AMD Kaveri APUs With SteamrollerB Cores & GCN Graphics Announcement In December.

More info surfaced regarding AMD's upcoming APU line of products code named "Kaveri".
These new APUs will be utilizing a refined version of AMD's Steamroller architecture code named "SteamrollerB" and will integrate GCN graphics/parallel processing on-die for the first time.

New features of Kaveri also include PCIe 3.0 support, HSA support with unified memory access & heterogenous queuing, new PCIe x4 SSD interface and a dedicated audio DSP (likely similar to TrueAudio).

AMD is going to officially reveal Kaveri in December with market availability following shortly afterwards in February.
This confirms the delay of Kaveri by 1 quarter, however it's not all bad news, these delays did allow AMD to refine the Steamroller architecture, thus the "SteamrollerB" nomenclature.

Kaveri-APU-Desktop-Features.png

SteamrollerB features the new Steamroller micro-architecture with improved boost speeds & characteristics + a configurable TDP.
As mentioned above, AMD will be releasing Kaveri in February starting with 2 A10 SKUs and one A8 SKU.

Source

Hopefully they compare decently to intel processors. then the market would really heat up

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

But will they use FM2/+ socket?

Also good post :)

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

make an Excavator based APU  with 6 or more cores with a GPU comparable to a 7850 or faster all in one with DDR4 support so there wont be any GPU bottlenecks

perfect  mini gaming pc

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Is that a separate PCI-E 4x controller for SSDs?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Awesome, I'm digging Kaveri. It looks like a decent upgrade in the APU line up, def gonna see some newer, cheaper kill your console builds around with this, SteamOS and mantle.

Who wouldn't build a steam box with that combo...

"muh grafix I need two op pcs cuz I don't have sense" One gaming computer is enough. Use a cheapo pc to stream to your tv using the steam stuff

Great it has steamroller cores......now where is my FX 8 core steamroller? My 8150 seems a bit sluggish and my board is just itching for an upgrade.

^That^

Meh, all I really want from them at this point is a Fx-8350 equivalent on FM2+. 

My Fm2+ mobo comes tomorrow. This is a great find. Excited! And the release is strategically set around tax refund time.  

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

This could be a big deal for AMD

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

This is all great, but come on an a10 is a quad core chip, this may be on par with the old 2500k at stock ( not clock for clock, but still fine ) they have consoles with 8 cores ( 2x 4 core chips but nvm ) and still no news on the 8 or 6 core steamroller, and i get what AMD is trying to do but for users that need more CPU power, this is nothing good, and we are force to go piledriver ( not saying it's bad, would rather take that vs an i5 ), and that is kinda a power hog, even if they refresh the piledriver, the power consumption stays, i don't mind heat since i was planing to get the NH-D14 anyway 

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Everything I described is happening ^_^

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

now if only someone could make an good mITX FM2+ board...

I almost jumped on an gigabyte mITX FM2 board because i'm so tired of waiting for Kaveri, now i'm just stressed.

So two APU releases this year and yet not even an announcement on the CPU side?

is APU world friend  :lol:

Kaveri2.png

FP score might be due to lack of L3 Cache on the APU

and as usual

salt-shaker-TooFarNorth-text1.jpg

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

APUs are the future of processing and you can quote me on that :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Hopefully these new APUs will be (processing wise) on par or about on par with Intel CPUs. Very curious as to how much more powerful the onboard GPU will be when compared to the one on the 6800K. 

COMIC SANS

I'm looking forward to this. If we can offload all the CPU related floating point operations to the GPU side of the APU, bam, CPU performance should increase quite nicely in video games (very floating point heavy programs). 

@Glenwing, as am I. It has everything to do with implementation and support. If done well, it should succeed and be very beneficial. If done horribly, ... yeah. It will fail. 

Once APU's get stronger (i.e. rivaling Intel CPUs in single core performance), I will consider moving to a platform that has them. Until then, my 3570k is all I need. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm looking forward to this. If we can offload all the CPU related floating point operations to the GPU side of the APU, bam, CPU performance should increase quite nicely in video games (very floating point heavy programs). 

@Glenwing, as am I. It has everything to do with implementation and support. If done well, it should succeed and be very beneficial. If done horribly, ... yeah. It will fail. 

Once APU's get stronger (i.e. rivaling Intel CPUs in single core performance), I will considering moving to a platform that has them. Until then, my 3570k is all I need. :D

So with Mantle support on Frosbite 3 games, offloading floating point calculations to the GPU is not far fetched.

Very excited to see the results of this.

So with Mantle support on Frosbite 3 games, offloading floating point calculations to the GPU is not far fetched.

Very excited to see the results of this.

Imagine potential 290X and Kaveri APU synergy. I mean, if it were to be happening, they would've already made a big deal out of it (unless it's under NDA), but even then. Imagine the next iteration of APU's potential synergy with the 3XX series. 

I see epic things in the future. Intel/Nvidia can't do this as extensively unless they team up. I think AMD is finally coming into something only they can do. 100% Synergy between CPU and GPU. 

... Brace yourselves. Awesomeness is coming. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.