USB 2.0 is here, because you basically need that when you build your own PC, since you often need to download a usb 3.0 driver, before those ports work.

But Apple doesn't seem to have a problem with it. All Apple laptops had USB 3.0 only since 2012. Right, no one can figure the shit out of anything in Windows camp

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Never said that it would slow down the adoption, just pointed out that it wouldn't be as fast as you think it would be.

We still have PS/2, VGA, etc. IF Apple didn't do this we'd still have Type A in 2100

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

The only hyperdock I can find is a 5$ program. If that "hyperdock" isn't TB3 gen 2, then sucks to be you, it would basically be worthless with this gen.

It's a kickstarted dock which adds all legacy ports using two thunderbolt ports. It's been all over the internet. What have you been sleeping in a cave. Wait that makes sense....

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Yes adaptors will get cheaper, but they won't become nicer to use. It is still a fucking pain in the ass to remember x adaptor and if you don't have that adaptor with you, then you are fucked.

RIght, because you carry the naked laptop around during commute.....

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

you can get a laptop that is around the 500$ with a USB C 3.1 port 10Gb/s and it still has all the normal ports.

No you can't

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

They made it backward compatible, hence USB 3.1 gen 2 type A,, yeah so there went that blaming Intel for everything. Intel just made another type of connector that also work with USB 3.1 gen 2, heck you can get type C 3.0 usb sticks and such, they have the usb 3.0 hardware and the type C connector .

I was talking about Thunderbolt. Intel has nothing to do with USB. Wow, you really don't know anything, do you?

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

So you think it is okay for them to only give you 16gb of ram? 32gb would't take much more power...

How do you know this, exactly? It's a proven fact that LPDDR3 consumes way less power and takes a whole lot less room than DDR4

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Okay okay let me get this right. So he said something that wasn't right and didn't address it, that means that he is a hater? So linus is a razer fanboy? He never talks about the shitty temps the blade has, he always defend them.

People will only experience those temps under extreme loads which would probably be running cine bench over and over again. My point being he completely ignored a very obvious fact that rendered the entire video and its conclusions useless which he conveniently chose to ignore and decided to add fuel to the fire

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Nothing wrong with a firmware update, I said it because that would show you that they know about issues with their ports. What MB do you have? This update looked like it were only for the newest gen of MBPs.

That's becasue only the new MBPs have thunderbolt!!

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Never said that, but you know how they always brag about having the best of the best? They have said that they have prototypes up and working a long time before they release the laptop. It is insanely rare that you see a company make a product with so many big flaws.

What are the big flaws again? Becasue you're not very well informed about these stuff

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Remember now, Apple were a company that wanted to make their products perfect or as close to perfect as they could, with a lot of atention to the little detailes.

Do you even know what attention to detail means? It has pretty much nothing to do with ports

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Nobody said he was perfect, but he was a hell of a lot better than the useless turd that is Tim cook.

Well TIm Cook gives you options unlike steve jobs and he is a good human being. Privacy? Forgot the San Bernadino incident

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

They cut corners on

Cooling

Build quality, by using low quality glue and low quality screws.

Cooling, right they forgot to add fans. I don't really know where you cut corners in cooling but your argument is pathetic

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Removing ports, you do know that they have to pay other companies for using some of their ports right? You know the thing called license fee..

Just Wow. That is the most retarded thing I ever heard. They removed cheaper ports and replaced it with much expensive ports that too with four of them. Are you actually very naive? I thought you were just acting stupid, but I genuinely think so now

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

The 13" model without the touchbar, cost more than the last gen 13", yet you only get two ports. And no I can already hear this coming from you, it has a better CPU, BUT GUESS WHAT, they cost the same. The CPU that is in the old 13" cost the same as the CPU in the new 13".

I wouldn't say that, lol. Very poor conception of people. I never mentioned anything about CPUs and you think I'll mention it here. Just lol

You get two fucking two thunderbolt ports that is much much much superior to all the ports combined because you have the flexibility of turning TB3 into anything. 

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Also a aluminium shell does not equal good build quality. You need to look at each little part, to find out how the build quality is. You can have the best shell ever, but if it is poorly put together, then that doesn't help at all or if the motherboard in it is low quality, then what the hell is the feel of a laptop going to do about this?

How did you come to the conclusion that motherboard is of poor quality?

How is it put together poorly? It's probably the most solid, dense packed beautiful laptop on the market. They even pay attention to little things like all internals are custom colored black (that's what attention to detail means btw). They've had the best components like NVMe SSD, RAM, motherboard, etc for a really long time now.

You see, I don't like arguing with misinformed people who don't even know the basics of anything they're talking about. I'm not going to waste my time educating you when you clearly refuse to believe it

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

I don't care about "the bigger picture", I care about what is being sold right now. I'll criticize it when it has problems and praise it if and when it won't. 

That's what I mean by "people are too short sighted". It's never good thing in anything

As for the number of topics, please, go ahead and count the note 7 threads. And sure, that was literally blowing up - but at least a high thread count shows interest for the product and what it represents, if that is any consolation.

Exactly Note 7 was exploding and it needed that much attention as it was basically like people having a time bomb in their pockets. The MBP is like another laptop, with something different and bold that'll cater really well in the future. Yet it receives possibly more attention than a potential bomb. Don't you see how stupid this is. Apple haters care more about bashing Apple than their lives

I'm sorry if your sense of humour doesn't appreciate that kind of joke, but in the end I can't please everyone.

I never told you to please me. But I also don't want you to act like one of those dimwitted haters around here on this forum who has no clue about what they're talking about when I know you know something

On 12/7/2016 at 5:31 AM, RedRound2 said:

And here I thought you actually knew something

What is your point here?

They didn't make a shitty cooling solution. If all computers this thin throttles (which again isn't a very conclusive evidence because you're basing this entire thing on one guy) then I said intel is to be blamed. Nothing more, nothing less

That is so fucking idiotic. it is not even funny. You want to blaim intel, but they say how much heat their CPUs generates, it is up to the manufactor of the fucking laptop to make a cooling system that is able to cool down the given chip. You cannot blaim intel, if you do that then you are a fucking idiot and don't know anything about laptops. That is like blaiming Nvidia for thermal throttling GPUs, because the MANUFACTOR of the laptop didn't cool the GPU well enough.

Manufactors give less and less fucks about temps, BECUASE idiots think that it is okay to have a thermal throttling laptop, just because they are thin. 

What do you think the ULV and core m chips are for? SLIM LOW POWERED LAPTOPS. You cannot expect intel to go against physics or any other manufactor.

You can blaim Apple AND ONLY APPLE for the high temps. They choose to put a quad core in it and they know the TDP and they have engineers that should be smart enough to come up with a cooling solution. Yes it will most likely be thicker.

SO again what is your point. Did Apple make Thunderbolt 3? Nope. All they did is take up a new standard and put in the latest iteration of it. And for fuck's sake, how many TB3 peripherals are there?? You completely miss the point and you're arguing against the most insignificant shit

Do you even what is the entire point of Type-C? Seems like you don't. It's a universal standard for future computers and smartphones. Get that into your head before arguing about Type-C vs Type-A which honestly no one else other than you have an issue with

No intel made TB3. Yes they took the standard, but they have said jack shit about problems with older TB devices. That is something the consumer had to find out for themselves.

This is not insignifcant in any fucking way.

Yes I know the type C port and it seems that I know A LOT more about than you do. Any USB is a universal standard... You need to get your head out of your ass, a lot of people are disapointed about the lack of type a port.

In the start USB C was ment to be a port that removed the need to turn a USB stick to find the right way to get it in. Now USB C is so fucking messy it is not even funny. Desktops are getting 3.1 gen 2 type A, there is not a single fucking reason why appple shouldn't have put a single type A on it. It would give you the same bandwith and no need for a fucking adaptor. Yes you loose one TB3 gen 2 connection, but how few people use all four at the same time?

Lol, exactly. Since businesses are using VGA we'll use VGA for the next 200 years. Do you really think any business will ever upgrade their screens? Do you see how stupid your logic is? They will hold us back, and if businesses want new devices then they'll have to upgrade their ancient equipment. Other than the company resources everyone else will only be benefitted from this

A business takes a longer time to upgrade, because it cost a lot. That logic is way better than any of the stupid ass shit you have said here.

If you listen to how they talk about the MBP, then you would hear that they aim it at pro people, this means businesses. A business typically takes small steps when upgrading. 

Poor people also hold us back. Have you seen how much a TB3 screen cost? or a NVMe SSD using USB C? It is not even funny. The only normal people that will push this are upper middle class and well rich people.

"Ancient" doesn't mean bad....

TB1 had 10Gb/s, TB2 had 20 Gb/s, and TB3 had 40 GB/s and TB4 will have 80Gb/s. Technology improves and we're in a phase where we are moving from USB to thunderbolt (10 vs 40) but you don't seem to be able to grasp that fact. And I need proof that 6700HQ will bottleneck a 1080 because that sounds retarded as fuck

It is 100% fine that they are moving to TB3, but as said before USB 3.1 type A would give you 10Gb/s, there is no reason to not just take one single type C away and give the consumer something that would work with things they already own.

Yes TB3 is a good thing, but this shit doesn't happen over night. Apple is not brave for doing this, they can just sell more.

That is because you know jack shit about this.

this is a titan X maxwell, would you look at that. A 6700HQ is at best a 6600k at stock. You also have to add in that the CPU in a Macbook will thermal throttle and that TB3 is bottlenecking the GPU with about 20%

As we all should know then a titan X maxwell is a about a 1070

b41227d61898217535329a3fdc5d06ee.png.c160fd59aadbe7eb63fac284ad7bdfc8.png

Then you have this video that shows how hard a i5 6600k at 4.5Ghz is pushed at 1080p locked 60fps

Now you can blaim Intel for making CPUs that cannot keep up with current gen GPUs

SNIP

Lets just sum up the last shit here

Yes USB C is the future

You said it yourself there is a thing called physics, that is why the new Macbooks have shit temps.

No the new macbooks are not the only MPS  with TB

You are so retarted that you cannot see that it is apples fault and not intels. You also have no fucking idea of how tech works and what quality is

43 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

That's what I mean by "people are too short sighted". It's never good thing in anything

Exactly Note 7 was exploding and it needed that much attention as it was basically like people having a time bomb in their pockets. The MBP is like another laptop, with something different and bold that'll cater really well in the future. Yet it receives possibly more attention than a potential bomb. Don't you see how stupid this is. Apple haters care more about bashing Apple than their lives

I never told you to please me. But I also don't want you to act like one of those dimwitted haters around here on this forum who has no clue about what they're talking about when I know you know something

If you think criticising a product is being "short sighted" because of what may possibly follow it, sure. Honestly I consider anything else voluntary presbyopia. You choose to ignore the flaws of a product in the name of supposed "innovation" because that's how it's been presented to you.

"Bold" is a word that is completely meaningless in this context. It's a laptop, if it doesn't do what it needs to well then it's a bad one, period. Frankly, given the lack of information made available about this product in the first place, any defect it has should be publicised as much as possible to make sure its potential customers are aware of it. I'm not sure why you are against informing the public.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

18 minutes ago, Sauron said:

If you think criticising a product is being "short sighted" because of what may possibly follow it, sure. Honestly I consider anything else voluntary presbyopia. You choose to ignore the flaws of a product in the name of supposed "innovation" because that's how it's been presented to you.

No one presented jack shit to me. You talk as if it's impossible to use the old ports when the fact is it's not. It's an extra step to use older ports which will make consumers think again of investing stuff with older ports. That's the entire point. There is no real way to progress forward without some pitfalls

18 minutes ago, Sauron said:

"Bold" is a word that is completely meaningless in this context. It's a laptop, if it doesn't do what it needs to well then it's a bad one, period. Frankly, given the lack of information made available about this product in the first place, any defect it has should be publicised as much as possible to make sure its potential customers are aware of it. I'm not sure why you are against informing the public.

What lack of information? What do you want to know? I'll tell you

Just now, RedRound2 said:

No one presented jack shit to me. You talk as if it's impossible to use the old ports when the fact is it's not. It's an extra step to use older ports which will make consumers think again of investing stuff with older ports. That's the entire point. There is no real way to progress forward without some pitfalls

What lack of information? What do you want to know? I'll tell you

I'm not talking exclusively about the ports, far from it. And no, forcing a niche (despite the good sales, mbp 2016 customers are still a vast minority of the market) to buy a certain kind of peripheral, which apple has made no effort to make easily accessible before launch I might add, does not propel the industry forward. Unavoidable pitfalls, you say... then how is it that we have multiple products already that have usb c without the slew of problems the mbp is having? It's simply because they don't have the sheer arrogance of trying to tell the customer what they want.

So now you're willing to discuss the issues? Because it seemed to me like you were annoyed by all the attention they were getting. You won't see overheating issues, bugs, and inconsistent port functionality on Apple's website. You won't see a battery life that is far inferior to what was promised. There are things that you'll find on independent news outlets and that is why it is important to make them widely known.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 12/6/2016 at 11:20 AM, rattacko123 said:

my early 2013 macbook pro retina goes to 105c on windows (checked on msi afterburner) it throttles like crazy, but at least the GPU stays below 90c. So 103c on the 2016 model isn't that surprising really especially considering it is thinner

Change the thermalpaste, I used coolermaster master gel. Worked like a charm, Temps dropped significantly. I did this on my mid-2015 dual graphics macbook pro 15 and it dropped my temps around 15 degrees

42 minutes ago, r3d3mpt10n said:

Change the thermalpaste, I used coolermaster master gel. Worked like a charm, Temps dropped significantly. I did this on my mid-2015 dual graphics macbook pro 15 and it dropped my temps around 15 degrees

yeah I have done that a couple of times for people. A repasting is nice

Am I the only one who thinks its hilarious that Apple tried claiming the reason why they don't allow more RAM is because of battery life, on a laptop that has a touchbar that almost certainly uses more power than another stick of RAM??

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

I'm not talking exclusively about the ports, far from it. And no, forcing a niche (despite the good sales, mbp 2016 customers are still a vast minority of the market) to buy a certain kind of peripheral, which apple has made no effort to make easily accessible before launch I might add, does not propel the industry forward.

The industry loves to copy Apple and that's where the adoption will come from. Because of this many newer Windows laptops will have multiple TB3 ports and even more manufacturers will be willing to go full on Type - C on their next device. That's where the adoption stems from

Unavoidable pitfalls, you say... then how is it that we have multiple products already that have usb c without the slew of problems the mbp is having? It's simply because they don't have the sheer arrogance of trying to tell the customer what they want.

What problems are you even talking about? Type-C stuff or the other issues. If it's Type-C, its more apparent on the MBP because that all you can use unlike other laptops. For the record, Dell indeed have problems with the thunderbolt port in their XPS lineup 

So now you're willing to discuss the issues? Because it seemed to me like you were annoyed by all the attention they were getting. You won't see overheating issues, bugs, and inconsistent port functionality on Apple's website. You won't see a battery life that is far inferior to what was promised. There are things that you'll find on independent news outlets and that is why it is important to make them widely known.

Lol, which manufacturers publish their bugs on their website? How low can you go to prove a point? Many can be fixed by software issues like touch bar, or boot camp, and port (which btw most people don't have a problem with)

Battery life is indeed a let down as Apple was pretty much the only company to give accurate battery life claims. I don't see a reason why they would stop that now and I think there may be some kind of battery drain issue in the 15"model specifically

21 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

No, they're not, but for example, I have a Vostro 5470. The only problem it had and I'm aware of: a BIOS update that prevented it from sleeping when closind the lid. Had a Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, again, one single problem: cooling is terrible and you can't control the fan speed because Samsung don't want you to do that, but temps never got higher than 87ºC. My custom build PCs never had a single problem.

Yes, all those you cited have some problems, but none of them have that amount and/or kind of problems, with the exception of Surface, that shipped with tons of firmware bugs and they are still fixing them.

I said this before and I saying it again. It's embarrassing if companies still have problems with the hardware even after decades of expertise on the same damn thing. Is there anything different or innovative in your model, I don't think so

Apple introduced Touch bar and and different set of ports (TB3) both of which Apple or any company for that matter to be new at. Sure they may be small bugs but it will eventually get ironed out and everything should be fine eventually. But surface on the other hand still have problems after 4 generations and it's embarrassing now for Microsoft

2 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

Sure they may be small bugs but it will eventually get ironed out and everything should be fine eventually. But surface on the other hand still have problems after 4 generations and it's embarrassing now for Microsoft

Small bugs are you fucking kiding me? How is 103c a "small" problem?  How is the keyboard stop working a "small" problem? They have put keyboards on laptops for a while now. I can understand that they would have some small problems with the touchbar, but not it popping up on the screen. If it just went black, then sure

Don't come here with "blaim intel", they have jack shit to do with this, this is all on Apple. Apple choose the CPU, they knew damn well what kind of cooling it needed, yet they didn't make the cooling good enough. The CPU starts to slow down at 85c, to make the temps come down, also called thermal throttling and how shit is the cooling if it cannot handle a 6700HQ that doesn't even run at its normal clock speed. It should also have turned off way before those 103c

5 hours ago, Dackzy said:

You need to STFU you have no fucking idea of what you are talking about. it is so insanely clear that you complety just twist everything so Apple has no blame and don't want to see things in other POVs. 

I dont really know what you quoted so I cant directly reply to it. My conclusions are derived from observations, facts and precedants and it is as straight as a ruler. But people like you have their minds too clouded that you cant judge anything objectively, at least when it comes to apple

That is so fucking idiotic. it is not even funny. You want to blaim intel, but they say how much heat their CPUs generates, it is up to the manufactor of the fucking laptop to make a cooling system that is able to cool down the given chip. You cannot blaim intel, if you do that then you are a fucking idiot and don't know anything about laptops. That is like blaiming Nvidia for thermal throttling GPUs, because the MANUFACTOR of the laptop didn't cool the GPU well enough.

Oh my god. There are three way to you can make a chip cool. One is my perfecting fan blades for maximum efficiency (which we pretty much already achieved) or you can come up with a superconductor (which we cant at least yet) or third Intel can make their chips more efficient (the only way of actually progressing forward). Intel is enjoying monopoly in the market, so they dont have any kind of obligation to actually improve anything these days

You can blaim Apple AND ONLY APPLE for the high temps. They choose to put a quad core in it and they know the TDP and they have engineers that should be smart enough to come up with a cooling solution. Yes it will most likely be thicker.

No intel made TB3. Yes they took the standard, but they have said jack shit about problems with older TB devices. That is something the consumer had to find out for themselves.

There have always been quad cores in laptops. Could you please do some kind of research before spreading you bullshit here

So Intel is at fault here right? Right? They are the ones who made gen 1 and gen 2 incompatible with each other NOT APPLE

Yes I know the type C port and it seems that I know A LOT more about than you do.

Lol, nice joke. All timers can maybe call me a fanboy, but no one will say I don't know the shit I'm talking about. If i don't know about something I will explicitly say so

Any USB is a universal standard... You need to get your head out of your ass, a lot of people are disapointed about the lack of type a port.

USB - A is old. USB-C is future. The only way to ever reach the future is to go all future

In the start USB C was ment to be a port that removed the need to turn a USB stick to find the right way to get it in. Now USB C is so fucking messy it is not even funny. Desktops are getting 3.1 gen 2 type A, there is not a single fucking reason why appple shouldn't have put a single type A on it. It would give you the same bandwith and no need for a fucking adaptor. Yes you loose one TB3 gen 2 connection, but how few people use all four at the same time?

See another dumb comment. What do you mean how many people use all 4 ports? Apple is giving you expansion possibilities are you're complaining about it. TB3 is a whole lot more faster and powerful than USB.

USB mess is USB association (or whatever they call themselves) problem, not Apple's

Giving options to consumers is reason why PS/2, USB 2.0, VGA still exist. Giving options in this scenario will never get to all Type-C future anytime soon

A business takes a longer time to upgrade, because it cost a lot. That logic is way better than any of the stupid ass shit you have said here.

Yes, so suddenly you care about how much a business spends. Do you realize how insignificant that amount can be in a large scale. I'm not asking them to upgrade every year but like every 10 years or so.

If you listen to how they talk about the MBP, then you would hear that they aim it at pro people, this means businesses. A business typically takes small steps when upgrading. 

Poor people also hold us back. Have you seen how much a TB3 screen cost? or a NVMe SSD using USB C? It is not even funny. The only normal people that will push this are upper middle class and well rich people.

"Ancient" doesn't mean bad....

Who said people have to buy TB3 enabled devices. They can just buy Type-C which is as cheap as normal USB stuff

What are you even getting at? Your replies don't even have a thumb deep thought into it as it's too easy for me to point out flaws

It is 100% fine that they are moving to TB3, but as said before USB 3.1 type A would give you 10Gb/s, there is no reason to not just take one single type C away and give the consumer something that would work with things they already own.

Yes TB3 is a good thing, but this shit doesn't happen over night. Apple is not brave for doing this, they can just sell more.

They can sell what? All they did here was turn off potential buyers. See even though Apple always gets record sales, they honestly dont give a shit about sales. If they did, they would never do this and the new MBP would've suddenly been the best laptop you can get like all the previous years

That is because you know jack shit about this.

this is a titan X maxwell, would you look at that. A 6700HQ is at best a 6600k at stock. You also have to add in that the CPU in a Macbook will thermal throttle and that TB3 is bottlenecking the GPU with about 20%

As we all should know then a titan X maxwell is a about a 1070

Are you fucking complaining about 5fps? You're more deluded than I thought. You really dont know what bottleneck is do you. There needs to be a significant difference as the CPU wouldn't be able to deliver the GPUs performance but these metrics just showed how a more powerful CPU does better in the small processing task involved than a weaker CPU in games. Afterall you cant play games only with a GPU and CPU does have some role in it

Again the thermal throttle shit. Can you please get your head out of your ass and think to write down the fact that thermal throttling is very common in laptops this thin and light like Razer blade and the 90+ temp is only recorded by one guy

Lets just sum up the last shit here

Yes USB C is the future

You said it yourself there is a thing called physics, that is why the new

Yeah and how do we solve this thermal issues, three ways. Make the most efficient fan design (which we already have achieved) , superconductors at room temp (which isn't possible as of now) or oh yeah, make CPUs more efficient (which seems to be the most feasible of the three)

No the new macbooks are not the only MPS  with TB

You are so retarted that you cannot see that it is apples fault and not intels. You also have no fucking idea of how tech works and what quality is 

Yeah, but you still haven't given me a proper explanation yet with facts. I refute all your claims and then you keep talking about the same thing