23.8" Phillips 4k Monitor Due 2014 - Plans for a 28" As Well

EChondo

http://www.itproportal.com/2013/09/08/exclusive-sub-1000-238in-4k-monitors-coming-philips-2014/

Philips_Brilliance_231P_08_contentfullwi

We sat down with Jeroen Brants, Product Manager Europe for MMD Monitors and Displays, the exclusive license holder worldwide for Philips monitors, signage and large displays, to discuss about the company’s current status and future products.

What got us excited though was the news that Philips MMD will be releasing a 4K monitor in Q1 next year that will cost less than 999 Euros and will have a 23.8in display. A 28in model will also be available. It is likely that both panels will be sourced from LG as the Korean manufacturer is the only one to have announced a 23.8in 4K panel.

At 185ppi, it will be the monitor with the highest pixel density on the market although it doesn’t surpass the IBM T221, which, with a resolution of more than 9.2-megapixel has the world’s highest resolution and the highest pixel density as well with a 22.2in diagonal.

Brants also hinted that more monitors will integrate Miracast technology which may well pave the way for seamless and universal wireless displays.

Simply amazing. A practically 24" monitor that's 4k and costs 1k Euros? Not bad, still expensive, but we are getting close!

I might actually consider buying this

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I myself will not consider buying this because it is really ugly

But... Dat pixel density...

Yeah, I wouldn't get it. I can't find wallpapers to use in 1920x1200, much less 4K.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I've always wanted a ~24" 4K monitor because I love the size, but seeing how small everything is on the screen, maybe windows theme optimization or something will help

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Well they are supposedly using a LG panel, so we could see Dell or other manufacturers using said panel as well!

OMG!! You wont even need anti aliasing!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I think it's pretty good looking. Not everything has to be black to look nice in my opinion.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

About bloody time. One of those companies managed to get their fingers out of their ass and give us a 4k monitor for less than the price of a small car. Took them fucking long enough.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

No, you always need anti aliasing.

But really, what would extra large icons look like?

Probably what it looks like now for your desktop? :P

I just do: CTRL+Scroll Wheel Up/Down on my desktop until my icons are the size that I want/look good.

Oh my 4K is getting cheap!! I remember Linus contemplating selling his motorcycle for a $4500 4K monitor. He'd be glad he didn't ;)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I still want to see how people buying these early models will verify these are actually 4K vs bogus almost 4K displays?

Any of you buying these or some other early phase model 4K, be sure you can verify its actually 4K and not some pseudo 4K monitor.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I still want to see how people buying these early models will verify these are actually 4K vs bogus almost 4K displays?

Any of you buying these or some other early phase model 4K, be sure you can verify its actually 4K and not some pseudo 4K monitor.

I really don't think a reputable company's such as asus or Phillips would sell bogus 4k displays.

Maybe you're referring to other makers?

I really don't think a reputable company's such as asus or Phillips would sell bogus 4k displays.

Maybe you're referring to other makers?

All makers. Just because you get 4K res doesn't mean you get a quality display that will actually be better than an non 4K. You'll need to read the fine print.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Don't really like the silver bezel on it and it is pretty expensive imo. Would wait for 4K to become more popular before deciding on getting one.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Don't really like the silver bezel on it and it is pretty expensive imo. Would wait for 4K to become more popular before deciding on getting one.

Of course its going to be expensive, its 4k.

Seems like a pretty nice option, hopefully being classified as a "monitor" will mean it will have DVI and/or DisplayPort inputs, otherwise it's still only going to be 30 FPS...

Seems like a pretty nice option, hopefully being classified as a "monitor" will mean it will have DVI and/or DisplayPort inputs, otherwise it's still only going to be 30 FPS...

DVI? No go. DL DVI only goes up to about 33Hz when it comes to 4k resolutions.

Displayport is our only option(and best option ever).

I want it NOW!!!

I need all them pixels...

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

If Asus could get 4K monitors out at 23-30" and at $1400, I would buy two. 

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Hope it doesn't suffer for the same crap with the DP being seen by the Asus monitor as 2 DL DVI connections and needing to run in eyefinity or nvidia surround. Price is nice, exponential decrease in less than 6 months, still too high for my budget but will wait till they at about $200-450 price point.