Badass futuristic looking Anti Drone Gun can take down a drone from more than a mile away

Pew Pew Pew

DroneShield_Footage_Stills09_Final%20(1)

Some of you might have seen this already, Anyways,  A company called DroneShield Based in Sydney and Virginia have made a badass loking anti-drone 'weapon' or tool that can take down a drone from a very moderate distance/range that can reduce damage & neutralize target before it comes in close range to be a  serious threat

Fun fact : Sh**s Illegal at this moment as it hasnt been approved by Government officials for field usage by civilians , It's not FCC-certified , making it illegally to operate one in the US (Ooooh Miss Jackson) Unless it's specified from the US  Government for its official use(it means Yup they have stocks of this) Soon hollywood officials will be operating these

So far we'ce seen systems like  a larger drone with a net that catches the mini drone, Even a falcon that's been trained to catch them, this has been like a really good ergonomic & futuristic looking solution i've see so far

With Drone shield Devastating grave threats like these can be terminated with ease

the-artist-who-turned-his-dead-cat-into-

485912_1280x720.jpg

blackmagic-micro-cinema-camera-2015-04-1

1475010127342449297.jpg

DroneGun provides a safe countermeasure against a wide range of drone models. It allows for a controlled management of drone payload such as explosives, with no damage to common drones models or surrounding environment due to the drones generally responding via a vertical controlled landing on the spot, or returning back to the starting point (assisting to track the operator).

This kinda reminded me of this scene from The Dark Knight Rises

em-100000924-orig.jpg

Spoiler

Benefits of DroneGun tactical drone jammer:

• Effective coverage: Allows for an up to 2km coverage, in a wide range of environmental conditions
  • Portable: Rifle shape with a backpack, one person operation
  • Easy to use: no technical training for set up or use required
  • Immediate video cease: immediately ceases video transmission back to the drone operator
  • Enables investigation: drone remains intact and available for forensic investigation

The system is made for portability & can be carried & deployed & handled by a single user, power source can be placed inside a backpack , Like other anti drone tech , it works as a signal jammer that disables drone signals (including GPS and GLONASS positioning) from as far as upto 1.2 miles away. The system weighs around 13 pounds , so it's not light by any means , it either disables or activates go home function where it returns to the drown owner & potentially identifying the culprit , the jammer doesn't suddenly disable the drone & make it crash but lets it glide down to land safely so it can be inspected later by forensics

result%20(1).pngDS_161121_0878_opt_0.png

The system in combination with this drone detector in a field is very efficient & effective tool

longrange_0.jpg

We design detection systems that use highly specialized technology to achieve levels of precision and sensitivity that are not possible with other methods

DroneShield responds to the growing use of consumer drones for unethical purposes, and the resulting need for effective countermeasures to drone intrusions. We developed our products with the belief that the first step to protection from drones is detecting them. With DroneShield, we aim to help public and private sector customers take proactive measures against airborne threats to safety, security, and privacy. 

Heres the Cheezy Ad Demo Video

The system can come in handy for law enforcement & soldiers in the field that deal with things like drugs smuggling & eavesdropping & potential threat package from afar without it being a risk , Very useful near airports, private events, hostile places & borders

Post Your thoughts & critisims in the comments down below

Sources:

https://www.droneshield.com/dronegun

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/28/droneshield-anti-drone-gun/

Details separate people.

Cool

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

You know what has amazon really become this big of a threat

My life

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

What about amazon they can be considered a threat right can i shoot them down

What about the Russians or the Canadians

My life

guess its time to watch the skies for drones, might get some good loot

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I do like the practical aesthetic a lot, but is it by any means possible to design it like a sci-fi rail gun?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

So they made a gun that disables all of a potentially deadly flying vehicle's positioning systems... What could possibly go wrong?

This is analogous to throwing a tarp onto a runaway car's windshield so that the driver can't see where they are going.

Also consider that many drones (and other RC flying things) will continue to operate on the last known instruction instead of landing, thus turning what could've been a relatively safe flight with a human operator controlling the vehicle into a dangerous one, sending the vehicle off into who knows what.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

The annoying thing is if this got in Civilians hands they would take down drones that are just casually being used. Some people use them badly yes but most people just fly them around

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

How long until we get the EMP handgun from Splinter Cell?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I mean, with the right software, you don't need GPS/human interaction to land where it took off. The drone could just keep track of the list of inputs that it was sent (move forward 50 feet, large bank 80 degree right turn 30 feet, change altitude to 400 feet) and just either do them all in reverse, or just, since its position is always in 3D cardinal space, just keep adding the vectors together. and you can add accelerometers/camera+object tracking to the mix to make it more accurate. 

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

51 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

I mean, with the right software, you don't need GPS/human interaction to land where it took off. The drone could just keep track of the list of inputs that it was sent (move forward 50 feet, large bank 80 degree right turn 30 feet, change altitude to 400 feet) and just either do them all in reverse, or just, since its position is always in 3D cardinal space, just keep adding the vectors together. and you can add accelerometers/camera+object tracking to the mix to make it more accurate. 

Except, those aren't instructions, they are measurements. Yes, technically, with a gyroscope and accelerometer, you can figure out where you are, but drift, especially with the acceleromter, will be a big deal, and on longer flights you are extremely unlikely to return to where you began.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

3 hours ago, Himommies said:

You know what has amazon really become this big of a threat

Could be a really good way to score a free pizza or a 1080ti xD

3 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

How long until we get the EMP handgun from Splinter Cell?

This.  I want this.  ?

5 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

The annoying thing is if this got in Civilians hands they would take down drones that are just casually being used. Some people use them badly yes but most people just fly them around

Can confirm, I am a civilian and would use this to shoot any and all drones I see. I'm a little bummed out it doesn't turn the drone off so it smashes into the ground though.

Yeah that sounds great. Just point it at an airport and yell Allahu Ackbar, and you will get a billion dollars and a penthouse in Saudi. Sounds like a great idea. What could possibly go wrong?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 hours ago, SeriousDad69 said:

Can confirm, I am a civilian and would use this to shoot any and all drones I see. I'm a little bummed out it doesn't turn the drone off so it smashes into the ground though.

You do know that is illegal correct

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Yay. Hopefully those ignorant twats which bought drones can stop their obsession with them and come back to earth. Get it? Back to earth since it's in the air :D.....

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The guy that takes down the drone in the video is way too proud of himself.  We need a drone that sucks the gun out of his hands when he tries to take it down.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

if this just stops their positioning systems it wont stop quadcopters in a fully manual mode. Racing quads or simple drones (manual control assisted by a gyro for instance) will be unaffected. 

And if someone makes an advanced drone that does not use gps nor remote control (camera for tracking + ai for control?) no jammer will stop them.

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.