What is the file size of bf4?

upliftsleet1974

If anyone has pre loaded it could you let me know :) I need to know how much room I need to make on my ssd!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

30GB i think

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

The download was about 24 GB for me..

(now that you mention it.. I downloaded/installed it to the wrong drive... Does anyone know a quick and easy way to move it over without having to spend all the time downloading it again?)

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

30GB I believe

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

5.53 gb for me 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

(now that you mention it.. I downloaded/installed it to the wrong drive... Does anyone know a quick and easy way to move it over without having to spend all the time downloading it again?)

Copy and paste the files to the new directory and uninstall it from the old drive, then go into origin settings and change the install directory to the folder where you moved BF4 to (so BF4 should be a subfolder) then install it again and *in theory* it will just validate the files, which will just take a few minutes.

HTTP/2 203

If anyone has pre loaded it could you let me know :) I need to know how much room I need to make on my ssd!

why on the ssd? you know that your ssd can handle 1/3 of wat you hdd can read and write? install it on a hdd.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

5.53 gb for me 

nice beta you have there xD

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (MB)

over 9000000KB!!!!!!!!!!!

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

why on the ssd? you know that your ssd can handle 1/3 of wat you hdd can read and write? install it on a hdd.

So is it bad to play games of an ssd?

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

24422.16MB Exactly

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So is it bad to play games of an ssd?

no but the lifetime of you're ssd will be shortend for a good shoort time.ssd's are only for OS and programs to load up but to write and read allot you have to have a hdd.

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

no but the lifetime of you're ssd will be shortend for a good shoort time.

I doubt that, SSD's MTBF is usually when it's at max reads/writes not when it needs to pick up game files every now and then, using it as a game drive is fine. Heck I'm sure Windows or Adobe abuse them worse than BF4 ever could.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

no but the lifetime of you're ssd will be shortend for a good shoort time.

But fast loading times make it worth it, and how often does it actually write to the disk? When you install it and when there's an update. SSDs are built to last a long time, just not as long as HDDs. If you have a large enough SSD, you should have windows, a few core programs, and your most used games installed on it to make best use of it.

HTTP/2 203

nice beta you have there xD

oh realy

post-7712-0-34201000-1382900593_thumb.jp

-Adolf Hitler 

24GB + count with a few more GB added by day 1 patch :)

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

But fast loading times make it worth it, and how often does it actually write to the disk? When you install it and when there's an update. SSDs are built to last a long time, just not as long as HDDs. If you have a large enough SSD, you should have windows, a few core programs, and your most used games installed on it to make best use of it.

loading times on game in a ssd and hdd ar the same :)

oh realy

yes

loading times on game in a ssd and hdd ar the same :)

Well it actually depends, a game that's mostly composef of bigger files (which will rely less on IOPS and more on sequential R/W) will load pretty similarly across the board (get it ? Nah, don't think it's that funny) but the games that operates with dozens of thousands of files that are all spread across the game folder, an SSD would help.

What i would suggest is : Install it on HDD if it's a game you're never going to spend that much time playing, and if it's a game baiscally... LIVING in your SSD for a year or so, it won't really matter that much, OCZ validates their SSDs (well mostly the high end ones) for 5 years lifecycle rated at 20 GB of writes each day, Flash isn't that damagable after all.

That's the hang of it basically.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

oh realy

What?

You said your BF4 file size was 5.5 GB, which he called out as being the Beta version, not the full version. 

Your screenshot right there proves that he was correct, and that you have the beta version installed. (notice how the folder name is "Battlefield 4 Beta").

The full version is ~24 GB.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

BF4 Beta only has the Core technology of the Frostbite 3 Engine (in its 64 Bits engine) and all the Shanghai Map assets to make it functional, nothing that fancy and absolutely not representative of the final game.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

What?

You said your BF4 file size was 5.5 GB, which he called out as being the Beta version, not the full version. 

Your screenshot right there proves that he was correct, and that you have the beta version installed. (notice how the folder name is "Battlefield 4 Beta").

The full version is ~24 GB.

aaah ok nvm then 

-Adolf Hitler