Mechanical keyboard suggestions

Tristanjh

My perfect mechanical keyboard would be the corsair k90 but with cherry mx blue switches and adjustable backlighting but wherever I've looked I could not find anything similar to that I was wondering if any of you know if anything like that. Well do you? If not what mechanical keyboard with mx blues would you suggest?

Here is a list of mechanical keyboards that are backlit and use MX Blues

That website is great for finding models of keyboards that fit criteria, and if you can't find them for sale there then you should check TigerImports for Ducky keyboards, or Vendio's eStore for others

I've heard good things about Ducky Shines and the KBT Race and Pure, so you have plenty of options

Finally, if you still can't find the one you want, check out the Geekhack or Deskthority classified listings (they're also WONDERFUL places to check reviews)

PS: If the backlighting isn't necessary I would get a Filco or Leopold

I would get a filco or a ducky but filco isn't really suited to gaming I'm looking for macros and windows lock button also Bengali what's wrong with the razer blackwidow keyboards? I think they seem pretty good the backlighting is amazing!

I'm using a blackwidow standard, I had such bad experience with this keyboard. First is the first time I plugged this keyboard in my computer, it asked me to update to the latest firmware which to be compatible with synapse 2.0. After clicking the update button, updater started to download the latest firmware. It just stayed there for like a hour or 2 at 0% on flashing firmware. So I decided to unplug the keyboard and plug it again. Now the keyboard was detected as an unknown device. It was bricked by the updater, so I have to go back to the store which I bought this and have it replaced. I searched other forums and some people had the same problem when updating to synapse, It just bricks the keyboard. Other problems are random keys registering and sometimes typing on its own like "ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff" it won't stop until I unplug the keyboard and plug it again. It's annoying but it rarely happens.

Filco or WASD (same manufacturer). They're great quality keyboards and last long.

Also WASD allows more customisation than most other mechanical keyboards.

• Sabertooth Z77
  • Intel i7 3770k
  • EVGA FTW GTX 670
  • 16 GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
  • 1TB WD Black HDD
  • 250gb Intel 520 Series SSD
  • Corsair AX750 PSU

Filco, WASD, Leopold, or Ducky in my opinion. All have great build quality.

CM Storm Quickfire TK with Brown WASD keys, Blue switches for CTRL, ALT, tab, windows, space, caps, shift, Ent, backspace and top number keys, the rest would be Red switches.

It is something I doing now, just waiting on the remaining switches from CM Storm :)

The Filco Majestouch 2 with brown switches is really nice, I got it on the boxing day sales and I can say i've enjoyed typing a lot more.

The keyboard is also loud if you tend to hit your keys hard and bottom out.

I would get a filco or a ducky but filco isn't really suited to gaming I'm looking for macros and windows lock button also Bengali what's wrong with the razer blackwidow keyboards? I think they seem pretty good the backlighting is amazing!

Logitech G710+ Would be a good buy, adjustable backlighting, macro keys.

Logitech G710+, Corsair Vengence K90 or Blackwidow Ultimate

Just to weigh in with some potential negatives of those keyboards just to know exactly what you might be buying. The G710+ has had some backlighting issues if you read some of the reviews on sites like newegg. It has a 2 year warranty so if something does go out during that time period it should be easy to get it fixed/replaced. Other than that it seems to be a solid keyboard. The K90 uses rubber dome switches on all of the macro keys as well as the whole top row (escape --> pause|break). If you are fine with that, and like the switch type it would be a solid keyboard choice as well. Razer seems to be a hit or miss with a lot of their products, people tend to complain about quality control issues with them. I really haven't had a lot of experience with their products. Out of these three I would personally take the G710+ because Logitech is a great company, and their build quality (minus the potential backlighting issue) seems to be great.

Kinda off topic, but It's worth noting that mechanicalkeyboards.com and tigerimports.net are operated by the same people, and have the same inventory.

Yeah I agree solar I mean I've had the razer mamba for a bit over a year and I've had no problems what so ever but some people have issues with squeaking but I haven't even heard of any problems with the blackwidow line of keyboards apart from the guy who had some software problems my freind bought it in November and he hasn't had any problems with the keyboard other than it sometimes annoys his parents but that's only the switches. Thanks everyone ill defenitely keep ur advise in mind when I finally pick something though I am thinking about the new corsair k95 it changes the biggest problem ppl had which was the membrane g and f keys and that lighting feature is epic similar to the ducky shine 2.