Coolermaster Mastercase 5 Glass window

PeggersXtreme

Just wondering if anyone has got the Mastercase 5 with the glass window I ordered the S340 Elite but am considering returning it and going with the Mastercase Maker 5 and getting the glass window to go with it but wondering how clear the glass is as in video's it looks very dark whereas the NZXT s340 Elite's glass is super clear. 

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

To my knowledge, the Mastercase 5's window is not tinted. I believe it is completely clear. The pictures look the way you are describing because cooler master wants consumers to know that there is a window there.

Hope this helps...

-Delta

1 minute ago, DeltaGames said:

To my knowledge, the Mastercase 5's window is not tinted. I believe it is completely clear. The pictures look the way you are describing because cooler master wants consumers to know that there is a window there.

It looks like it may be smoked slightly but I wasn't sure how clear it was it may be reflections making it look like that because the S340 elite window in videos looks quite dark but in person it's very clear i'm thinking the mastercase may be better for airflow over the s340 elite and the s340 elite has like a matte soft touch paint to it and mine arrived with a small scratch on the top makes me wonder how much it will scratch over time. 

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

From videos and product pages, I'd reccomend the Mastercase but the S340 is fine. The Mastercase probably has better airflow and I'm fairly sure that it's panel is clear.

On a completely irrelevant note, how did you set the part of your profile on the side, under your picture, that says "I don't know what to put here"?

Hope this helps...

-Delta

It's just under edit profile I think it's the very first thing you can edit.

Custom PC:

Just now, SmashinMachine said:

It is ddarkened tempered glass....

DSC_0391.JPGIMG_20161103_144208.jpg

Oh guessing without lights you can't see much of the inside then

Custom PC:

1 minute ago, PeggersXtreme said:

Oh guessing without lights you can't see much of the inside then

No you can't see so much...

it is like a WOW effect you know ;)

Just now, SmashinMachine said:

I'm thinking of getting the case just not sure about the led colour on the front panel shame they aren't white so it doesn't break up theme the S340 elite paint job was soft and was scratch when I received it so sent it back

Custom PC:

2 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

Also case doesn't look too massive like my 780t which is too big for me

Custom PC:

Yeah 780t is full tower case, mastercase 5 is mid-tower but it has a lot of space inthere 

It can handle some e-atx boards unofficially

18 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

Yeah 780t is full tower case, mastercase 5 is mid-tower but it has a lot of space inthere 

It can handle some e-atx boards unofficially

That's great I hate my full tower and really want a smaller case I even considered MATX motherboard and cases but there isn't many MATX cases I know the master case 3 is mATX but I prefer the Maker 5 :D

Custom PC:

7 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

That's great I hate my full tower and really want a smaller case I even considered MATX motherboard and cases but there isn't many MATX cases I know the master case 3 is mATX but I prefer the Maker 5 :D

I used a corsait 600t with the same build before, the motherboard temps are now 8-10°C lower @load than in 600t. It has a very good airflow too....

And so many new exciting accecories will come tooo

may be RGB FANs, Vertical GPU Holder, SSD Holder, GPU holder, moddig stuff etc

And the CM support is great...

1 minute ago, SmashinMachine said:

I used a corsait 600t with the same build before, the motherboard temps are now 8-10°C lower @load than in 600t. It has a very good airflow too....

And so many new exciting accecories will come tooo

may be RGB FANs, Vertical GPU Holder, SSD Holder, GPU holder, moddig stuff etc

And the CM support is great...

Yeah I only use SSD's now so SSD mounts are important to me I need to change my signature I changed a lot of my hardware up this year

Custom PC:

HEre some exciting SSD trays for next year...

1. Vertical SSD Tray

350x700px-LL-0ee499be_sYTpFWQ.jpeg

350x700px-LL-25c352c8_cptIJyK.jpeg

2.Horizantal SSD Cage

350x700px-LL-2b3faa2c_QvlrOE3.jpeg

350x700px-LL-4457a43c_lznL9PR.jpeg

3. Bonus: PCI-e SSD

350x700px-LL-e3fcd140_pK6fjuN.jpeg

Or you can mount it in the back like me

DSC_0309.JPG

1. Vertical SSD Tray

2.Horizantal SSD Cage

DSC_0309.JPG

looks good is it a fairly quiet case and what are the stock fans like I will probably change them eventually but to start with will have to use them.

Custom PC:

The stock fans are very quite case fans. I installed the Noctua's because of the Radiators.

You can change it later if you need.

They have very good fan sortiment tooo

Screenshot_44.png

The stock fans are very quite case fans. I installed the Noctua's because of the Radiators.

You can change it later if you need.

They have very good fan sortiment tooo

Screenshot_44.png

Awesome looks good from what I've seen this will be my first coolermaster case only had NZXT and Corsair NZXT wins on quality out of the two but Corsair wins on Customer Service lol

Custom PC:

On 12/6/2016 at 0:52 AM, SmashinMachine said:

1. Vertical SSD Tray

2.Horizantal SSD Cage

DSC_0309.JPG

Hi my friend, i would love to know if you have radiator behind those noctua's at the front, because it seems like you have 140mm fans, i would like to know if 3x140mm rad could fit in. Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, DeanS said:

Hi my friend, i would love to know if you have radiator behind those noctua's at the front, because it seems like you have 140mm fans, i would like to know if 3x140mm rad could fit in. Thanks in advance.

@DeanS

Yes there is a 420mm Radiator behind them.Noctua Fans without a Radiator would be waste of money.,... :D  420mm Radiator has to be shorter than 460mm! Then you need  a little modification on case to mount it in the case.

You have to know that you can  mount a thicker Radiator only in Maker 5 because of the Gap!

MAKER 5

Screenshot_48.png

5 and 5 PRO:Screenshot_49.png

I recommend HardwareLabs Radiators because they are the shortest radiators but EK 420mm Radiator fits in there too. It is exact 460mm

But it would be difficult because of the ports...

I mounted a Hardware Labs Radiator with Multiport for more flexiblity on tubing.

Screenshot_52.png

First I dissassmbled the front I/O panel. There is a recess  under this panel. 

I had to cut it bigger with a dremel to put it in... It tooks me 5min

BEFORE:

IMG-20160808-WA0002.jpeg

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0244.JPG

And my Build at the End

IMG_20161105_151053.jpg

DSC_0246.JPG

14 hours ago, SmashinMachine said:

@DeanS

Yes there is a 420mm Radiator behind them.Noctua Fans without a Radiator would be waste of money.,... :D  420mm Radiator has to be shorter than 460mm! Then you need  a little modification on case to mount it in the case.

You have to know that you can  mount a thicker Radiator only in Maker 5 because of the Gap!

MAKER 5

Screenshot_48.png

5 and 5 PRO:Screenshot_49.png

I recommend HardwareLabs Radiators because they are the shortest radiators but EK 420mm Radiator fits in there too. It is exact 460mm

But it would be difficult because of the ports...

I mounted a Hardware Labs Radiator with Multiport for more flexiblity on tubing.

Screenshot_52.png

First I dissassmbled the front I/O panel. There is a recess  under this panel. 

I had to cut it bigger with a dremel to put it in... It tooks me 5min

BEFORE:

IMG-20160808-WA0002.jpeg

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0244.JPG

And my Build at the End

IMG_20161105_151053.jpg

DSC_0246.JPG

I have to say that your system looks bloody gorgeous!! big THUMBS UP to you. 

Somehow my pro 5 used maker 5's chassis cause the gap is similar to yours, but the cutting part i have to consider a bit (also because i dont like the fins on 140mm noctuas)

And thank you very much for the very very informative reply there, much information gathered.

BTW, what lighting do you have in your case? might want to copy that if you dont mind. :)

9 hours ago, DeanS said:

I have to say that your system looks bloody gorgeous!! big THUMBS UP to you. 

Somehow my pro 5 used maker 5's chassis cause the gap is similar to yours, but the cutting part i have to consider a bit (also because i dont like the fins on 140mm noctuas)

And thank you very much for the very very informative reply there, much information gathered.

BTW, what lighting do you have in your case? might want to copy that if you dont mind. :)

Thanky you very much for compliments.... You're welcome

I build 12V thin LED Stripes in there and connect it with the led connector from mastercase... You can cut it shorter too

DSC_0346.JPG

They say if you want things done right you have to do it yourself, and they are damn right. But i doubt i can do something like that any time soon i still have to find some place around which sells good led which does not burn out from time to time. A good project to look forward to non the less. 

And thank you again for your kindness and everything else.