Nvidia shield - Steam library sync?

Laggger164
Go to solution Solved by The Sloth,
11 hours ago, Laggger164 said:

So let me ask the question in a different way. If I buy Half-life 2 on Steam and I will want to play it solely on the tablet. Will I get the Tegra optimized version of that game or am I stuck with Gamestream until I buy Half-life 2 seperately from the App store? (yes they seem to use the Android App store)

well if you get it on steam you have to buy it again for the tablet. unless you want to stream it 

half life 2 has 2 option one for stream another is buying it for tablet 

So I am getting an Nvidia Shield Tablet on Christmas and I was concerned with this: 

Can I play my Steam games on the tablet?

Can I sybchronize the Gamestream library with my Steam library?

I know for a fact that the Shield Tablet can run Half-life 2 on it's own, no gamestream required, no internet required, no nuffin.

When I purchase it on Steam, will I be able to play it on the Shield tablet without paying any extra?

I cannot find any information about it through google, nor through Nvidia forums and not even in this forum.

Thanks for all dem replies!

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yup it can play portal and half life games on its own it has its own version made for Tegra  

OK I know that, but when I buy those on Steam, will I be able to play them on the Tablet?

Just now, Laggger164 said:

OK I know that, but when I buy those on Steam, will I be able to play them on the Tablet?

if you have a compatible Nvidia gpu  and good wifi yes 

12 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if you have a compatible Nvidia gpu  and good wifi yes 

OK then.

The second thing is, if I can run those games on the tablet itself? No internet, no gamestream no nothin'.

EDIT: I mean if I buy those games on Steam, can I play them solely on the tablet without any streaming going on?

Edited by Laggger164

10 hours ago, Laggger164 said:

OK then.

The second thing is, if I can run those games on the tablet itself? No internet, no gamestream no nothin'.

EDIT: I mean if I buy those games on Steam, can I play them solely on the tablet without any streaming going on?

you can play half life or portal but not any game stream without connection the reason being the tablet is powerful but remember its a arm tablet not a gaming pc  

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

you can play half life or portal but not any game stream without connection the reason being the tablet is powerful but remember its a arm tablet not a gaming pc  

So let me ask the question in a different way. If I buy Half-life 2 on Steam and I will want to play it solely on the tablet. Will I get the Tegra optimized version of that game or am I stuck with Gamestream until I buy Half-life 2 seperately from the App store? (yes they seem to use the Android App store)

11 hours ago, Laggger164 said:

well if you get it on steam you have to buy it again for the tablet. unless you want to stream it 

half life 2 has 2 option one for stream another is buying it for tablet 

If it is in your steam library you can only stream it across.

If you want to play without internet then you would have to buy it again through Nvidia or play store

Hello

Nvidia shield uses the google play store to distribute games.

You cannot transfer games purchased on steam to google play.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_