Corsair H115i vs NZXT Kraken X62 AIOs

KSP

Hello guys,

So Im planning a new build, which I have once again changed the specs of. The current CPU is the 6850K which I hope to overclock to 4.2GHz, a pretty moderate overclock. I have chosen to go for a 280mm AIO from either Corsair or NZXT. So, from Corsair, its the H115i, and from NZXT its the Kraken X62. Performance wise, their is not much of a different from what Ive seen at least (I have seen that the Kraken maintains good cooling and a lower pump rpm though). I would like to hear personal experiences and recommendations from you guys. Both Corsair and NZXT has good reviews, and they both have warranties. However, Corsair does cover the cost of any part damaged from an AIO leak, while NZXT will only cover the cost of the AIO. This seems like a big factor, however, the newer AIOs from reliable brands are not know to leak as often anymore, are they?

Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

Have you heard of the NZXT Kraken X62's pump noise? If you haven't, go check out HardwareCanuck's video on how quiet it is... That might be a factor in helping you decide. 

Well I'm dispointed in my h115i. There is a common problem with the fan splitter/corsair link software spaghetti code where fans just ramp up full blast for no reason and I could not for the life of me find a fix. Ended up running them through the motherboard.

For that reason alone I'd go for the kraken ?

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

3 minutes ago, RS2007GOD said:

Well I'm dispointed in my h115i. There is a common problem with the fan splitter/corsair link software spaghetti code where fans just ramp up full blast for no reason and I could not for the life of me find a fix. Ended up running them through the motherboard.

For that reason alone I'd go for the kraken ?

Hmm, thanks for that information.

ive heard people can fix the problem by purchasing a 

Noctua Low Noise Fan Adapter

(NA-SRC10)

That might fix the problem for you :) 

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

1 minute ago, KSP said:

Hmm, thanks for that information.

ive heard people can fix the problem by purchasing a 

Noctua Low Noise Fan Adapter

(NA-SRC10)

That might fix the problem for you :) 

It would kinda fix it yes. The commander mini is the best fix which then you can still control the speed via corsair link. Using voltage adapter doesn't solve the issue of not being able to adjust the speed it simply just makes them run slower with no way to adjust which is the problem. It makes them ramp up and its impossible to lower the speed.

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

2 minutes ago, RS2007GOD said:

It would kinda fix it yes. The commander mini is the best fix which then you can still control the speed via corsair link. Using voltage adapter doesn't solve the issue of not being able to adjust the speed it simply just makes them run slower with no way to adjust which is the problem. It makes them ramp up and its impossible to lower the speed.

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Riptide

Spoiler

Peripherals

Spoiler

On 11/26/2016 at 7:23 PM, KSP said:

Hello guys,

So Im planning a new build, which I have once again changed the specs of. The current CPU is the 6850K which I hope to overclock to 4.2GHz, a pretty moderate overclock. I have chosen to go for a 280mm AIO from either Corsair or NZXT. So, from Corsair, its the H115i, and from NZXT its the Kraken X62. Performance wise, their is not much of a different from what Ive seen at least (I have seen that the Kraken maintains good cooling and a lower pump rpm though). I would like to hear personal experiences and recommendations from you guys. Both Corsair and NZXT has good reviews, and they both have warranties. However, Corsair does cover the cost of any part damaged from an AIO leak, while NZXT will only cover the cost of the AIO. This seems like a big factor, however, the newer AIOs from reliable brands are not know to leak as often anymore, are they?

Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Actually, both NZXT and Corsair will cover any damage/leaking that is caused by the cooler, at least in Corsair's case. I've talked to their reps and they said if in fact the cooler is at fault, they will pay for any damaged hardware. It is a pretty lengthy process, but the odds of it leaking are extremely slim if you know how to install it. With NZXT, I believe they will cover all damages done as well, but they do mention it is at their discretion. This is basically just a failsafe for them for if you say poked a hole in the tube to purposely get a new pc. So whatever cooler you go with, you'll be covered for any complications you may or may not run into.

I am personally a NZXT type of guy in terms of AiO... I've had better experience and the CAM software works way better than the corsair link....

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

• 2 months later...

Considering NZXT Kraken x62, myself. However, there is a LOT of negativity on Newegg towards the CAM software. Serious issues causing the NZXT led display to stop functioning, etc. 

So I think I'm going to buy a H115i as a backup, if I do give the Kraken a try. Just posting this so anyone else stumbling on this thread will be aware of the software issues.

• 1 month later...

Hate to bring up an old post, but has anyone come up with a definitive answer between the x62 and the H115i?  I have the 115i and it works great with four SP140 fans on it from Corsair.  At an ambient temp of 71°F (21°C) my cpu idles between 16-20°C per CAM (MSI Afterburner measures it at 18-19°C).  I don't expect to get this kind of performance out of the x62 (I've never used anything but Corsair AIO coolers), but I was wanting to get at least close to it.  Really my only interest in swapping coolers is because I'm trying to consolidate the number monitoring software titles on my machine.  CAM has come a looooong way in recent months and it works flawlessly for me in controlling my fans via the Grid+ and lights via the HUE+, but then I have Corsair Link to control my pump and LED, and MSI Afterburner to monitor temps and performance over the LCD on a Logitech G13 (yes, I know, it's a long explanation).

Basically I want to switch from using the H115i to the x62 if the performance is relatively the same, and eliminate having to use Corsair Link, thus freeing up resources and hardware handles on my system.

Does the H115i have screw stops? like where you screw in the fans is there a backing to stop it from damaging the radiator fins? I replaced my H100 with a Hyper 212 after I notice some damages on the fins where the screws end.

I might just wait for a updated version (H120i?)

Go with the NZXT KRAKEN x62, its pump is way quieter. Both should have about the same cooling capabilities. And the x62 just looks better. (even though that is more of a taste thing)