why do or dont you like Apple MACBOOKS?

MorganO

DO YOU like Apple Macbook/mac/ipads etc  

126 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU like Apple Macbook/mac/ipads etc?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Touch buttons are terrible because you can not touch type with them.

OK, why do you think MacOS is good?

You've already said "because it is optimized", but never provided any evidence to support that claim (except that one flawed FCP test which we've already talked about).

You said it was better for programming because "it can use more APIs compared to Windows or Linux", which you did not provide any evidence for either, and later backpedaled on.

You're thinking of System32 which is different from Win32.

That is true. And I think its good because its extremely beautiful and its simple to use. It also always works. In general it is better for programming unless as you said it you are making games. But again you can always use bootcamp. And you did disprove the test yes. Ok thats what I thought of :P 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I think Macbooks would be a really fun tool to use, but I have different needs.

What I like:  The build quality, the nice chasis, the keyboard, touch pad, screen, battery life magsafe (but i guess it is leaving now),  and certain programs.

What I don't like: The price ( not insanely overpriced, but you can't tell me they are not overpirced at all, game support, many programs only supporting windows, the ports, and I don't like  having to deal with Apple's reputation of what people who use them have.

I do not need the programs that I know many people use on Mac like Final Cut, and I like having more support in general. It is not for me, but I can see people who it is for.

30 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

extremely beautiful

Subjective. I think it looks like crap.

30 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

its simple to use

Depends on what you want to do.

Last time I checked, doing a simple thing like locking the Mac required you to change settings (you needed to go into system preferences, then security and privacy, then check the "require password after sleep or screen saver begins") and then do a really weird key combination to lock it (control + shift + power button). Cut and paste does not (or at least did not) not working in Finder was another big annoyance for me.

There were other things that made me go "why is this so complicated?" when I used OS X, but I can't remember any other ones right now.

31 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

It also always works.

lol, yeah right. Just like Windows always werks.

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Subjective. I think it looks like crap.

Depends on what you want to do.

Last time I checked, doing a simple thing like locking the Mac required you to change settings (you needed to go into system preferences, then security and privacy, then check the "require password after sleep or screen saver begins") and then do a really weird key combination to lock it (control + shift + power button). Cut and paste does not (or at least did not) not working in Finder was another big annoyance for me.

There were other things that made me go "why is this so complicated?" when I used OS X, but I can't remember any other ones right now.

lol, yeah right. Just like Windows always werks.

My grandpa owns 7 macs for his business and they've never failed. His windows machines have. Macs are more reliable machines. And locking does suck. It sucks on all versions of Linux

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

My grandpa owns 7 macs for his business and they've never failed. His windows machines have.

Nice anecdotal evidence.

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Macs are more reliable machines.

[Citation Needed]

Also, does that include ID ten T errors and PEBKAC issues?

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

And locking does suck. It sucks on all versions of Linux

You do realize that MacOS is not Linux, right? And it does not suck on all versions of GNU/Linux. On Ubuntu for example the default keyboard shortcut (which is on by default) it is ctrl + alt + L (as in, Lock).

It is OK to say that you like a certain thing because that's what you are used to, or you just like it for subjective reasons. What's not OK is to tall bullshit and make claims without evidence.

45 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

My grandpa owns 7 macs for his business and they've never failed.

Not sure about what you're talking about, but nobody in the financial sectors would ever use a Mac. Mostly because they fail alot on non native software. *cough* excel *cough* crashes on data dump *cough* 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Nice anecdotal evidence.

[Citation Needed]

Also, does that include ID ten T errors and PEBKAC issues?

You do realize that MacOS is not Linux, right? And it does not suck on all versions of GNU/Linux. On Ubuntu for example the default keyboard shortcut (which is on by default) it is ctrl + alt + L (as in, Lock).

It is OK to say that you like a certain thing because that's what you are used to, or you just like it for subjective reasons. What's not OK is to tall bullshit and make claims without evidence.

Im going off what people have told me. Ive never owned a mac. I have a pretty unbiased opinion. Im going off what my grandpa, friend, and programmers I know have told me

Spoiler

AXIOM

44 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Im going off what people have told me. Ive never owned a mac. I have a pretty unbiased opinion. Im going off what my grandpa, friend, and programmers I know have told me

I own a Mac. It's only reliable on a) native software b) a few weeks after the updates. In case you haven't heard Macbook software is buggy to the point it can cause hardware damage *cough* fuckin bootcamp *cough*. It's good if you're a graphic designer or on the platform for FCP and Logic Pro, but that's about it. 

Laptop Main

4 minutes ago, Darrenl81 said:

Office is slow and buggy on everything..... 

No? I run it off my Zbook. Almost never had a problem. Have a shit ton of third party plug ins like Bloomblerg and CapIQ and never had a problem. Run it on my mac and it crashes when I try to run my custom VBA multithread plug in. GG Macs. 

Laptop Main

18 minutes ago, Darrenl81 said:

Zenbook right? I've almost always never been able to keep even onenote open on the one I had guess just odd luck

Zbook. LOL Zenbooks are fucking trash. Zbook is the HP's enterprise workstation line.

Laptop Main

24 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

No? I run it off my Zbook. Almost never had a problem. Have a shit ton of third party plug ins like Bloomblerg and CapIQ and never had a problem. Run it on my mac and it crashes when I try to run my custom VBA multithread plug in. GG Macs. 

I've never had office crash on my mac in the last 10 years (nor on windows 7 in the three-ish years I used a windows laptop as my daily driver). I have however had one note crash more times than I can cunt on my surface in the past year (although one note is a different level of shit).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

18 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I've never had office crash on my mac in the last 10 years (nor on windows 7 in the three-ish years I used a windows laptop as my daily driver). I have however had one note crash more times than I can cunt on my surface in the past year (although one note is a different level of shit).

I find it funny that the Mac and Windows RT versions of Office are the most stable by far (my Grandmother loves her 64GB Surface RT-which is understandable as she was using a laptop with a Celeron M 1.6GHz+512MB RAM+60GB HDD when she bought it). Hell, even old versions of Open Office from old magazine discs (pre 2008) are more stable.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

I've never had office crash on my mac in the last 10 years

I don't expect it to crash on basic tasks. But high level access to advanced functions across thousands of lines makes it crash so hard. I've tried to use my Macbook as my daily driver, but nope, can't do it. The stability is not there for high level excel functions. Granted I'm a niche case and very few people will use it, I'm just saying my experience. 

Laptop Main

7 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

You are not unbiased since you are blindly defending them without any evidence to support your claims.

If your grandpa, friends are programmers you know like MacOS, then good for them. It is however not a good idea to just blindly take their side and parrot what they have said when you do not understand what they are talking about or if what they are saying is even true.

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

You are not unbiased since you are blindly defending them without any evidence to support your claims.

If your grandpa, friends are programmers you know like MacOS, then good for them. It is however not a good idea to just blindly take their side and parrot what they have said when you do not understand what they are talking about or if what they are saying is even true.

Im also going off what Ive read online. Thats what they told me, and I trust them. This is also a biased forum toward PCs. Its why people whine if you recommend a Mac even if they recommend an XPS 13

Spoiler

AXIOM

I like everything beside macbooks as they are overpriced and people who use them seem to be senseless and incapable of building a pc - especially the younger audience (12-14)

3 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Im also going off what Ive read online. Thats what they told me, and I trust them. This is also a biased forum toward PCs. Its why people whine if you recommend a Mac even if they recommend an XPS 13

The forum itself is not biased. If more users support PC's, consider them simply more well-informed.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

1 hour ago, BilboSwaggingz said:

I like everything beside macbooks as they are overpriced and people who use them seem to be senseless and incapable of building a pc - especially the younger audience (12-14)

95% of people who use computers (regardless of the brand) are incapable of building a pc.

23 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

The forum itself is not biased. If more users support PC's, consider them simply more well-informed.

Can you say irony? 

That right there is a perfect example of the bias.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Can you say irony? 

Irony.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

5 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Yes, because everyone who talks well about Macs online are very well educated and never lies or misunderstand things. If someone says something positive about a Mac online then it just be true and you will believe it, because you are unbiased!

Hey, did you know that Mc Donalds serves really healthy food? It is the healthiest food ever. My friend told me that, and since I am unbiased I will believe him. I have seen other people online tell me the same thing so it must be true. This forum is really biased because whenever I tell an overweight person that he needs to eat more Mc Donalds because that will make him lose weight I get yelled at. My dad ate home made cook and he got the flue, but when he ate at Mc Donalds the flue went away. Clearly it was the home made food that was the issue.

Come on dude... Your name isn't Polly, right? So stop blindly repeating what others have told you. If you can't even back their claims up with facts then how can you be sure that they are correct?

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Yes, because everyone who talks well about Macs online are very well educated and never lies or misunderstand things. If someone says something positive about a Mac online then it just be true and you will believe it, because you are unbiased!

Hey, did you know that Mc Donalds serves really healthy food? It is the healthiest food ever. My friend told me that, and since I am unbiased I will believe him. I have seen other people online tell me the same thing so it must be true. This forum is really biased because whenever I tell an overweight person that he needs to eat more Mc Donalds because that will make him lose weight I get yelled at. My dad ate home made cook and he got the flue, but when he ate at Mc Donalds the flue went away. Clearly it was the home made food that was the issue.

Come on dude... Your name isn't Polly, right? So stop blindly repeating what others have told you. If you can't even back their claims up with facts then how can you be sure that they are correct?

Im guess I wasnt fully informed, thank you for informing me.

Spoiler

AXIOM