Toyota Prius Prime Advanced 2017 Unboxing

Thanks to Toyota for sponsoring this video! Learn more about their new 2017 Prius Prime at http://toyota.us/2gJpbVK

So, Toyota decided to give us an exclusive look at one of the FIRST production models or their new 2017 Prius Prime... Let's give it the good ol' LTT treatment :D

Every time I see a Prius, I'm reminded of Jeff Dunham, Walter and what was said about them....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Did you know when you put your hand out the window they tuuuuuuuurn?

That's not a car, its a lunch box.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

How do you unbox it if it doesn't come in a box?

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

13 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

That's not a car, its a lunch box.

Love Jeff Dunham. xD

18 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Did you know when you put your hand out the window they tuuuuuuuurn?

"It goes: IIIIIIIIIIIIII'm gay" is my favorite I'd say. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I really didn't like the video. It was a car commercial that LTT tried to make feel like another tech video but it was crazy produced by the guys at Toyota. It not only felt like a car commercial but it looked like one too. This was the worst thing LTT has done in a long time. And please understand I haaaaaaate that I just said that because I love LTT so fucking much. It was just way waayyy too commercial-y for me. 

Edit - A user by the name of "PutUsernameHere" posted a comment that I think sums up how I feel about this post. Let me paste it here. 

thier are soo many dislikes on the video lmao.

you should have put this on that new channel you wanted to do where you just read the sponsor script xD.

All major manufacturers would use computational fluid dynamics to design the aerodynamics of their car. Is that surprising? 

I didn't like the video. First off Linus isnt a car guy and you can definitely tell second LinusTechTips isnt a car channel. No matter how much tech a car has it's just not something any of us are going to buy.

Ugh. 3 of the pool cars at work are Priuses... I got stuck in them a few times. Damn things are utter junk except for MPG. If I wanted absolutely insane MPG I'd probably go for the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq.

I would like to see a good tech review of the car.  With some real information as I am interested in the kind of technology in this kind of vehicles. The video however was just a long TV add.

I am sorry to say that I didn't like the video, it was just uninformative, too much acting trying to be funny and 0 nearly 0 actual content. I understand that Linus is not a Car guy, but reviewing in depth the interface of the Prius as well as giving some thought about the car seen from an "utilitarian-car" point of view would have been much more interesting.

This was a lame video. Really boring. Didn't see the "good ol' LTT treatment " at all.

He drives a pink honda civic. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

What I think is gonna happen:

1. Toyota sees the dislikes on the video
  2. In a post advertisement meeting they discuss why the advertisement failed
  3. Linus tells them that it sucked because he didn't get to write the script to appeal to HIS audience.
  4. Toyota either decides to never do an advertisement with LTT again, or they give Linus more advertisement freedom.

But can it run crysis?

And yes this is just a normal car advertisement with Linus presenting the car. Funny, but no tech in it.

19 minutes ago, Leetee said:

This was a lame video. Really boring. Didn't see the "good ol' LTT treatment " at all.

He drives a pink honda civic. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

What I think is gonna happen:

1. Toyota sees the dislikes on the video
  2. In a post advertisement meeting they discuss why the advertisement failed
  3. Linus tells them that it sucked because he didn't get to write the script to appeal to HIS audience.
  4. Toyota either decides to never do an advertisement with LTT again, or they give Linus more advertisement freedom.

I don't think Toyota will be willing to lend him a review unit. I don't even think anyone from LMG will be objective enough to review a car because none of them are car enthusiasts.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

The diegesis emitted from this talkie leaves somewhat of an unpleasing taste due to the nonconformity of genera elements typically associated with computer content focused YouTube channels.

I get that the make-over was part of the skit but damn they cleaned Linus up. The difference is pretty crazy, hair especially. Bet your wife wants you to start doing car commercials for a living.

My only complaint about this video is that I knew nothing much of the Prius before watching it, and still know nearly nothing about it. You touched on some technical topics but there wasn't even enough to make me want to research them, not to mention explaining them outright.  On a channel by you guys for videos like this called your "honest reviews" or whatever, I would like this video. On this channel? Not enough content to justify it as anything more than an ad.  

As @thebrian said, a really sad video.. It was just a toyota add featuring linus

Sold my build..