Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ermu

Budget Mid Tower Case

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, I'm looking for Mid Tower ATX or mATX case that's under $75 and has the following features:

 

4 USB ports (2x 3.0, 2x 2.0)

Good looking side-panel and good cable management

at least 2 5.25 drive bays, hidden 3.5 and 2.5 bays

2 front fans and 2 top fans and optional bottom or side fan

can support watercooling (but this is the least priority)

comes in black and red color

 

I'm a little picky but I would appreciate it if you guys have any suggestion for a case that has majority (or all, I would love it!) of these features.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the NZXT s340 comes with most of what you are looking for, but you will only have 2 USB ports.

Maybe give it a look

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ermu said:

Hello, I'm looking for Mid Tower ATX or mATX case that's under $75 and has the following features:

 

4 USB ports (2x 3.0, 2x 2.0)

Good looking side-panel and good cable management

at least 2 5.25 drive bays, hidden 3.5 and 2.5 bays

2 front fans and 2 top fans and optional bottom or side fan

can support watercooling (but this is the least priority)

comes in black and red color

 

I'm a little picky but I would appreciate it if you guys have any suggestion for a case that has majority (or all, I would love it!) of these features.

Thanks

NOPE black and red I'M OUT!!!!

 

Also S340 has no 5.25" bays.

 

Fractal has the Define R5 if you can find it on a deal in that price range, but not much these days has 5.25" bays AND hidden mounts for drives. Usually 5.25" bays mean drives in the front beside the mobo. So there's still a compromise there.

 

So, if you are willing to compromise on some of these requirements, I can try and find you something. May I ask what those bays are for, why you want the drives hidden, and what things you may be willing to sacrifice??

 

Also why black and red... It's SOOOO overdone. I'll accept if you want it, but I'm still gonna be salty.


Main Gaming Rig: i7-7700K @ 5.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 2400, Modded Corsair 280x Case, Full Soft Watercooling
Second Testbench Rig: i7-4770K @ 4.6 GHz, RX 580 (air cooled), 16GB DDR3 1866, Thermaltake Core P3 White TG, CPU Soft Watercooling

Third Server Rig: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Fractal Core 500, Full Soft Watercooling

Fourth LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ AGESA pls, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

Fifth Router Rig: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler
 

I don't have a problem...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, tarfeef101 said:

NOPE black and red I'M OUT!!!!

 

Also S340 has no 5.25" bays.

 

Fractal has the Define R5 if you can find it on a deal in that price range, but not much these days has 5.25" bays AND hidden mounts for drives. Usually 5.25" bays mean drives in the front beside the mobo. So there's still a compromise there.

 

So, if you are willing to compromise on some of these requirements, I can try and find you something. May I ask what those bays are for, why you want the drives hidden, and what things you may be willing to sacrifice??

 

Also why black and red... It's SOOOO overdone. I'll accept if you want it, but I'm still gonna be salty.

Hey forgive me man, it's my first build and I find black and red appealing haha. 

I still wanna use 5.25 bays for burning and stuff. Now I'm wondering if there's any case with removable 5.25 bays.

 

For the 3.5 and 2.5 drive bays, I like them at the same level as the PSU or side mounted like the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv did but I think I can compromise regarding that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ermu said:

Hey forgive me man, it's my first build and I find black and red appealing haha. 

I still wanna use 5.25 bays for burning and stuff. Now I'm wondering if there's any case with removable 5.25 bays.

 

For the 3.5 and 2.5 drive bays, I like them at the same level as the PSU or side mounted like the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv did but I think I can compromise regarding that.

But why do you need 2? I ask because some cases come with only 2 USB ports, but 2 bays. the second bay can be used for an expansion card for USB ports, drive mounting, etc.


Main Gaming Rig: i7-7700K @ 5.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 2400, Modded Corsair 280x Case, Full Soft Watercooling
Second Testbench Rig: i7-4770K @ 4.6 GHz, RX 580 (air cooled), 16GB DDR3 1866, Thermaltake Core P3 White TG, CPU Soft Watercooling

Third Server Rig: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Fractal Core 500, Full Soft Watercooling

Fourth LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ AGESA pls, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

Fifth Router Rig: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler
 

I don't have a problem...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

So, I have found the case that I have been looking for (has most of the above features at least). I believe it is only available here in the Philippines and other SEA countries so I haven't stumbled on it on Newegg when I was scouting for cases. The price is also budget-friendly, around $55-ish. I dunno about the build quality though but I'll take it anyway.

 

Here it is! (in case that some of you might be interested too)

 

http://www.tecwareph.com/titan

 

http://www.tecwareph.com/alpha

 

Also, I'm starting to like black and white designs more than the black and red. :P So, you can stop being salty now, tarfeef101 hahaha.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×