LED Hardline Cooling

Hello LTT Community.

I had a crazy idea to do with Hardline PC cooling. What if you could attach tight-lights (LEDs that are close together) to the inside, or hidden on the back of the hardline piping with some white opaque coolent so that the liquid glows without the need of UV lighting. Not to mention the fact that if you were to do it all inside the hardline, you could feed the lights through the CPU and GPU cooling blocks and turn those LEDs into an RGB lighting system so that the colors move with the coolent like the lights around the RGB "OPEN" signs on some stores (can't find a picture to demonstrate).

Can you do it xD? If you can financially and with your hands/got some good help, then i dont see why you shouldnt do it?

Groomlake Authority

You would have flow issues putting the lights inside the hardline and it would be really hard to run them not to mention how you would get one end out to power it. Plus then you have the issue of running power in water through your pc, not a good combo. All the water and blocks will conduct electricity, whether its 9-12v, still not a wise decision.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

4 hours ago, LegoStar said:

I had a crazy idea...

Yes, you did... you really did.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

I have a suggestion.  Fibre optic light behind the tubes might work.  I saw some build use it.  Im not sure i think its under the build log thread named tron. Since u need only one source of light and is not as complicated as led strips.   

20 hours ago, LegoStar said:

Hello LTT Community.

I had a crazy idea to do with Hardline PC cooling. What if you could attach tight-lights (LEDs that are close together) to the inside, or hidden on the back of the hardline piping with some white opaque coolent so that the liquid glows without the need of UV lighting. Not to mention the fact that if you were to do it all inside the hardline, you could feed the lights through the CPU and GPU cooling blocks and turn those LEDs into an RGB lighting system so that the colors move with the coolent like the lights around the RGB "OPEN" signs on some stores (can't find a picture to demonstrate).

You mean like this using LED plugs, it will not light up the tubing liek it would with side light acrylic due to alignment of the tubing thickness but close to that.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-plug-g1-4-plexi-led-5mm

I don't really understand what you mean ^^ Like that?

EDIT: Now I got what you mean :D Would be pretty hard to hide the cables and so on I guess ^^

Thermaltake sells fittings with build in LED's. I know someone who has them and their a pain in hide all the cables.

Link: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Cooler/Liquid_Cooler_/Fittings/C_00002940/Pacific_RGB_G1_4_PETG_Tube_16mm_OD_12mm_ID/design.htm

Video: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/video/cooling/RGBfitting/RGBfitting.webm

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

When you're tubing is large enough, then you could possibly drill and glue some 3mm LEDs into them, which would decrese you're flow rate a bit, but would still work ;)