Which Boinc Project To Do?

14 minutes ago, Madone6 said:

Hey friends!

I want to get started with boinc, any projects I should do?

Wanna do:

1. humanitarian research? Go for WCG. Use the link and you'll be added straight up to the LTT team. Note: CPU only project
  2. math research? Go for PrimeGrid.

There are others, but those are the 2 that I have experience with and can personally recommend.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Wanna do:

1. humanitarian research? Go for WCG. Use the link and you'll be added straight up to the LTT team. Note: CPU only project
  2. math research? Go for PrimeGrid.

There are others, but those are the 2 that I have experience with and can personally recommend.

Currently Cranking away at PrimeGrid!

A10-7800 | GTX 750 Ti | 8GB DDR3

Folding Stats

Just now, Madone6 said:

Currently Cranking away at PrimeGrid!

Remember to join the LTT team and you'll be golden!

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Imakuni said:

I did :D

Folding Stats

9 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Does PrimeGrid use the GPU?

Folding Stats

2 minutes ago, Madone6 said:

Does PrimeGrid use the GPU?

It can, if you so desire, unless it's an ancient Radeon HD 4350 like mine (and even then, it's Window's fault that it doesn't work, not PrimeGrid's). Naturally, you can block it from using the GPU too, if you so desire.

It can, if you so desire, unless it's an ancient Radeon HD 4350 like mine (and even then, it's Window's fault that it doesn't work, not PrimeGrid's). Naturally, you can block it from using the GPU too, if you so desire.

How do you set that up?

Folding Stats

Just now, Madone6 said:

How do you set that up?

What, using the GPU or not using it?

Just now, Madone6 said:

Using it

Right... for that 750ti of your's, I'm assuming, go into your project preferences page and tick "Use Nvidia GPU" + whichever GPU projects you want to work on in the Nvidia GPU colunm.

Outside of the AP27 subproject, which won't work unless your card is a 2gb model, you can pick any of the other options available, though I suggest you avoid GF20, 21 and 22, due to their size. Once you get more experienced, maybe then you can venture into those, but I suggest not doing those for now.

Also, remember to set your Boinc Client's cache to 0.

Right... for that 750ti of your's, I'm assuming, go into your project preferences page and tick "Use Nvidia GPU" + whichever GPU projects you want to work on in the Nvidia GPU colunm.

Outside of the AP27 subproject, which won't work unless your card is a 2gb model, you can pick any of the other options available, though I suggest you avoid GF20, 21 and 22, due to their size. Once you get more experienced, maybe then you can venture into those, but I suggest not doing those for now.

Also, remember to set your Boinc Client's cache to 0.

Did it!

Folding Stats