Only SSD showing up! HELP!

Dmonster

So today I built a mini itx pc. I installed a 120 gb ssd along with a 1 tb hard drive. I installed windows 10 64 bit on the ssd and realized my computer does not recognize it. I went into the bios and saw that the hard drive showed up. I went to partition the drive but only my ssd (C drive) showed up. help!

This should help!

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1070,  CPU: i5-6600k OC to 4.0 GHz,  PSU: Rosewill Capstone G750 750W,  Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming,  Case: NZXT H440 White,  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8),  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Mouse: Razer Ouroboros,  Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Mousepad: Razer Overwatch KB+M pad, Headset: Corsair Void RGB,  Monitor: 1x ASUS PB277Q 27" 1440p & 1x HP Pavilion 25cw 25-inch 1080p

Sorry, but the drive doesn't show in disc management either!

7 minutes ago, Dmonster said:

So today I built a mini itx pc. I installed a 120 gb ssd along with a 1 tb hard drive. I installed windows 10 64 bit on the ssd and realized my computer does not recognize it. I went into the bios and saw that the hard drive showed up. I went to partition the drive but only my ssd (C drive) showed up. help!

The SSD isn't showing up becuase it needs to be formated. Since you installed windows on the HDD, that was formated when Windows was being installed. You need to go into the manage devices portion of your computer settings to format it so it can be detected. That video they posted should tell you how to do that. 

3 hours ago, Dmonster said:

Did you check that the SATA and SATA power connecters are secure in your PSU, motherboard, and HDD?

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1070,  CPU: i5-6600k OC to 4.0 GHz,  PSU: Rosewill Capstone G750 750W,  Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming,  Case: NZXT H440 White,  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8),  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Mouse: Razer Ouroboros,  Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Mousepad: Razer Overwatch KB+M pad, Headset: Corsair Void RGB,  Monitor: 1x ASUS PB277Q 27" 1440p & 1x HP Pavilion 25cw 25-inch 1080p

1 minute ago, Dmonster said:

can you post a screen-shot of what shows up in the disk management?

4 minutes ago, Treedubz said:

Did you check that the SATA and SATA power connecters are secure in your PSU, motherboard, and HDD?

Yes

Just now, Dmonster said:

Capture.PNG

But I can't access it...

Just now, Dmonster said:

Capture.PNG

I don't know what to say... I would normally say its the cable or the HDD but if its showing up in the Bios, not sure why it isn't showing up in disk management. Weird, maybe a faulty HDD. 

Just now, Dmonster said:

IMG_1765.JPG

When you bought the HDD, was it a Western Digital and what color was the box? The reason I say this, is that some typed of hard drives are made for certain applications, such as raid. One for a computer for extra storage (not raid) would be a blue box (at least in the US). If you bought a different one, maybe that's the reason why its not showing up in Windows. 

10 minutes ago, dorkiusmx said:

When you bought the HDD, was it a Western Digital and what color was the box? The reason I say this, is that some typed of hard drives are made for certain applications, such as raid. One for a computer for extra storage (not raid) would be a blue box (at least in the US). If you bought a different one, maybe that's the reason why its not showing up in Windows. 

It came in a cardboard box. I got it from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Cache-Desktop-Drive-WD10EZEX/dp/B0088PUEPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480835100&sr=8-1&keywords=wd+caviar+blue

Just now, Dmonster said:

Ok I got the exact same one, and from Amazon too. I would say its the cables or the HDD that is defective, or Windows OS that is screwing it up. I doubt its because you dont have enough power. Try buying another cable since its the cheapest and easiest option. If it doesn't work, then I say get a replacement from Amazon. if that doesn't work, then its something with Windows OS. 

Just now, dorkiusmx said:

Ok I got the exact same one, and from Amazon too. I would say its the cables or the HDD that is defective, or Windows OS that is screwing it up. I doubt its because you dont have enough power. Try buying another cable since its the cheapest and easiest option. If it doesn't work, then I say get a replacement from Amazon. if that doesn't work, then its something with Windows OS. 

I've already tried it with a new cable as well. I guess I will exchange it for a new one...

Just now, Dmonster said:

I've already tried it with a new cable as well. I guess I will exchange it for a new one...

That is weird though, how big is your psu?

1 minute ago, dorkiusmx said:

That is weird though, how big is your psu?

Full atx Corsair 550 watt semi modular 80+ bronze. I don't think that's the problem. I have a i5-6500 and a gtx 1060 6gb

Just now, Dmonster said:

Full atx Corsair 550 watt semi modular 80+ bronze. I don't think that's the problem. I have a i5-6500 and a gtx 1060 6gb

yeah, you're right, PSU has nothing to do with it. You just got a bad HDD. Sorry man. Wish I could help you more. 

2 minutes ago, Dmonster said:

The hard drive is powered off of the same wire as the SSD

Just now, Dmonster said:

The hard drive is powered off of the same wire as the SSD

does the psu have an extra cable to power it up? Mines has 3 on it for drives. So i have one on each drive and one on the optical drive. disconnect the optical drive if you have one, and just put on each, separately. See if that helps.  

4 minutes ago, dorkiusmx said:

does the psu have an extra cable to power it up? Mines has 3 on it for drives. So i have one on each drive and one on the optical drive. disconnect the optical drive if you have one, and just put on each, separately. See if that helps.  

I don't think the psu is the problem because I can tell the hard drive disk is spinning

Just now, Dmonster said:

I don't think the psu is the problem because I can tell the hard drive disk is spinning

Yeah, then it's the HDD. I can't think of anything else. I doubt its the OS since its a fresh install.

2 minutes ago, dorkiusmx said:

Yeah, then it's the HDD. I can't think of anything else. I doubt its the OS since its a fresh install.

I agree. I will let you know if a new HDD works. Thanks!

Just now, Dmonster said:

I agree. I will let you know if a new HDD works. Thanks!

Anytime, post back the results. Wish you the best.