Does it really help?

I run two programs on all my pcs... well 3 sorry. World community grid, Rosetta@home and GPUgrid. Am i really helping? i have lots of computing power in some of the machines but i always wonder if these projects really accomplish anything or they just....try and get nowhare?. Just curious is all 

While I can't talk abou Roseta or GPUGrid, WCG definitely helps. Take the Clean Energy subproject: literally anyone can register in the site and take a look at the results of each sanned molecule. For other projects, there are regular updates that you can check out as well.

It's not as if simply running a problem would solve anything on it's own. We still need researchers to look at the data gathered and say "oh, I get it now!" and then develop something new. But that can only happen if the data is actually there to even be looked at in the first place! And that's what we strive for, making sure that such data exists.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

interesting, because if i can actually help just by letting my pc do stuff when i'm alseep or out then i'm fine with that.