PSvita screen

iMany101

How much is it do you think to get an original PSvita screen repaired, i dropped mine a while ago and i have yet to get it fixed but im not sure the exact cost to get it repaired?

mine broke and i had to watch a youtube video to get it fixed, dont have it anymore. but people dont specialize in that.

I'd expect people who fix phone screens to be able to fix them, but i was surprised when i was turned away. liek WTF, same shit.

but it shouldnt be far from the same price to get a iphone screen fix.

---UtterMayhem

Ask me About the Signature 

Spoiler

It's a new Comic Series my team and I are working on.

Here are Sneak Peaks of it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qk86iyvbp2wce6/AABFjOL1Yp2bQG7xruxuVToTa?dl=0

On 11/24/2016 at 3:33 PM, Utter_Mayhem said:

mine broke and i had to watch a youtube video to get it fixed, dont have it anymore. but people dont specialize in that.

I'd expect people who fix phone screens to be able to fix them, but i was surprised when i was turned away. liek WTF, same shit.

but it shouldnt be far from the same price to get a iphone screen fix.

How is it the same thing if it's different screens on different devices?  If some one knows how to replace a dashboard in a Honda Civic, that doesn't mean he can do it on a Ford Explorer. Your answer is pure supposition. 

1 hour ago, TheBestUserName said:

How is it the same thing if it's different screens on different devices?  If some one knows how to replace a dashboard in a Honda Civic, that doesn't mean he can do it on a Ford Explorer. Your answer is pure supposition. 

how about if someone knows how to replace the windshield of a Honda Civic, does that mean he would be able to replace the windshield of a Ford Explorer, your analysis has a blind spot bias.

It's 2 relatively similar devices, its different if someone wants to fix the motherboard of a phone compared to the motherboard of a PS vita, but when you talk about the screen, this is something that should share a generally similar idea. remove the screws, casing, bolts, glue, remove screen, add new adhesive, new screen, put back casing and screws.

Its just that the dude was thinkign like you and didnt want to do it for me, i had to look up how to do it, and most of the videos i watched were on how to replace 3ds screens, they are relatively similar

---UtterMayhem

Spoiler

Here are Sneak Peaks of it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qk86iyvbp2wce6/AABFjOL1Yp2bQG7xruxuVToTa?dl=0

17 minutes ago, Utter_Mayhem said:

how about if someone knows how to replace the windshield of a Honda Civic, does that mean he would be able to replace the windshield of a Ford Explorer, your analysis has a blind spot bias.

It's 2 relatively similar devices, its different if someone wants to fix the motherboard of a phone compared to the motherboard of a PS vita, but when you talk about the screen, this is something that should share a generally similar idea. remove the screws, casing, bolts, glue, remove screen, add new adhesive, new screen, put back casing and screws.

Its just that the dude was thinkign like you and didnt want to do it for me, i had to look up how to do it, and most of the videos i watched were on how to replace 3ds screens, they are relatively similar

There's no "blind spot bias."  Replacing a windshield is straightforward regardless of the vehicle. There are no screws, nothing to open, nothing to disconnect, it's a simple lift-and-replace.   Replacing screens involves opening the device, dealing with ribbon cables, screws, connectors, and anything else that might be in there.  So.. c'mon.  My analogy was pretty sound.  

The analogy notwithstanding (that's not the topic at hand), if an iPhone repair shop doesn't repair PlayStation Vitas.... then they don't repair PlayStation Vitas.  They have skills and experience in certain devices and are more than likely guaranteeing their work. If the technician has never worked on a Vita, then his confidence and skill isn't going to be as strong.  Let alone the fact that the shop might not have supply channels for parts, a desire to get them, or the ability to guarantee the work.  

If I'm a Windows Windows technician for a living, and some one brings me a Linux or OS X box and asks me to fix it, I would tell him no even if he says, "But it's the same thing. Same PC parts, and it's still an operating system."  If he asks me to learn it or buy supplies to work on it, I'm going to tell him to take a hike -- that's not my business model.  Any respectable technician would say the same thing. 

If you don't like that, then we can agree to disagree. 

5 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

There's no "blind spot bias."  Replacing a windshield is straightforward regardless of the vehicle. There are no screws, nothing to open, nothing to disconnect, it's a simple lift-and-replace.   Replacing screens involves opening the device, dealing with ribbon cables, screws, connectors, and anything else that might be in there.  So.. c'mon.  My analogy was pretty sound.  

The analogy notwithstanding (that's not the topic at hand), if an iPhone repair shop doesn't repair PlayStation Vitas.... then they don't repair PlayStation Vitas.  They have skills and experience in certain devices and are more than likely guaranteeing their work. If the technician has never worked on a Vita, then his confidence and skill isn't going to be as strong.  Let alone the fact that the shop might not have supply channels for parts, a desire to get them, or the ability to guarantee the work.  

If I'm a Windows Windows technician for a living, and some one brings me a Linux or OS X box and asks me to fix it, I would tell him no even if he says, "But it's the same thing. Same PC parts, and it's still an operating system."  If he asks me to learn it or buy supplies to work on it, I'm going to tell him to take a hike -- that's not my business model.  Any respectable technician would say the same thing. 

If you don't like that, then we can agree to disagree. 

tldr

---UtterMayhem

Spoiler

I'd be surprised if a phone repair shop happened to have a bunch of PS-Vita screens lying around.

Contact your region's Sony support line and they'll probably let you know how much it is. They should be able to do a repair. You could follow the iFixit teardown with your own vita if you find the screen part sold elsewhere (or buy a used one with a working screen) and then reverse the process, swapping out the dead display with a working one. That said the cost of the part or repair process might be about as much as a new console so it might just be worth it to buy a new one.