Do i need to change radiator ?

Go to solution Solved by yogeshnaidu,
21 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Your 6800k will do a lot more work at a much lower clock speed than your old AMD chip.  Don't worry about how clock speeds because you don't need it as much as you did with your old chip.  With BWE you should be happy if you hit 4.3 to 4.5.  4.5 being a lot more rare.

Well ur right intel has better clock to clock speed then amd but previously i use the 5th processor forget wt model but it hit 4.6 ghz easily.  So technically upgrading to this processor didnt really give me any noticeable upgrade if not probably i need to clock my current 6850k to 4.2 ghz to keep it chill.  End up it wasnt worth the money but lets see if changing the block makes a difference later plus i get some free ek tim indigo extreme.  Its hard to fail in applying this tim so hope its just failure from my part. 

I have opened a build log thread which u can refer from here :-

So i need some opinions. I planning to change the radiator from aqua computer airplex radical to hardware labs but just aint sure whether is necessary. I have seen benchmarks and stuff i know hardware labs radiator are great but still haven't made up my mind.

My thoughts were changing the bottom radiator to 2x480gts(gpu) and top 480 sr2 (cpu).

My gpu temp its ok 15 min furmark is sits around 46 degree but cpu 6850k clocked at 4.3 ghz hits 85 degree to 90 degree in cpu stress test. It even hits 90 degree and spike to 100 when run on prime 95 small ftt which some people say that its too hot i should clock down the frequency but when i use this as daily driver all my games run smoothly no crash on my pc. Since this kind of stress test is more of a worse case scenario but siting at 90 degree for most stress test pass 10 min is obviously doesn't fell right.

17 minutes ago, yogeshnaidu said:

but cpu 6850k clocked at 4.3 ghz hits 85 degree to 90 degree in cpu stress test. It even hits 90 degree and spike to 100 when run on prime 95 small ftt which some people say that its too hot i should clock down the frequency but when i use this as daily driver all my games run smoothly no crash on my pc. Since this kind of stress test is more of a worse case scenario but siting at 90 degree for most stress test pass 10 min is obviously doesn't fell right.

What is your voltage at 4.3 GHz?  Temps seem high, but it's really hard to tell.  If you're running a pretty high voltage at 4.3, it's really easy to heat up that BWE chip with a Prime95 small FFT type load.

If you are hitting 85c on something like AIDA64 (CPU, FPU & cache testing), you need more cooling, but it may not necessarily be in the form of more or better radiators.  The only way of knowing that is if you are monitoring water temps and seeing continued water temp rising.  Otherwise it could simply be improvements needed in the CPU water block, whether that be the type, mount or TIM.

35 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

What is your voltage at 4.3 GHz?  Temps seem high, but it's really hard to tell.  If you're running a pretty high voltage at 4.3, it's really easy to heat up that BWE chip with a Prime95 small FFT type load.

If you are hitting 85c on something like AIDA64 (CPU, FPU & cache testing), you need more cooling, but it may not necessarily be in the form of more or better radiators.  The only way of knowing that is if you are monitoring water temps and seeing continued water temp rising.  Otherwise it could simply be improvements needed in the CPU water block, whether that be the type, mount or TIM.

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg6.jpg

7.jpg8.jpg

9.jpg10.jpg

49 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I dont have equipment to check temp of water but i do notice that the heat is being pushed out from the radiator same as the gpu rads. Plus since my tubes are stainless steel so i can feel the tubes. Tubes getting into the rad its hot and the tubing coming out from rad is slightly warm.

Just ran aida 64 today i am actually really worried the temp doesnt look good just running for few seconds and it stays somewhere there even after few minutes.

temp.png

6 hours ago, yogeshnaidu said:

I dont have equipment to check temp of water but i do notice that the heat is being pushed out from the radiator same as the gpu rads. Plus since my tubes are stainless steel so i can feel the tubes. Tubes getting into the rad its hot and the tubing coming out from rad is slightly warm.

Just ran aida 64 today i am actually really worried the temp doesnt look good just running for few seconds and it stays somewhere there even after few minutes.

You're running FPU only in AIDA64.  That's almost the same thing as running Prime95 small FFTs as far as heat goes.  Just a little less than Prime95 actually.  What are your temps when you run AIDA64 with CPU, FPU and cache only checked?  They will be a lot lower, but we need to see if it's low enough.

7 hours ago, done12many2 said:

You're running FPU only in AIDA64.  That's almost the same thing as running Prime95 small FFTs as far as heat goes.  Just a little less than Prime95 actually.  What are your temps when you run AIDA64 with CPU, FPU and cache only checked?  They will be a lot lower, but we need to see if it's low enough.

Will test it later i guess is around 85 or somewhere there

I just hope i dont get a bad cpu that doesnt like to be overclocked.  Come on intel really? Shit cpu yield.  Even my fx 8320e hit 4.4 ghz with just air cooling. For god sake.  

2 minutes ago, yogeshnaidu said:

I just hope i dont get a bad cpu that doesnt like to be overclocked.  Come on intel really? Shit cpu yield.  Even my fx 8320e hit 4.4 ghz with just air cooling. For god sake.  

Your 6800k will do a lot more work at a much lower clock speed than your old AMD chip.  Don't worry about how clock speeds because you don't need it as much as you did with your old chip.  With BWE you should be happy if you hit 4.3 to 4.5.  4.5 being a lot more rare.

21 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Well ur right intel has better clock to clock speed then amd but previously i use the 5th processor forget wt model but it hit 4.6 ghz easily.  So technically upgrading to this processor didnt really give me any noticeable upgrade if not probably i need to clock my current 6850k to 4.2 ghz to keep it chill.  End up it wasnt worth the money but lets see if changing the block makes a difference later plus i get some free ek tim indigo extreme.  Its hard to fail in applying this tim so hope its just failure from my part.