worst linux distributions

Theres a lot of posts about which linux/alternative to use. I just watched this video.

Lets list the worst distribution failures

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Ubuntu is the worst, it's not completely open source and it has disk/trust issues 

Just now, IAmLamp said:

Ubuntu is the worst, it's not completely open source and it has disk/trust issues 

the number one linux server running on Azure?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I installed Elementery OS once, tried Ctrl Alt T to open Terminal, didn't work and tried looking manual but too long so I removed it. Yes I removed it because I could not open Terminal with a shortcut

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

That was a good laugh I needed that.

As for worst distro, I remember trying a version of redhat in the late 90's that was horribly un-stable

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

there was one 

feminist os

--

https://gitlab.com/femsf/toleranux

Absolutely no coding experience is necessary: all code are equal in the eyes of the Feminist Software Foundation. There is no objective way to determine whether one person's code is better than another's. In light of this fact, all submitted code will be equally accepted. However, marginalized groups, such as wom*n and trans* will be given priority in order to make up for past discrimination. Simply submit a pull request for any submission, whether code, artwork, or even irrelevant bits — nothing is irrelevant in the grand struggle for a Truly Tolerant UNIX-ike Kernel!

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Privileges, Root, and Empowerment The concept of separate privileges for separate users is outdated, obsolete, and dangerously feudal for our modern society. Multi-user operating systems may have served its purpose in history, but it is time to shed off the past and stand on The Correct Side of History — it is time for a Truly Equal OS, it is time for a Time-Sharing OS to share resources fairly. To this end ToleranUX shall implement an environment where administrative privileges are strictly prohibited. Gone is the superuser — all users are now equal in privilege. In traditional systems this manoeuvre would cause mayhem as there will be no protection against malicious users abusing their power and privileges. To combat this, ToleranUX implements a pan-kernel daemon that checks the privilege of every user during every kernel tick to ensure that no privilege abuse is done. In fact, the only operation that a user can do with their privilege is to check it, ensuring that no societal power abuse can ever be possible. By implementing this Truly Equal environment, we also have an added bonus: Privilege Escalation is no longer possible, rendering ToleranUX a Truly Secure OS. Users coming from a particularly oppressed background (e.g. Women in Tech living in the United States of America) may even evoke the --with-empowerment when creating their user accounts. Doing so will elevate their user to the same privilege as the micro-aggressional kernel daemons, allowing them to ban other users from the safespace of ToleranUX.

FEMFS Directories imply hierarchy — there will be no directories in FEMFS. Instead, a "tag based" file "pool" is instated where all files co-exist in the same level of privilege. In other words, "Everything is a File, and every File is in a Semantic Filesystem."

Filetypes are passé. Who are we to affix the magic number label to files when they are created and claim that they are so for their lifespan in our computers? A .png file may identify as a .epub file for all its merits. It is simply not right to categorise. Shall a user complain that he/she/xe cannot open a file because he/she/xe expects a certain format, (e.g. trying to parse a LaTeX-identifying DOCX with vim and failing,) the kernel reduces the allocated processing power to the user by half.

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

all of them becase its not windows /s

get out

5 minutes ago, themctipers said:

it is time for a Truly Equal OS

the more i read the more i think the whole thing is a troll on feminism

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

11 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

it's the one getting the idealist neckbeards in a wad the most :D

--

beyond that, there's a few REALLY bad ones out there, beyond the idea or the person behind it, just recently i found a linux distro that was literally a kernel with math.random() packages installed on it. there was a combination of two taskbars interfering with each other, so i couldnt click either one.

also, how is there "disk" issues in ubuntu?

get out

haha it is.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

it's a "practical joke" along the lines of hanna montana linux, justin bieber linux, ubuntu satanic edition, ubuntu christina edition, and the like.

it's main purpose is to explain in a comical form why these "feminists" (by the way, if you fall in the group i'm referring to and call yourself a feminist, please go look up what feminism means first...) and their views on "true equality" simply have no idea that what they're trying to achieve is simply a bloated crapshow that will never work, and hierarchy exists for a reason.

get out

I will not,

Everyone should own a vive.

There's also this, and there's also Apartheid Linux.

I mean, one is literally unusable outside of one nation, the other is for white supremacists. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Bebian? Hannah Montana Linux? Rebecca Black OS? Ubuntu Christian/Satanic Edition?

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

I don't understand why people think my post is funny, it's true. 

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:37 AM, deXxterlab97 said:

I installed Elementery OS once, tried Ctrl Alt T to open Terminal, didn't work and tried looking manual but too long so I removed it. Yes I removed it because I could not open Terminal with a shortcut

I would have too.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 11/27/2016 at 8:57 PM, MANIDY inc said:

I will not,

Brought to you by Squarespace,

you should. 

45 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

How do you figure so? Seriously asking.

Ubuntu is based on Debian, which in turn is actually the core/base for every other Debian-based Linux Distribution on the internet. All OS's have trust / security issues, in fact, the entire concept of trusted code only works when people understand encryption, or use something locked down like iOS, and you and I both can guess which one the general public understand more... :P

In reality, there aren't that many actual core/base Linux systems out there. We've got Slackware (packages), Debian (apt-get), RPM-based (yum), Gentoo, and the odd modified/branched variants like Pacman (Arch Linux) and whatever PartedMagic is based on these days. Hell, even macOS is based on BSD, which resulted from the same Unix core that allowed for all the Linux cores to exist.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

12 minutes ago, kirashi said:

even macOS is based on BSD, which resulted from the same Unix core that allowed for all the Linux cores to exist.

well that is an over simplification. I dont know what you mean by UNIX core; they're just adhering to the POSIX standards. MacOS shares code with other projects so its only part BSD

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, IAmLamp said:

can you elaborate on disk issues?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

25 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Brought to you by Squarespace,

you should. 

Dank

Everyone should own a vive.