First minITX build

OK, looking to do a build once Dan's case becomes available again. Could use some feed back and help with design or see if there are any issues with capability. I don't mind doing some dremel work to get items to fit. Just need to know if its possible. I know people have been able to get a 1080 to fit but could a 1080 Classified fit?  Also any suggestions on parts to swap out for improvement let me know. I really want to get the best parts I can that will fit.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xfqpzM 

EDIT: Forgot to mention I was thinking of trying to find a way to fully liquid cool the PC. Suggestions would be helpful.

whats your budget I can make something better

The geek himself.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

He said he is going to get a different case, and also why did you include the 1070? He has a 1080 on the list

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

9 minutes ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

He said he is going to get a different case, and also why did you include the 1070? He has a 1080 on the list

oh shit did i pick the 1070

The geek himself.

53 minutes ago, SekkNova said:

OK, looking to do a build once Dan's case becomes available again. Could use some feed back and help with design or see if there are any issues with capability. I don't mind doing some dremel work to get items to fit. Just need to know if its possible. I know people have been able to get a 1080 to fit but could a 1080 Classified fit?  Also any suggestions on parts to swap out for improvement let me know. I really want to get the best parts I can that will fit.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xfqpzM 

EDIT: Forgot to mention I was thinking of trying to find a way to fully liquid cool the PC. Suggestions would be helpful.

It's possible that any 5" wide graphics card won't fit due to the PCIe cables not fitting into the side plugs. The standard size is 4". The problem is that every AIB seems to be wanting to throw out 5" wide cards to support their massive cooling systems even if the GPU doesn't really need it.

As far as I know, EVGA's FTW, Classified, and MSI's Gaming X are 5" wide cards. Most likely any AIB's card with a large custom cooler (like ASUS's STRIX and Gigabyte's WindForce) is a 5" wide card.

EDIT: I think ASUS solved the PCIe plug fitting problem by having the plugs in a cutout of the PCB. EVGA also has that thing to make it so you can fit the plugs from the rear of the card but I don't know how much clearance you still have for that.

Sorry about that, here is a new build I made you with a 1080 this time https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xX7Gbj

I don't recommend fully watercooling your pc, as in soft line or hard line. Just because of either corrosion or leaks.

The geek himself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also looking to watercool the A4 when I can get one. Best of luck to you. 

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

Thanks for the replies this gives me plenty of information to look over.

@SekkNova

Being compact case enthuasist also I think you might able to fit trick 120mm radiator in there if you replace PSU with U1 power supply instead of SFF. Like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438031. For reservoir I think alphacool had a super small reservoir, it looks like just a fitting manifold. Also if 120mm radiator doesn't fit there is 2x80mm double thick radiator made by Alphacool.

Definitely doable to fit full custom watercooling into Dan Cases

The 1U power supply is a neat idea one I am able to get the Dan Cases I will buy one to see if I can get it to work.