AMD Kaveri APUs With SteamrollerB Cores & GCN Graphics Announcement In December.

Imagine potential 290X and Kaveri APU synergy. I mean, if it were to be happening, they would've already made a big deal out of it (unless it's under NDA), but even then. Imagine the next iteration of APU's potential synergy with the 3XX series. 

I see epic things in the future. Intel/Nvidia can't do this as extensively unless they team up. I think AMD is finally coming into something only they can do. 100% Synergy between CPU and GPU. 

... Brace yourselves. Awesomeness is coming. 

If you watch some of AMD's last years developer summit, they talk exactly about that, how to use the onboard GPUs of APUs for various types of processing in-game in addition to having a powerful dedicated graphics card.

I really doubt Mantle is just about improving dedicated graphics card performance, there is more to it, but before they can talk about it they have to have a demo ready to showcase.

AMD did announce that they will be showcasing demos for Mantle & announcing more studio partnerships, so stay tuned, November just got a bit more exciting.

Imagine potential 290X and Kaveri APU synergy. I mean, if it were to be happening, they would've already made a big deal out of it (unless it's under NDA), but even then. Imagine the next iteration of APU's potential synergy with the 3XX series. 

I see epic things in the future. Intel/Nvidia can't do this as extensively unless they team up. I think AMD is finally coming into something only they can do. 100% Synergy between CPU and GPU. 

... Brace yourselves. Awesomeness is coming. 

I's all happening exactly as I described :P the real reason why AMD included less FPUs in their FX CPUs - because they don't need them with FLOPS offloaded to the GPU acting as an FPU :D

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

QRzATdw.jpg

Kinda depressing if true, lets hope thats them choosing to lower the clock so much and not a byproduct of manufacturing having a CPU thats alot faster being clocked alot lower negates the performance gains.. and if the new CPU's etc are slower  would be a massive failure AGAIN

but Grain of salt ..

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

QRzATdw.jpg

Kinda depressing if true, lets hope thats them choosing to lower the clock so much and not a byproduct of manufacturing having a CPU thats alot faster being clocked alot lower negates the performance gains.. and if the new CPU's etc are slower  would be a massive failure AGAIN

but Grain of salt ..

The CPUs would perform at minimum equal to their predecessor so by that logic it's performing equal to it at wayyyy lower clock speeds - if you were to OC it to say 4Ghz you'd probably have a CPU near the 6300, imagine it at like 5Ghz or even 5.2Ghz on the no-iGPU version.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Well, acting as 512 FPUs :D

This.

This is why an APU is better than a CPU with FP Units. 

Not sure if integrated graphics for Intel work the same way, but ... I assume they wouldn't. Otherwise they'd make a big deal out of it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.