Turns out Garry Newman wasn't aware that mods on console are a thing now. Could be a reason why we haven't seen Rust or Garry's mod on Consoles yet.

@Mizzy_Lone no plans.. modding is a thing on consoles?

- @garrynewman
Link to the Tweet

gmod on console, lol idk why but that doesn't seem fitting to me 

Everyone should own a vive.

Just now, huilun02 said:

Cross platform CSGO needs to be a thing.

You can do it Garry.

its killing itself slowly, i see what hapaned to TF2 this year comming to CS in a year or so...

19 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

gmod on console, lol idk why but that doesn't seem fitting to me 

they would melt after 5 props xD my computer can have problems when you start to really do stuff on it and its pretty good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

its killing itself slowly, i see what hapaned to TF2 this year comming to CS in a year or so...

they would melt after 5 props xD my computer can have problems when you start to really do stuff on it and its pretty good

eh, usally its just too many props = server lag. but yeah a person spawning the garbage can prop then shooting it (that makes it so it cant be deleted and the prop is still there) doing that over and over will surely crash everyone's ps4/xbone

god i miss the days of gmod trolling, sadly im banned from 90% of rp servers so thats why i dont play it anymore xD 

the ones im not banned from have no staff (so dead servers still being paid for) and its full of minges so thats not fun xD 

Everyone should own a vive.

I never see that happening.

For a start, Gmod core updates tend to severely break almost every game mode, every damn time.

It's those that make the game modes whom are responsible for fixing it, some developers will fix it in a few days, but majority can be waiting upwards of a week to months(Even for popular modes).

And these issues can be so severe game modes will NOT be playable.

To list a few i've had to deal with and fix in the past:

-Updates screwing with hitboxes

-Spawn system being completely destroyed

-VGUI rework destroying most gamemodes UIs

-Models being replaced, cause giant errors

-Functions changed without barely any notes, causing huge issues

To list a few...

EDIT: Also gmod controls on a controller? HAHAHAHAHA good fucking luck.

EDIT 2: I remember when they updated and broken the AddWorkshop.ID command for grabbing resources from workshop packs, multiple years ago. It's still broken to today and most servers come with a literal player made band-aid to fix it.

On 11/29/2016 at 1:56 AM, NovusBal said:

I never see that happening.

For a start, Gmod core updates tend to severely break almost every game mode, every damn time.

It's those that make the game modes whom are responsible for fixing it, some developers will fix it in a few days, but majority can be waiting upwards of a week to months(Even for popular modes).

And these issues can be so severe game modes will NOT be playable.

To list a few i've had to deal with and fix in the past:

-Updates screwing with hitboxes

-Spawn system being completely destroyed

-VGUI rework destroying most gamemodes UIs

-Models being replaced, cause giant errors

-Functions changed without barely any notes, causing huge issues

To list a few...

EDIT: Also gmod controls on a controller? HAHAHAHAHA good fucking luck.

EDIT 2: I remember when they updated and broken the AddWorkshop.ID command for grabbing resources from workshop packs, multiple years ago. It's still broken to today and most servers come with a literal player made band-aid to fix it.

I could see Garry's Mod working with a controller. Problem is the only game on the Source engine save for Titanfall that's actually done controller right is Left 4 Dead and L4D2.

I don't see GMod in general coming to consoles, however.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.