Why is Corsair RM series Bad?

ViruZ_HUN

what about Seasonic platinum 1000? 

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

i like the cooler master one, seasonic have a bit strange coulors ontop of the PSU, and EVGAs PSUs skin looks like some old oven

I personally would go for Seasonic X 1050 Watt, seasonic is big player in OEM and it also received numerous 10 in durability from jonnyguru.

Sorry for earlier mate.

Does it work if you just unplug it and plug it back in?

nope, must change to different plug.

so between these AX series and AX I series only the corsair link is the difference?

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

nope, must change to different plug.

its the socket not your psu

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

ViruZ_HUN, on 29 Oct 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:ViruZ_HUN, on 29 Oct 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

so between these AX series and AX I series only the corsair link is the difference?

The OEm is different. The AXi is made bby Flextronic while the AX is made by Seasonic. And yet the corsair link is the only difference between those two series. Both are really good but imho the higher pricetag for the AXi really isn't that worth spending for over the AX series.

Goldilock, on 29 Oct 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:Goldilock, on 29 Oct 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

I personally would go for Seasonic X 1050 Watt, seasonic is big player in OEM and it also received numerous 10 in durability from jonnyguru.

Sorry for earlier mate.

The Cooler Master V series psu is made by Seasonic too btw

ViruZ_HUN, on 29 Oct 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:ViruZ_HUN, on 29 Oct 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

what about Seasonic platinum 1000? 

If you have the budget and like the aesthetics, I  would suggest just go for it..

i like the cooler master one, seasonic have a bit strange coulors ontop of the PSU, and EVGAs PSUs skin looks like some old oven

Personally, I go with the EVGA, as you could get it for $160 after MIR. It also have a 10 year warranty too.

But if you like the CoolerMaster, then I would go with that as well. It's based on the Seasonic KM3 design but with a better FDB fan. I would choose it over the Seasonic XP-1000 as well.

its the socket not your psu

That's not the PSU thats your wall socket.

Really? My old PC worked fine using the same socket....hmmm...will try PC in a different room then.

If you have the budget and like the aesthetics, I  would suggest just go for it..

what do you mean by "Aestheics"D?

"concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty."

"pleasing in appearance"

You said you don't like how the EVGA and Seasonic X 1050w looks, so you don't find them to be aesthetically pleasing like you do with the Seasonic XP-1000 and CM v1000.

Really? My old PC worked fine using the same socket....hmmm...will try PC in a different room then.

your pc could be pulling too much for the socket to handle

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

"concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty."

"pleasing in appearance"

You said you don't like how the EVGA and Seasonic X 1050w looks, so you don't find them to be aesthetically pleasing like you do with the Seasonic XP-1000 and CM v1000.

i was talking about Seasonic platinum 1000.. i like the look of that. 

i was talking about Seasonic platinum 1000.. i like the look of that. 

That's what I said. You like the look of the XP-1000. It cost $30 USD more than the V1000 though if you are from the US. There's also a $25 MIR, so I would go with that. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171078

Also, if aesthetics is a concern, the cables of the CM V1000 is all black, while the SS XP-1000 is multi-colored.

That's what I said. You like the look of the XP-1000. It cost $30 USD more than the V1000 though if you are from the US. There's also a $25 MIR, so I would go with that. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171078

i live in sweden, its cost 94 USD more then V1000 in sweden, does not really hurt my budget. So if it is good i go with that

Sorry a bit OT but does my AX 850 have these "crap" caps?

I don't want to buy a new PSU in atleast 50000 hours :(

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Sorry a bit OT but does my AX 850 have these "crap" caps?

I don't want to buy a new PSU in atleast 50000 hours :(

No. Your AX850 is a solid high-end PSU with high-quality Nippon Chemi-Con caps. You don't have anything to worry about with your PSU.

ViruZ_HUN, on 29 Oct 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

Well,it's not fully black.But it goes really well with a grey themed build. I personally like the colour. 

well my budget say yes to seasonic platinum 1000...

Just saw 780s Power connector. It needs 8+6 pin connectors. i dont really know if i find it on a seasonic platinum 1000?

Go with whatever you want then.

V1000 is a Seasonic KM3 design like 2nd generation of SS Platinum (the XP 1000 is first gen). The difference in electrical performance is marginal. It can do platinum efficiency despite being rated as Gold, has a cleaner internal design, higher-quality FDB fan from Protechnic for longevity and noise, and all black cables. Interestingly enough, there's a discussion on it at Jonnyguru: http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10275

It's all cheaper as well. One benefit of the XP-1000 though is that it has a "hybrid mode" switch that allow you to used it as a semi-passive PSU, where the fan doesn't spin at lower loads, so it would be quieter at those loads. If you feel that the XP1000 is worth the $94 USD (or 600 SEK I believe), then get it. It's not a bad power supply.

Edit: the XP-1000 has six 6+2 pin connectors. So connectivity-wise, it can support three 780.

Go with whatever you want then.

V1000 is a Seasonic KM3 design like 2nd generation of SS Platinum (the XP 1000 is first gen). The difference in electrical performance is marginal. It can do platinum efficiency despite being rated as Gold, has a cleaner internal design, higher-quality FDB fan from Protechnic for longevity and noise, and all black cables. Interestingly enough, there's a discussion on it at Jonnyguru: http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10275

It's all cheaper as well. One benefit of the XP-1000 though is that it has a "hybrid mode" switch that allow you to used it as a semi-passive PSU, where the fan doesn't spin at lower loads, so it would be quieter at those loads. If you feel that the XP1000 is worth the $94 USD (or 600 SEK I believe), then get it. It's not a bad power supply.

Edit: the XP-1000 has six 6+2 pin connectors. So connectivity-wise, it can support three 780.

I saw newegs unboxing on that PSU: and he showed on one cable there is 2x 6 pin and 2x 2 pin. So i dont really understand how they write the specs if reviews shows other

I saw newegs unboxing on that PSU: and he showed on one cable there is 2x 6 pin and 2x 2 pin. So i dont really understand how they write the specs if reviews shows other

http://youtu.be/hxn_TwNVS4Q?t=6m57s

There's three modular cables for the PEG connectors. Each has two 6+2 pin PEG connectors and totaling up to six 6+2 pin. He also stated that it has support for three graphic cards with dual 8-pin connectors.

That +2 pin can be attach to the 6 pin to form a 8 pin connector if that's what you are confused about.

http://youtu.be/hxn_TwNVS4Q?t=6m57s

There's three modular cables for the PEG connectors. Each has two 6+2 pin PEG connectors and totaling up to six 6+2 pin. He also stated that it has support for three graphic cards with dual 8-pin connectors.

That +2 pin can be attach to the 6 pin to form a 8 pin connector if that's what you are confused about.

Oh i understand:DD