How to get rid of black bars?

xmodex

I just got asus 348q, and when i connect it through hdmi with my laptop the screen displays black bars and the max resolution allowed for it is 1920x1080 even though the monitor is 3440x1440 and basically im left with black bars, how to get rid of them>?

i wanna play it in full screen but have problems, anyone know?

What laptop do you have? it might only be able to output 1920x1080

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Your laptop probably can't support outputs higher than 1080. Most don't.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

In what mode did you set your secondary monitor? Tinker with 'Windows + P' and check if any of the options make difference.

16 minutes ago, Yoola said:

In what mode did you set your secondary monitor? Tinker with 'Windows + P' and check if any of the options make difference.

Hmm i've been trying to get it to work it just doesnt work the black bars are there, if i play with the resolutions i get an even smaller centered area and black is all around the asus monitor, i guess ill just have to wait till my other pc parts come in xD

1 hour ago, Gravemind said:

Your laptop probably can't support outputs higher than 1080. Most don't.

No joke, I have a laptop with an i7 2630QM inside of it and if you connect it over HDMI to my 1440p display it HANGS.  If you try to power it on connected to that screen it won't POST.  Disconnect it or alternatively hook it into any 1080p or lower screen and it's fine.

On 11/29/2016 at 11:57 PM, RKRiley said:

What laptop do you have? it might only be able to output 1920x1080

dell xps 17 l702x, but i tried it with my gf's mac and it worked full screen,

think my dell probably doesnt support it higher resolutions idk, anyway all of my pc components are here just waiting for the cooler and ill be building it over the weekend : )