Cheap graphing calculator

Clanscorpia

I wil recommend you to go for HP 50G. Pretty much blows everything away. My gf got it when it was 200 euros, came with PDF instructions on 126 pages. Complicating as hell, but that's how good it is. 

Mind you it's almost big as a brick. 

https://www.amazon.com/HP-HP50G-50g-Graphing-Calculator/dp/B000GTPRPS/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1480103234&sr=1-1&keywords=hp+g50

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

49 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

and if its for school , EVERY TEACHER has used one and can help you out

My English teacher doesn't have one

Just now, Windows 10 said:

My English teacher doesn't have one

He probably used one going through school

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

He probably used one going through school

I don't think there were graphing calculators in the 70s

The first CPUs were for calculators.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

K but did school students use graphing calculators in the 70s?

1 minute ago, Windows 10 said:

K but did school students use graphing calculators in the 70s?

Id assume so. They were really designed for students for mathematics and for engineering and stuff like that

Spoiler

AXIOM

12 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

-snip-

I've heard good things about that one, though I haven't used it. It certainly does more than a Ti graphing calculator.

Still shouldn't get one for school, though. Especially not for pure math.

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I'd assume so. They were really designed for students in mathematics and engineering and stuff like that.

Casio's FX-7000G, the first commercial graphing calculator, was released in 1985.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Windows 10 said:

It's a known fact that Steve Wozniak sold his scientific calculator in 1976. (and Jobs sold his VW van) to get the money for Apple I. :P

Just now, Bouzoo said:

It's a known fact that Steve Wozniak sold his scientific calculator in 1976. (and Jobs sold his VW van) to get the money for Apple I. :P

BUT were the the students in the school using them at that time

BUT were the the students in the school using them at that time

Oh wait, I misread, you were talking about graphic calculator. Ignore me. 

12 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I wil recommend you to go for HP 50G. Pretty much blows everything away. My gf got it when it was 200 euros, came with PDF instructions on 126 pages. Complicating as hell, but that's how good it is. 

Mind you it's almost big as a brick. 

https://www.amazon.com/HP-HP50G-50g-Graphing-Calculator/dp/B000GTPRPS/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1480103234&sr=1-1&keywords=hp+g50

I might go for that one its pretty cheap

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

I might go for that one its pretty cheap

wtf 130 here.

Spoiler

AXIOM

2 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I've heard good things about that one, though I haven't used it. It certainly does more than a Ti graphing calculator.

Still shouldn't get one for school, though. Especially not for pure math.

Well it can make your life easier, since it can literally solve (almost) everything. But at the same time it can make an idiot out of you if you rely too much on it. xD

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

wtf 130 here.

Any other sites/stores that you might check for it? How much would it cost if you were to order from US?

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Any other sites/stores that you might check for it? How much would it cost if you were to order from US?

I dont think Amazon will let me. but I think Im going to agree with @Dash Lambda here. I dont think Im going to get one until I really need to so I dont start relying on it. Ill still be able to hop on a graphing site if I really need to

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

I dont think Amazon will let me. but I think Im going to agree with @Dash Lambda here. I dont think Im going to get one until I really need to so I dont start relying on it. Ill still be able to hop on a graphing site if I really need to

That is true, It might be worth to get it only if you're going to a uni/faculty that will have lots of math

14 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Canadian Dollar* (CAD)

I would like to refer you to one of the great videos of our overlord:

If the timestamp got eaten, try 0:55

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

22 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

And sadly, calculators haven't moved much forward since. A $20 phone comes with a full color display of higher resolution than any graphing calculator, and a dual core 1 GHz processor with 512 MB of RAM. TI can charge multiple times that on a 48MHz Z80, lousy display, and 256KB of RAM in,  what is nearly 2017.

Functionally speaking, the $20 phone can easily do the same thing with the right software. 

Needless to say, I'd go pencil and paper before grabbing such an antiquated device (the TI calculator) for more than $20. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…