Dennis Discoveries: KTV K069 Karaoke Microphone

LinusTech
14 hours ago, Forfanatic said:

It's Taiwan. This video will play in China too as I remember, so.........they have to remove "Taiwan" for politic reasons or they will be wrecked by China government. So does the flag behind Dennis

It's just a joke. If it wasn't, they'd only change the wording in the Chinese version.

1 hour ago, Dredgy said:

It's just a joke. If it wasn't, they'd only change the wording in the Chinese version.

I'm pretty sure they just subtitle it. And I'm pretty sure a Chinese person would know Dennis said "Taiwan", even in "English".

18 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Since before Britain let go of ownership of Taiwan, China has claimed Taiwan for its own. Taiwan does not want to be a part of China for obvious reasons. Taiwan acts as it own independent and self governing nation state and even has its own elected President But China refuses to address/acknowledge this and still treats Taiwan as a second class state under China rule.

This is... Entirely wrong.  The British infact never controlled Taiwan.  You're thinking of Hong Kong maybe?  Taiwan is the Chinese island which the democratic Chinese government escaped to in the 1950's and 1960's during the Chinese Civil war where the Communists took over China.  Both nations maintain that they are 'the real china' with Taiwan officially calling it the 'Republic Of China' and Mainland Communist China being 'The Peoples Republic Of China.'  Of course The PRC is the much larger China with a lot more guns so they tend to boss the world around when it comes to how to address what they consider to be a 'Rogue Province' that one day they will stomp into submission.

29 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This is... Entirely wrong.  The British infact never controlled Taiwan.  You're thinking of Hong Kong maybe?  Taiwan is the Chinese island which the democratic Chinese government escaped to in the 1950's and 1960's during the Chinese Civil war where the Communists took over China.  Both nations maintain that they are 'the real china' with Taiwan officially calling it the 'Republic Of China' and Mainland Communist China being 'The Peoples Republic Of China.'  Of course The PRC is the much larger China with a lot more guns so they tend to boss the world around when it comes to how to address what they consider to be a 'Rogue Province' that one day they will stomp into submission.

Wouldn't that like The South escaping to Alaska and claiming it was "The Real USA"?

4 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

OOPS !!! Yes my Bad... I am sorry I was thinking of Hong when I typed that up .... *hangs head low* ...........

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

I'm pretty sure they just subtitle it. And I'm pretty sure a Chinese person would know Dennis said "Taiwan", even in "English".

Taiwan is not really a censored word in China. They're fine to say it.

Dennis managed to rickroll himself and not even know that. That has to be one of the finest moments in LTT history. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Sorry, but the first time I saw that device I wondered whether it was a microphone or a dildo...and then when someone tried to grab it, it bent.

So I guess there's no Channel Super Fun in China, because as I recall Dennis wore his flag in the Canada versus the World Office Hockey video.

2 hours ago, RocketFarmer said:

Sorry, but the first time I saw that device I wondered whether it was a microphone or a dildo...and then when someone tried to grab it, it bent.

So I guess there's no Channel Super Fun in China, because as I recall Dennis wore his flag in the Canada versus the World Office Hockey video.

Maybe that was the reason for the edits this time.

• 1 year later...

When will we get more Dennis Discoveries? 

Hands down my favorite (non)series on the channel, right next to the vlogs!

image.png.a0267dbf64b8b5df3fca8ac84ca9aa67.png

wow, blast from the past lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:00 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

wow, blast from the past lol

Well I am hoping that Dennis will "discover" this at some point :D

On 10/13/2018 at 2:37 PM, theorangeangle said:

Well I am hoping that Dennis will "discover" this at some point :D

Maybe he has already discovered something on his own twitch

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition