Unusually Slow Boot Times With SSD

Claude Brown
Don't worry, the internet told me what I needed to know. The loss in performance may have been due to me installing Windows several times on the drive; I was getting boot errors at first and then I realized that it may have been the other drive, that was currently installed, causing me problems. I will try a secure erase and then re-install Windows. Hopefully this will fix it. One thing to note: My computer, sometimes, turns itself on at night. Any ideas? I've already changed the 'scheduled updates' settings, but it has not worked. Again, thanks everyone for your time.
You probably enabled the "wake system from S5" setting in the bios. You can find it by going into the bios and then go to the power settings.

use the correct SATA headers on the motherboard

update the drivers in device manager or download from the manu' website

click start

type in msconfig

go to boot

click preferences

chenge the number of cores to 6 or whatever your cpu is at, mines a hex core and my default was 2 cores, after changing to 6 the boot times almost halved.

Thanks for the help Reconciliasion but, that didn't help me unfortunately. Also, I will check my BIOS now for such a setting.

After secure erasing my SSD and then re-installing Windows, I noticed a dramatic difference in boot times until... I installed the driver for my 'Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver . Is it possible that this could be the cause of my slowed boot times? This is the only software related change in my system, since I was using my last SSD for my main drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so that my post doesn't continuously get pushed to the bottom of the list; I would like to say that my issue is still ongoing and I am yet to find a plausible solution to my, mysterious, problem. If anyone is still out there, I would really appreciate some more help pertaining my slow boot times.