PewdiePie, #1 most subcribed youtube channel, alleges youtube is "killing his channel". Says he will delete his channel at 50 million subscribers

Kulegamez

Can honestly say I've never even watched a full video from him, can delete his channel today as far as I care.

never understood why everyone fanboys him

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

22 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Was this posted somewhere else before because I swear I have read it like 100 times already

I searched "Pewdiepie" on the fourm, I didn't see this.

Current Rig (rekt)

Core i7 6950x; Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10;  Corsair Dominatior Platinum 64gb (4x16); Nvidia Gtx Titan X (Pascal) x2; Lian Li PC-08WBW;

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Cat it run Crysis?

Gosh, No...

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

pewdiedpie?

Noooooooo...

Damn, they are worse than mines...

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Sounds like a solid goal. :P 

saver.png

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Sounds like a solid goal. :P 

Hey, me too I'm going to delete my channel @ 50 million subs, If ever...

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

saver.png

saver.png.0127ac6b5d3bb14a6dfaaf6a49574d2b.png

There I fixed it for you. :D 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

25 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes he will make a new channel but I don't care. Unless

LinusTechTips, #1 most subcribed tech youtube channel, alleges youtube is "killing his channel". Says he will delete his channel at 5 million subscribers

Lol, Actually H3H3 made a tweet saying he was in solidarity with Pewdiepie and he will delete his channel at 50 million.

Current Rig (rekt)

Core i7 6950x; Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10;  Corsair Dominatior Platinum 64gb (4x16); Nvidia Gtx Titan X (Pascal) x2; Lian Li PC-08WBW;

Just now, SansVarnic said:

saver.png.0127ac6b5d3bb14a6dfaaf6a49574d2b.png

There I fixed it for you. :D 

Photoshop at its best but I don't think you have money for that. GIMP?

lol Its just a master plan to hit 50 mil quicker.

Honestly though he has made so much money from youtube he is probably set for life so it doesn't matter if he stops.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

inb4 pediepie starting his own floatplane club

Details separate people.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Photoshop at its best but I don't think you have money for that. GIMP?

MS Paint. ;) 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes he will make a new channel but I don't care. Unless

LinusTechTips, #1 most subcribed tech youtube channel, alleges youtube is "killing his channel". Says he will delete his channel at 5 million subscribers

You could argue mkbhd is actually the largest. He has more subs than Linus and kinda does tech stuff though he's more at the phone and camera end while Linus is computers and phones.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

It seems like we're going back to youtube in it's early days (around 2008-2009) when clickbait and among other things was a issue. The difference is back then it would be some channel with like 100 subs that made a single video that got a million views due to a clickbait title and that was the only video they made that got that many views. Today big youtubers are abusing children's tendency to believe whatever they see and giving poor quality, completely unrelated videos titles that gain lots of attention.

It makes me almost wish I had gotten into computers and started getting on the internet more often back then, because shit was a lot less toxic and there was a lot more creativity. The thing is back then I never really got interested in it, maybe I would watch videos occasionally but that was it. Today everything on the internet just seems so... industrialized, like the big youtubers run all of youtube, and videos seem more and more forced and the only reason people make videos now is to make money, and they do everything it takes. And now youtube itself basically holds everything with a death grip, leaving little room for smaller channels to grow or for actual good content to be discovered. Youtube likes the bullshit clickbait videos, because it makes them more money. They don't care. And same with basically every other social media site. It went from back just several years ago to being more of a fun platform for people to just make accounts and do/post whatever they want and have fun with it, to today turning into a means for big companies and the government to gather information from people, and as a means to manipulate people (news, etc.). Today all social media sites always want your real full name and phone number as well as other ridiculous things that they shouldn't need to know. And today it seems that these sites will take down anything or get rid of anyone that they don't like on their platform.

It seems the internet is starting to loose the one thing that made it so popular in the first place: it's freedom. It's freedom of expression. It's ability to freely share information. The internet can be considered one of the only places where anything can be said and information can be freely shared and received.

And because of the internet's power to influence people, there's a lot of companies, governments and people using it to influence people and gain power and control.

And since I really spiraled down into a whole "we're loosing freedom" rant, it's almost as if freedom will always result in loss of freedom in the end.

35 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

You could argue mkbhd is actually the largest. He has more subs than Linus and kinda does tech stuff though he's more at the phone and camera end while Linus is computers and phones.

get out. @LinusTech would be so mad

I'm pretty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ tbh.  Pewds is a nice guy outside his online persona which is grading on the ears honestly. Google is doing some suspect stuff with Youtube, at the same time this we're talking about a dude that made millions doing high pitched screeching. He should consider himself grateful as hell he even got to where he is given his lack of actual content.

lol as if I would care for mr. screamy mc facecam

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 hours ago, KingKeith55 said:

It makes me almost wish I had gotten into computers and started getting on the internet more often back then, because shit was a lot less toxic and there was a lot more creativity

back in the day when flash animations wich took weeks to make at times and where creative content was what popular , now its just minecraft lets play #1827812 and dota/csgo stream #1278 followed by FAIL EPIC PRANK  and 2hour vine compilations

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Can't say I much mind most of those big youtubers getting less views. Most of them are absolutely horrible, producing poor quality content with clickbait titles and thumbnails. The less views they get the better. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

OH MY GOD IM LOOSING SUBS YOUTUBE IS KILLING ME ,

no pewdiepie its youtubes inbox algorithm working as intended

not the biggest fan of this guy but honestly he explains it well

PSU Tier list

2 hours ago, Mooshi said:

I'm pretty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ tbh.  Pewds is a nice guy outside his online persona which is grading on the ears honestly. Google is doing some suspect stuff with Youtube, at the same time this we're talking about a dude that made millions doing high pitched screeching. He should consider himself grateful as hell he even got to where he is given his lack of actual content.

He could be making award winning short films and the point would be the same: Youtube (and ultimately Google) has nothing but fucking ungratefulness and contempt for even their most successful partner ever, one that has literally made them millions of dollars in revenue. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

You know, i am almost positive that youtube IS trying to kill off certain channels, reason is that google is greedy and will do whatever it takes to make money, be it murdering their own content creators in order to get sponsored videos up there.

Oh and, ive heard people seeing ads in their suggested feed, and i saw a couple of adds in my own suggested feed the other day. Was a bit surprised. 

7 hours ago, KingKeith55 said:

And since I really spiraled down into a whole "we're loosing freedom" rant, it's almost as if freedom will always result in loss of freedom in the end.

That may be because freedom always come with limitations. Because it doesn't work if it is boundless.