Does anyone use bluetooth headphones for PC gaming?

Hello!

Does anyone use bluetooth headphones for PC gaming? I'm not interested all those wireless "GAMING" headsets, just want superb sound and I don't need mic. 

I'm aware that those bluetooth headphones that support AptX audio codec compression algorithm or/and AptX Low Latency are supposed to be way better than any wireless headset in terms of sound quality (I'm talking about proven audio equipment manufacturers like Sennheiser, Bose, Sony, Bowers&Wilkins etc.) or I'm totally clueless?

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

4 minutes ago, Tic-Tac said:

Hello!

Does anyone use bluetooth headphones for PC gaming? I'm not interested all those wireless "GAMING" headsets, just want superb sound and I don't need mic. 

I'm aware that those bluetooth headphones that support AptX audio codec compression algorithm or/and AptX Low Latency are supposed to be way better than any wireless headset in terms of sound quality (I'm talking about proven audio equipment manufacturers like Sennheiser, Bose, Sony, Bowers&Wilkins etc.) or I'm totally clueless?

I use the Logitech G930's...  And I love it.  It gives me better battery life than Bluetooth headsets, sounds better (unless you're willing to spend like $400), and gives me at least 2x the range.

Sure, you can use them and I'm actually looking to get some for my notebook myself.  Its just I really don't care for any of them and I don't plan on looking at it.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I have owned a pair of G930's.... And I hated them. They would randomly disconnect and after 10 seconds would reconnect. This happened about once every hour and after trying for 6 months I gave up.

I have found it is kinda a mixed bag where my bother who got a set absolutely loved them where my boss also got a set and he has the same opinion as myself.

I also tried the corsair option and also had issues.    

I'm afraid to swear now because the overlords might hurt me. 

20 minutes ago, Captain_France said:

I have owned a pair of G930's.... And I hated them. They would randomly disconnect and after 10 seconds would reconnect. This happened about once every hour and after trying for 6 months I gave up.

I have found it is kinda a mixed bag where my bother who got a set absolutely loved them where my boss also got a set and he has the same opinion as myself.

I also tried the corsair option and also had issues.    

The G930's operate on the channel 11 band of the 2.4ghz frequency...  make sure you're router isn't set to "auto search" so it doesn't clog that channel.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

So no one is using those more expensive bluetooth headphones for PC? Only gamer headsets

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

3 hours ago, Tic-Tac said:

So no one is using those more expensive bluetooth headphones for PC? Only gamer headsets

Simply because bluetooth sucks ass.

If you want some of the best wireless headphones that is made for PC, then look at the Sennheiser RS line up. Pretty much the only wireless line up I can stand behind (and I am not even a fan of the "sennheiser sound", I like AKG more.)

The AKG K912 were also very good in audio quality, but they have some connection issues, so I would stay away from them.

Also I don't know about you, but I can hear a clear difference between bluetooth and wired. I have done blind testing with some of the higher end B&W headphones (the P7) and the bass always gave it away, the highs also gave it away, just not as much IMO.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

• 1 year later...

Bluetooth causes a lot of delay so don't do it.