RX470 Nitro+ OC High temps?

Andrew9205

Heya there!

I'm having this thing with this GPU  that I bought for my girlfriend, (she's a real Rust addict) While playing Rust the video card goes up to 77*C and I think thats too hot  considering that my r9 280x only got as high as 75*C In her case(which I gave to her)  

Are there any ways to lower the temps without buying stuff like cases and coolers?  The case has one front  intake and one exhaust and its very clear inside, nothing to make the air go crazy.  The cooler pulls air just under the video card. As I said, it gets hotter than my 280x and I find find that weird. Are there any programs to lower voltages or do stuff like that? (I have no idea how to)  Can any of you rx 470 guys with the same problem tell me a quick solution to lower the temps via software with at least 2-3 degrees? I know I'm not the only with this thing with the RX470.  

Drivers up to date, Win10

I3 6100,8gb DDR 4,500w psu.  Raidmax aura case with airflow mods(chopping it with the metal scissor) 

Thanks 

I've read the reviews on Newegg and other's have stated the same thing with some finding a fix by lowering the volts and customizing the fan speed. I'm looking at getting the same GPU for my g.f.

4 minutes ago, Andrew9205 said:

Heya there!

I'm having this thing with this GPU  that I bought for my girlfriend, (she's a real Rust addict) While playing Rust the video card goes up to 77*C and I think thats too hot  considering that my r9 280x only got as high as 75*C In her case(which I gave to her)  

Are there any ways to lower the temps without buying stuff like cases and coolers?  The case has one front  intake and one exhaust and its very clear inside, nothing to make the air go crazy.  The cooler pulls air just under the video card. As I said, it gets hotter than my 280x and I find find that weird. Are there any programs to lower voltages or do stuff like that? (I have no idea how to)  Can any of you rx 470 guys with the same problem tell me a quick solution to lower the temps via software with at least 2-3 degrees? I know I'm not the only with this thing with the RX470.  

Drivers up to date, Win10

I3 6100,8gb DDR 4,500w psu.  Raidmax aura case with airflow mods(chopping it with the metal scissor) 

Thanks 

the higher the clock, the higher the voltage needed to run at that clock, apart from increasing fan speeds and reducing back the clock there isn't anything you can do. You could try and re-position a fan so that the card gets more airflow, but that's about it. 

What software should I use for lowering down the voltage , clocks and fan speeds?